Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

French manicured toenails

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    VinylVicky wrote:
    they look mingin' to me
    lol i just don't get that - i don't see the difference between unpainted fingernails and unpainted toenails myself. They're only nails. But thats just coming from a person who has never felt the need to have fancy toenails and would be wasting her money if she did. :)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    lol i just don't get that - i don't see the difference between unpainted fingernails and unpainted toenails myself. They're only nails. But thats just coming from a person who has never felt the need to have fancy toenails and would be wasting her money if she did. :)
    fair play. fingers look different to toes though. And it probably costs me at the most, £5 a year doing my toes.
  • Options
    You can see no tip of my nails on my toes. A tip way is too long. The toenail cannot go past the toe. It cannot even come to the end of the toe. I see toenails like mens fingernails, the longer the grosser. Tbh, if theres enough space in the nail for things to get in there and get dirty, then its too long.
  • Options
    i cut mine down to the quick as well. I have no preference for painted or unpainted toenails, as long as theyre not yellow with athletes foot.
  • Options
    Wheres the nail quick? I tried to look but just got links for quick drying nail polish.
  • Options
    Yeah, that picture is a bad representation of a proper french manicure. When I do it, the tip is pretty much straight (like nails should be cut!) not rounded. That makes them look ridiculous lol.
  • Options
    just means down to where you can cut it no further - where it joins.
  • Options
    just means down to where you can cut it no further - where it joins.

Thank you. Yes, thats where I cut mine too, and where I think they look good at.
  • Options
    Ewwww. That's faaaar too short.

I have a history of ingrowing toe nails, and had to see a chiropodist who also taught me how to cut toe nails correctly - straight across (not rounded at the corners) and NOT to the quick, leaving at least 1mm of nail tip. :chin:
  • Options
    nah it bothers me if theyre any longer. my nails grow so quickly though tbh, i cut them really short usually cos then i can go longer before i have to cut them again.
  • Options
    i have to have my toenails level with my toe for dance - if they go past that then when im up on my toes, its very painful as you can imagine because you're balancing on your big toe basically so it all has to be even.
    If it goes any shorter then its even worse because then the nails can get pushed back into the nail bed - not nice
    its such a bugger to keep them right
  • Options
    nah it bothers me if theyre any longer. my nails grow so quickly though tbh, i cut them really short usually cos then i can go longer before i have to cut them again.

:yes:

But mine are always cut straight across, anyway, cause i have really square shaped toenails.
    Ballerina wrote:
    i have to have my toenails level with my toe for dance

Level with the tip of your toe?? Are they crazy long? Might just be my weird feet, but I have at least 5mm of toe above where my nail stops :nervous:
  • Options
    Just out of curiousity, why do magazines advise against french manicures on your feet?
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

But mine are always cut straight across, anyway, cause i have really square shaped toenails.

Level with the tip of your toe?? Are they crazy long? Might just be my weird feet, but I have at least 5mm of toe above where my nail stops :nervous:
    no they're fairly normal nails hehe - i've got a friend whos fingernails are tiny....just little stumps of nail with loads of finger on top
    i don't think she bites them either
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

I've got that too...
  • Options
    eeek i couldnt imagine loads of space above my toe nails....gross....lol it seems people with short nails are grossed out by longer nails and vice versa
  • Options
    I've just googled to find an example of what I mean, and fucking hell there are a lot of ugly feet in the world :nervous:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I've just googled to find an example of what I mean, and fucking hell there are a lot of ugly feet in the world :nervous:
    lol the exact reason why i didnt dare google
  • Options
    Whatever you do, do not google image search 'toenail/s'. :sour:

'toenail polish' is pretty safe as far as gore goes, but either my toes are abnormally small, or everyone who posts their feet on the t'internet has mental finger toes!
  • Options
    I've got an ego booster for you Kaff; I got curious and after the shower and nail trim I decided to examine the toes. Theres definatly a bit of room till the quicke, then I measured, and on my thumb toe is a good 1/4 inch (6.35mm) until the end of the toe. The nail itsself is still 1/2 an inch long...

I don't wear sandals for alot of reasons :p
  • Options
    no No NO french manicured tonails.... No manicure .... no toenails....:sour:

joke:D