Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How Much Money Are You Spending On The Phone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was wondering what the average spend is on the phone bill for everyone for:

a. Mobile
b. Landlines

for me

a. Mobile is zero for the last 4 years running cos I always seem to get a phone with cashback, i.e. for example this year I pay £30 a month and get a certain amount of free calls and SMS messages included but then each quarter get back a cashback of £90 (i.e. zero)

b. Landline - probabaly zero too, because I either use the mobile or make free calls over the internet using a headset- only thing we do pay for is BT's line rental for the ADSL.

I think our total household landline bill is like £2 to £3 a month and that's only cos my dad don't kow how to use the PC or Mobile phone .. lol.

We call abroad quite a bit but again just make free calls using the mobile phone and a special access number which for some reason is free (if you call before 6pm) which since the places we call are like 3 and 5 hours ahead of us is almost always the case anyway.

So what about the rest of you?

Comments

• Options
    Mine is usually between £20-£30 a month.
  • Options
    My mobile bill is around £35 a month, but £30 of that is to pay my basic charge for my line rental, texting/calling/media message allowances, and for the phone they send me for 'free' of course :) I rarely use the landline, and if I do, it's to another ntl numbers, so depending on the time of day it's quite cheap, or free :)
  • Options
    Well my dad pays the landline phone which is a fixed price anyway.

I just bought a new moto so the credit will have to stretch for £5 a month. :blush:
  • Options
    i have absolutely noo idea what the phone bill is for our landline. im guessing not a lot though because we very rarely ring anyone on it.. at my dads' house anyway.

mobile wise, im on o2 and have a £30 a month contract - although last month i recieved a text from o2 saying there was unusual usage on my phone and needed to ring them. phoned up to find that that month id spent £70. dont know how i managed that tbh.. although i generally do tend to send rather long text messages so that might be why.
    my dad pays the bill for my phone so i dont know what o2 has done about my contract but i hope it has stayed at £30! i dont have a clue about these types of things..
  • Options
    Our landline is about £15 a month and the majority of that is line rental and all the other crap they like to pile on. My mobile is probably about £10 a week.
  • Options
    Actual calls not alot. I top my mobile up £10 a month and usually have money left on it. I get 300 free texts a month and that usually suits me just fine.
  • Options
    i've just changed my contract and the line rental is £30. i shouldn't go over that.

in the past i've paid one £215 bill and them bills ranging from £70-130. that used to be the average. then i got it down to £25-35.
  • Options
    £25 a month
  • Options
    I pay $80 a month for my cell and Ed pays for the landline.

Stupid T-mobile with their extra taxes and their outrageously overpriced plans.

Not to mention their coverage and customer service suck saggy boobs :grump:
  • Options
    About £9 per month landline and £25 per month mobile.

I never go over my free minutes or texts.
  • Options
    £20 for my mobile contract which enough texts/minutes at the monet, and my parents pay about £25 a quater for line rental and £18 a month for broadband.
  • Options
    I dont pay the land line... no one really uses it in our house anyway...

My mobile bill is normally around £50.
  • Options
    I'm on Virgin PAYG, and I spend about £10 a week on texts and calls, which is probably far too much.

Probably don't help that I only know like one person on the same network, but PAYG suits me down to the ground.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I'm on Virgin PAYG, and I spend about £10 a week on texts and calls, which is probably far too much.

Probably don't help that I only know like one person on the same network, but PAYG suits me down to the ground.

That's crazy!!

£40 a month !!

My friend is on Virgin PAYG and calls abroad on it sometimes :eek2:

I have a Virgin PAYG SIM as wella nd it's my only constant number - otherwise get a new contract phone every year.

If you're spending that much you'd be way better off on a contract!!

It still shocks me how much people are willing to spend on their phones ... £40 a month is £480 a year, to me that's an extra holiday abroad.
  • Options
    If you're spending that much you'd be way better off on a contract!!

:yes: It would probably work out quite a bit cheaper...
  • Options
    about £10 a month on my mobile if that. That's just texts. I only ever make short calls on my mobile if i have to.
  • Options
    Its 40 a month, Ive just had the amount of texts put up as *Someone* is making me go over my limit, but its alright because I get it half price or something, I just have to claim it back every few months from the Carphone Warehouse.
  • Options
    Our house phone bill is always sky high. Having a teenage sister ensures this. I pay £25 a month line rental for my mobile. I rarely go over this.
  • Options
    I spend about £30 a year on mobile credit.
    And I don't know how much I spend on the landline - parents pay for that. :p
  • Options
    I spend about £30 a year on mobile credit.

You'll make someone a good wife one day .. :thumb: