Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Official Good Luck HMFC Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Our first outing into the Champions League tonight, against Bosnians Siroki Brijeg.

I'd appreciate your support just so I know you're not all a bunch of dirty Huns or Tims (even though most of you couldn't give a fuck about Scottish Football) :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    :lol:

'mon the Siroki!
  • Options
    And you say you're not bitter :lol:
  • Options
    I'm not bitter, I just know the damage "living the dream" does to teams.

Going to end in tears.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I'm not bitter, I just know the damage "living the dream" does to teams.

Going to end in tears.

Aye, Abramovich's take over of Chelsea has gone tits up eh? I mean, Ballack, Shevchenko...who the fuck are they?! What a bunch of no marks! They'll get relgated this season, mark my words!

Just 'cause it happened to your sheep shaggin' mob doesn't mean it's a rule.
  • Options
    I'm a Tim and hate hearts, but for tonight, I'll cheer ya's on. One off though.
  • Options
    c'mon the jambos
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    c'mon the jambos

That's the spirit!

Mon' the Mighty JT's!
  • Options
    That's the spirit!

Mon' the Might JT's!

you going to murrayfield shinester?
  • Options
    you going to murrayfield shinester?

I am indeed. Just waiting for my "I'll be there at 5!" mate to turn up.

Fucking ersehole that he is.
  • Options
    I am indeed. Just waiting for my "I'll be there at 5!" mate to turn up.

Fucking ersehole that he is.

haha everyone seems to have one of those

have a good un

and for fuck sakes dont get beat
  • Options
    most of you couldn't give a fuck about Scottish Football) :)

:yes:
  • Options
    Aye, Abramovich's take over of Chelsea has gone tits up eh? I mean, Ballack, Shevchenko...who the fuck are they?! What a bunch of no marks! They'll get relgated this season, mark my words!

Just 'cause it happened to your sheep shaggin' mob doesn't mean it's a rule.

Oh so you're Chelsea now?

Mate, you sound like a Dundee fan circa 2003, when they were gonna sign Edgar Davids and win the CL in three years. 99% of the teams in the SPL are fucked because they spent stupid money they didn't have, and the TV deal went tits up.

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see. I predict Hearts to go through, but then get knocked out by some average Dutch/German team in the next round.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Good luck jambos :D
  • Options
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Oh so you're Chelsea now?

Where did I say that? My point was, it's worked for them, and many others, who are you to say it won't work for us?

Anyway, what a result. 3-0. And we played pretty badly. Absolutely terrible first half but we picked it up in the second and didn't look back. I've got high hopes of us reaching the 3rd QR round now.
  • Options
    I've got high hopes of us reaching the 3rd QR round now.

where your probably get ac milan!!
  • Options
    where your probably get ac milan!!

Aye, what I didn't say in that other post is that I'm also pretty certain we'll get knocked out the in the 3rd QR :grump:

But anyway, that puts us into the Uefa Cup, which is more our level at this point in time tbh.
  • Options
    it all depends on the draw really, just avoid teams from the main european nations then you have a chance.
  • Options
    it all depends on the draw really, just avoid teams from the main european nations then you have a chance.

Aye if we get a favourable draw then we have a dcent chance of getting through to the Group Stages. It's all we can hope for really.
  • Options
    Where did I say that? My point was, it's worked for them, and many others, who are you to say it won't work for us?

Totally different, as far as I'm aware Chelsea haven't been desperatley trying to send players back where they came from rather than pay for them.

It's never worked in Scottish football, even Rangers and Celtic are fucked financially because they spent what they couldn't afford with the dream of being Euro giants.

Hearts situation at the moment is neither viable nor sustainable, a couple of bad results at the start of the season and Tynie will be half empty again and I'd imagine Valdas will get the bullet.

We're never going to agree on this mate. But all I'll say is that I had this exact conversation with so many Dundee fans three years ago, and now look.

Enjoy it while it lasts, though.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Totally different, as far as I'm aware Chelsea haven't been desperatley trying to send players back where they came from rather than pay for them.

It's never worked in Scottish football, even Rangers and Celtic are fucked financially because they spent what they couldn't afford with the dream of being Euro giants.

Hearts situation at the moment is neither viable nor sustainable, a couple of bad results at the start of the season and Tynie will be half empty again and I'd imagine Valdas will get the bullet.

We're never going to agree on this mate. But all I'll say is that I had this exact conversation with so many Dundee fans three years ago, and now look.

Enjoy it while it lasts, though.

We tried to send him back because he's gash, not because we can't afford him.

But aye, we are nevcer going to agree, and aye, I am enjoying it while it lasts :)
  • Options
    End of the day if Abramovich upped and walked away from chelsea they would be well and truly fucked.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    HMFC?

Her majesty's filthy cunt?
  • Options
    My point was, it's worked for them

The words you should have used there is "currently working for". If Roman gets bored with his little toy then they are not viable, just as they weren't before he arrived.
  • Options
    If Roman gets bored with his little toy then they are not viable, just as they weren't before he arrived.

The most important word there being 'if'. He's brought Chelsea success, if Romanov can do do the same for us, I see no reason for him to walk away.

No one can see itno the future. You can't definately say they will walk away, I can't definately say they won't.

I'm making the most of this, why shouldn't I? We finished second last season, won the Scottish Cup and are now 1 step closer to qualifying for the Champions League. I know we won't win it, we won't progress past the Group Stages if we make it that far. But that's not the point, the point is we'd be well and truly fucked if wasn't for Romanov. I don't agree with everything he does, but he's brought us seccess that 2 years ago we could only dream about.
  • Options
    The most important word there being 'if'. He's brought Chelsea success, if Romanov can do do the same for us, I see no reason for him to walk away.

No one can see itno the future. You can't definately say they will walk away, I can't definately say they won't.

I'm making the most of this, why shouldn't I? We finished second last season, won the Scottish Cup and are now 1 step closer to qualifying for the Champions League. I know we won't win it, we won't progress past the Group Stages if we make it that far. But that's not the point, the point is we'd be well and truly fucked if wasn't for Romanov. I don't agree with everything he does, but he's brought us seccess that 2 years ago we could only dream about.

Well exactly.

Truer words were never spoken. Fuck it if you're living on false promise. Romanov has brought better than any other cunt would.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    HMFC?

Her majesty's filthy cunt?

LOL I had to think about what it stood for.
  • Options
    The words you should have used there is "currently working for". If Roman gets bored with his little toy then they are not viable, just as they weren't before he arrived.
    Yeah but they've got Peter "We'll cover our costs in ten years" Kenyon running them don't forget.:lol:
  • Options
    I'm making the most of this, why shouldn't I?

Oh, absolutely, I totally agree.

Just don't piss everyone off on your way up, because it's a long way down again.
  • Options
    Oh, absolutely, I totally agree.

Just don't piss everyone off on your way up, because it's a long way down again.

I'm not, Bri knows this is just a bit of banter. We've always hated the Sheep and they've always hated us.