Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Children of Gay Parents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might sound strange... but does anyone know of any support groups, especially in the UK, for children of gay parents? The reason I ask is that my mum left my dad for another woman, and I have never been able to speak to anyone (apart from my brother and sister) in the same situation as me. Better yet, is anyone here in a similar situation? I just feel kind of isolated and even though I'm not ashamed of it, there's just no one else around who understands what it's like.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,

It makes perfect sense that you would want to speak to others in your situation - hopefully the following will help put you on the right track.

You might want to have a look at www.pinkparents.org.uk - it describes itself as a UK-wide organisation of, by and for lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans parents, parents-to-be and their children, offering an e-magazine, comprehensive resource website, publications, enquiry service and telephone helpline.

Alternatively, if you call the London lesbian and gay switchboard one of their advisors should be able to put you in touch with some support groups 020 7837 7324.

Finally, if you haven't heard of this book before, it might be worth a look.

Good luck ;)