Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Couple of questions about CVs & job hunting

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Where would be the best places to look for a Saturday job? I've tried using www.thisisplymouth.co.uk but have had no luck so far.

For various reasons, I've ended up with alot of work exerpience (different types) and was wondering, when I come to write my CV (which I'm in the middle of doing now) do I write the names of all of the places I've done work experince? Or would I just write down a few?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Where would be the best places to look for a Saturday job? I've tried using www.thisisplymouth.co.uk but have had no luck so far.

For various reasons, I've ended up with alot of work exerpience (different types) and was wondering, when I come to write my CV (which I'm in the middle of doing now) do I write the names of all of the places I've done work experince? Or would I just write down a few?
    How old are you Sofie?

If your under 20 connexions can help you look for jobs. I reckon they are better than the job centre.

On your CV write all the jobs you have done & give a good description of what.
  • Options
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm 17.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm 17.
    Try your local connexions. There web site is here. Have a look because there might be a locate to your nearest one. Or if your at school, you should have a career advisor from connexions there.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Where would be the best places to look for a Saturday job?
    Just go into the shops, restaurants, or anywhere else you're interested in working with a CV prepared and ask them whether they have any jobs going. When I was doing this, at your age, I always got asked whether I had any experience (but I didn't actually have any). At this point say yes, and mention the experience you have that's most relevent to the job you expect they might want to fill, and ask them if you can hand them a CV. Get their phone number and the name of the person you talked to, and after about a week phone up the person doing the hiring, and ask them whether they've had a chance to look at your CV yet. It may seem a bit pushy, but you have to show them that you're keen and remind them you exist. Try not to phone them at a time you expect them to be busy.
    Sofie wrote:
    I'd say make sure you have a balancing act between the most recent and the most relevent. I reckon you should mention them all, but only pick a few to talk about in any sort of detail about your roles and responsibilities.
  • Options
    Did you visit conexions?
  • Options
    |Not yet. Was talking to my dad about this last night and he suggested going to the job centre or just looking on the Plymouth website.
  • Options
    The thing with connexions is that they specifically work with teenagers. JC is good too.
  • Options
    Generally with CVs you write the three most recent employers/work experience places. However, if you have a particularly impressive/relevant one, I'd stick that down.