Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

We broke up

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Am really sorry to hear about that.

Just try to end all contact for a while as you will need it to be able to sort your head out.

It's gonna take a while but you will eventually stop hurting. *hugs*
  • Options
    I wish I could go back in time and things would be ok again :crying:
    would that really change anything?
    i'm sorry this has happened to you. it hurts like hell at the time; but with time you can learn to let go and move on... *hugs*
    My head hurts from crying non stop. I dont have any friends to look after me, rosie was the only one. Cant believe how alone I feel.
    the tears will stop eventually.
    but just remember ...... you need to look after yourself now.
  • Options
    My head hurts from crying non stop. I dont have any friends to look after me, rosie was the only one. Cant believe how alone I feel.

That's normal, mate, but just remember that you're not alone, you're not the only one its ever happened to, and there are lots of people who are there to help you get over it.

Let yourself cry, you've got to. It was special to you, and you've got to mourn your loss. Don't think you have to be the big man and grin and bear it. It's OK to be thoroughly depressed.
  • Options
    but that seems cruel.

and she was thinking of your feelings when she cheated huh?
    You are a nice guy shyboy but it's time you got tough with her, i know it hurts but you must.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    and she was thinking of your feelings when she cheated huh?
    You are a nice guy shyboy but it's time you got tough with her, i know it hurts but you must.

Agreed.

Regardless of whether she'll pay you back, why the fuck should she have a holiday on your money? If anyone needs it it's you. She'd probably only take that bloke with her anyway and that would seriously be bang out of order.

It's time you took her off that pedestal and saw her for what she is. A totally heartless slag.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    fuck that shit man. its fucking shitty what you did. dont give her the chance to go. ask a mate if they fancy going. get the name on the ticket changed and head with a true mate. double beds can be changed. most places have a fold away bed too. fuck that shit. tell them to go fuck. then when your on your hols, enjoy yourself man. you deserve it not her.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to be harsh, but it's clear you're being used. First by being lied to and now by them going on holiday with your money. Letting them go there would be foolishness. Just take the tickets or whatever back and go yourself. With someone else.
  • Options
    Only let them go if she pays you for it upfront. Personally, I'd rather see my money wasted than let someone who had hurt me benefit from it in any way, shape or form.
  • Options
    Only let them go if she pays you for it upfront. Personally, I'd rather see my money wasted than let someone who had hurt me benefit from it in any way, shape or form.

Me as well.

And Kermit's right - let yourself cry.
  • Options
    Just take the tickets or whatever back and go yourself. With someone else.

*aimed at shyboy*

come on the fuck man. grow some balls. your ex is a bitch. let her stay at home while your with a mate enjoying yourself. if the holidays booked under your name you just need to give her the exact cost she paid you and your flying. I wouldnt give her the holiday. let them fucks enjoy themselves when your stuck at home. fuck that man. your a legend on these boards so act like one
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    *aimed at shyboy*

come on the fuck man. grow some balls. your ex is a bitch. let her stay at home while your with a mate enjoying yourself. if the holidays booked under your name you just need to give her the exact cost she paid you and your flying. I wouldnt give her the holiday. let them fucks enjoy themselves when your stuck at home. fuck that man. your a legend on these boards so act like one
    :yes: Maybe even use her money to go, as she wants to do with yours.
  • Options
    The way i've always seen it, if a gf I have feelings for comes to me and tells me she recently slept with someone, she hates herself for it and she is sorry, I try to understand and forgive.

What happens if it was more than that? (Like there was really something going on between them) Or she'd done this before and you'd already forgiven her?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Ignore this, because it's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

Just because one woman fucked you over and broke your heart, doesn't mean they all will, and doesn't mean you should start to distrust all women or become cynical and bitter about relationships.

:yes:
  • Options
    It describes a hold on men women can have and how some people metaphorically feel after years of experience.

Doesn't mean it's always true though. Do you know every single woman in the world or something? Just because one woman fucked you over, doesn't mean another will do exactly the same.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm not being horrible, you're judgeing me on the misogynistic quote.

I never said that.:confused:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    As should you, given your current standard of behaviour on these boards.

And ShyBoy, sorry as fuck to hear about what happened man. If anyone has any more advice, let's get back to that.
  • Options
    You know you're over your ex when ... you find out she has a new boyfriend and you find yourself wishing him luck.

If you find yourself getting jealous of this guy, don't. She will more than likely cheat on him too. Now you know what she's like you're better off rid.
  • Options
    You know you're over your ex when ... you find out she has a new boyfriend and you find yourself wishing him luck.

If you find yourself getting jealous of this guy, don't. She will more than likely cheat on him too. Now you know what she's like you're better off rid.

:yes: Try to cut off contact as well.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    In the nicest possible way she sounds like a cunt.

I'm crap at advice like this but the best thing to do mate is let it go, you have nowt to be ashamed of, shes the cheating one and she deserve no more than to rot in hell (or local equivalent).

Don't let her minuplate you, it'll be hard, but get your head down and work through it and stuff would come good in the end.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    In the nicest possible way she sounds like a cunt.

:heart:
  • Options
    I spoke to her again and we seem to be getting on - but I was very scared of falling into the trap of constantly following her and loving her. But I don't feel that. We talked about our relationship, and why it failed, and we both realised the signs were there before she even said 2 words to this guy. Little, tiny things. Probably just because we were too young. I made a thread yonks ago saying some of the chemistry had gone in our relationship and I think Kaffrin replied saying after the honeymoon period you either stay together or break up. We stayed together, but I think we probably should have broken up.

So not feeling too bad, things are all sorted out, her mum was crying heh because she :heart:s me, my mum said 'oh i think thats good'. So yea, I'm not coping too bad. Only problem now is I'm bored. Going cinema later to watch over the hedge me thinks. And friends are organising to keep me busy :D.

Also, I noticed today that being on a motorbike does get you looks from girls. Whether it's because they think I'm a wally or otherwise, I don't care, I interpret it as appreciation. So feeling tonnes better :)

Yesterday I was reading this thread and bawling my eyes out, literally. I said to her that the person I loved had died :confused: very pathetic in all. But we did have a talk and its helped us both I reckon.
  • Options
    glad you feel a little better today. i know its hard but hang in there and you'll get over it eventually.
    Also, I noticed today that being on a motorbike does get you looks from girls.
    :yes: true that ;)
  • Options
    Also, I noticed today that being on a motorbike does get you looks from girls.

Indeed, cos bikers are teh sex :yes:
  • Options
    Mine is insured again on Tuesday - can't wait! A68, here I come! :)
  • Options
    A68 on a motorbike. Oh, yes please :yes: Nice pubs too (though obviously only because they sell nice orange juice...)

I'm glad you can still be civil to her, but honestly, you need to avoid all contact with her, at least for a few weeks. Don't dissect what went wrong and why, just say "yeah, it went wrong", have a cry and then go and get lashed with your mates. Plenty more fish in the sea, etc etc.

In time maybes you can be friends, but I'd be starting with the idea that you can't be. I've seen too many of my friends try to remain mates with their exes, and all it does is break their heart time and time again, especially when they get drunk and have one for the road.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    A68 on a motorbike. Oh, yes please :yes: Nice pubs too (though obviously only because they sell nice orange juice...)

Not fussed about the pubs. I go because I love the road, and the scenery is breathtaking if you time it right - sunrise at the border is spectacular, all the mist on the hills... it's been too long. Last trip was January 2005 in my little 205 - wanted to take the Scooby, but knew I'd kill myself.

I can't wait! :D And I think TSBITC should tag along for the ride, he'd enjoy it :).