Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

sex clinic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my doctor has suggested i go to a sexual-psychosis clinic, has anyone ever been to one of these and do they help?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HIya
    I'm not sure what you mean - maybe you could explain a bit more and people may be able to help? I'm also going to move this thread to the sex forum as you might get more replies there.

If you mean a sexual health (or GUM) clinic, you may find this article useful. It answers people's most common worries and concerns about visiting a GUM clinic.
    its a psychosis clinic. basically a type of sex counselling

basically me and my boyfriend have a really hard time having sex because im in alot of pain, the doctor seems to think that this is due to some psychological thing i have which is causing me to become tense. making sex painful.

to me it makes abit of sense as the problems did start when i was in alot of pain from having thrush and bv, although these arent actually std's or anything they did occur round about the same time we started having sex so i may have subconsciencely linked the pain with sex causing myself to tense up.

i was just wondering if anyone else had been in this type of situation?

and im not a crazy psycho frigid sex hater either! promise!!:p
    Is it called vagimosis or something, where your vagina tightens up too much and against your will? I think if your brain has made a connection between sex and pain it should be able to umake the connection, or remake the connection between sex and pleasure. I'd say go for it- you aren't likely to end up in a worse position. It's also pretty common I should think and the sex therapists will have come across similar many times I'm sure. Hope it works out for you...
    x
    hey... this sounds very like what happens to my gf when we try to have sex... :chin:

good luck with the clinic, I'm sure it'll be fine