Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

some questions for the galz on the board

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey hows this for an intro for a girl

me : do you have a plaster?
    girl: why?
    me: I scraped my knee falling for you....

oh heres another one

girl wants to sit down,
    me: let me wipe down a place for you to sit.
    *wipe my mouth*

Two very different approaches there! :lol:

To be honest a nice cheeky grin and saying hello would do for me.
    Girls actually scare me sometimes you know....
    I can't trust something that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die...
    just kidding...
    girls in general dont scare me but ones i like terrify me, i put em on pedastals tho, its a problem i have, put a woman on a pedastal in your mind and you will seem like a lowly worm to her perfection therefore will never be worthy of her
    I know what you mean shitehawke
    you can never get the one you want because your infatuation with them fucks up your rational thought....

I wouldnt mind having girl mates though.. not just 1 girlfriend...
    but I can't talk to girls..
    hey again people

I just got a few questions for the ladies on the board, if they could take some time to answer them I would really apreciate it.

1. Do all blokes have to get a 6 pack to get you to notice them?
    2. Do we have to be loaded for you to notice them?
    3. What should we talk about if we wanna get to know you?
    4. Do you care about minor problems such as limps, scars and such?
    5. Is it bad to swear in your presence? (I think I've got tourettes cause I cant say a sentence without swearing, I was talking to a teacher and said the F word twice and didn't realise:blush: )

Any other tips would be fine and would really be appreciated.

I know you guys get alot of threads like this but im really like :banghead: with women cause I feel inhuman cause all my mates have girls or girl mates and I have none. Dont get me wrong im a mans man but I dont wanna become a slaggy boy or an afeminate boy just to get girls.
    Be yourself. If they dont like you for who you are, bollocks to them.
    I cant say bollocks to a whole gender...
    ha ha, no that would be a bit rude, and cutting off your nose in spite of your face too.
    after reading most of this thread I have discovered getting a girl is very complicated....
    after reading most of this thread I have discovered getting a girl is very complicated....

Only if you're shy. And don't do what most boys keep on doing to me - they don't just say something along the lines of 'I fancy you'/'will you go out with me?' it's always something along the lines of 'will you have sex with me?'/'will you marry me?':rolleyes:
    nice to hear from you sofie...
    I am pretty shy for a number of reasons and have mentioned im wary of girls now in a previous thread.

I just feel kinda numb on the inside...
    me : do you have a plaster?
    girl: why?
    me: I scraped my knee falling for you....

That is beyond crap. However, there is a certain type of bloke that could probably pull that off (not the plaster..) with good delivery and a cheeky grin. If you'd consider yourself a novice then I'd steer clear of cheesy and/or rude chat up lines.

It's said time and time again but the one key thing is CONFIDENCE. Some of the least conventionally attractive (that's ugly to you and me) men I know are the most successful on the pull because they walk the very thin line between confidence and cockiness with perfect ease. Very charming. Obviously this doesn't help if you don't have that confidence, but as sophia said in one of the first replies, fake what you don't have. I would guess quite a few people's confidence comes from faking it and then actually genuinely gaining confidence as a result of the positive reactions to their projected confidence. It worked wonders for me in my younger, more shy years :)

As for your questions, well my answers have been pretty much covered but nontheless....

1. Do all blokes have to get a 6 pack to get you to notice them?

Not at all. Well not me personally, anyway, although I'd sharp notice a bloke with a six pack of cans ;) Some girls will like a six pack and therefore not like you; some girls would like a six pack if possible but like you regardless because of some other attribute or your sparkling wit and personality; and other girls will not give a fudge... or even dislike six-packs. We're a varied and diverse species, not one of us can answer for another on this kind of question.

2. Do we have to be loaded for you to notice them?

Of course not. You might see rich blokes with gorgeous girlfriends or a gaggle of beautiful women paying attention to him, but that's because you're fixated on the fact that he's off there being rich and successful in more ways than one. Take a look at all your Joe Average, minimum wage men who have girlfriends and are successful with women-folk. It might help you out in the eyes of some women; but would you really want money-based attention anyway? I'd guess not...

3. What should we talk about if we wanna get to know you?

Whatever interests you is the best way to start. People talking about something that genuinely inspires and fascinates them is a very attractive thing. Obviously don't babble on for half an hour about something without even checking how responsive and interested she's being, but talking about something you're knowledgeable and genuinely passionate about can never set you far wrong. Also, ask her about herself, try and pick up on things she says and let those things lead the conversation naturally. The things women like to discuss vary as much as whether they like muscles or not... I love a roaring debate, and nothing would get me interested in a man more than excellent debating skills. Some women I know would hate that, and run a mile telling everyone how boring and serious he was. It's all down to individuals.

4. Do you care about minor problems such as limps, scars and such?

No one worth their salt would care about this kind of thing if they genuinely liked a person. Personally I find scars really sexy; there's always a story behind them and I think it's pretty amazing to have the marks from your past on your body. I suppose if they were unsightly it would be slightly more of an issue, but again if you genuinely like the person then how could that matter enough to put you off?

5. Is it bad to swear in your presence? (I think I've got tourettes cause I cant say a sentence without swearing, I was talking to a teacher and said the F word twice and didn't realise :blush:)

I swear more than any bloke I know; so it'd be a bit hypocritical of me to be offended by a fella f-ing and blinding. I do notice that they tend not to do it though, despite knowing what a filthy mouth I have :D
    I guess all of you can tell ive got no confidence...
    otherwise I wouldnt be posting on a board this...

its just ive convinced myself girls ARE a different species and that they'll always pick the bloke who's one step away from an amoeba
    \
    its just ive convinced myself girls ARE a different species and that they'll always pick the bloke who's one step away from an amoeba

Insulting the taste and judgement of a woman/all women isn't a great move. Just because you see couples where the man has a wedge of cash in his pocket or a six pack or brandishing the keys to some fancy sports car - it doesn't mean that is the reason his girlfriend is with him. You [and other people who have seemingly figured the same] are the one projecting the importance onto all these - frankly, trivial - things and therefore more than likely scuppering your chances.

If you expect all women to be money-grabbing and appearance-obsessed then you have a very low opinion of us. That low opinion and the fact that you're resigned to rejection and essentially the scrap heap are your downfall; open your mind and take a few risks. Do you actually get out there talking to women (and really listen)? Because I think if you did you'd find that there are no two alike... and there's at least one out there who might be persuaded to touch it if you get the Moët in (I'm kidding!).

If perfectly toned bodies and flashy cars were what drew people to one another then I'd have never had a boyfriend... and none of my boyfriends would have ever had girlfriends. Seriously, it's all about the craic. Be open to every person you meet, tune your patter so you have everyone - male and female - hooked on your every word, smile, be positive, have a laugh. There's no rulebook for meeting people and being successful in relationships, but those things are a good start.
    forgive me for being a skeptic. These views have being embeded in my brain by various means.

My sister is a shallow ghetto queen or a chav (think of a cross between lisa and ashleyne from BB7) She's always going on about boys chatting her up and how buff they are. there all jobless potheads with skinny 6 packs and skinheads (just imagine a chav). My dad said to me once most girls are like your sister. thats when I got the first idea from.

The second Idea is that whenever I watch TV I see a program with celeb girls or teen girls and they always say the same "If a man wants talk to a girl like me then they have to have a great body, hair etc"
    Johnnyboy, I think you need to forget about landing yourself a girlfriend for the minute. Just try and make friends with some girls. You won't feel so pressured, so you'll actually be able to hold a conversation and you'll realise they're not an entirely different species.
    thanks again jack for your advice
    im just paranoid with girls because I always assume they think the worst of me. I also hate the fact that some girls run you buy their friends and bin you if you dont make the grade. I also hate that you have to win their approval.
    Im just wary of girls is all...

1. Do all blokes have to get a 6 pack to get you to notice them? well no but i do like a man wiv a 6 pack.
    2. Do we have to be loaded for you to notice them? No!
    3. What should we talk about if we wanna get to know you? umm... well it depends on the mood!
    4. Do you care about minor problems such as limps, scars and such? No .. mi bf has a scar on his nose and a scar on his head from when he was a little boy and they dnt bother me at all.
    5. Is it bad to swear in your presence? well to be honest i dnt mind as long as is not every word bein a swear word.

Hope tht helps!!
    I also hate the fact that some girls run you buy their friends and bin you if you dont make the grade. I also hate that you have to win their approval.
    None of the ones worth having do this.
    \
    what stupid questions.
    I think you need to work on your confidence before you try landing a girl.

It sounds like a military operation the way your going on, it doesn't need to be that complicated.
    what stupid questions.

dont like em?
    tough shit.
    like it or lump it.
    LacyMay wrote:
    I think you need to work on your confidence before you try landing a girl.

It sounds like a military operation the way your going on, it doesn't need to be that complicated.
    brilliance!
    yeah your right, I just need to prioritise.
    I dunno how to work on my confidence though but ill figure somthing out I guess.
    Bitter but true. If your the guy a girl goes to to talk about her problems, your never seeing her naked. If your the guy a girl goes to to forget about her problems and have fun instead, then you will.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that. I ended up falling for a guy who is actually my best friend and one of the first people who I turn to if everything is going wrong in my life and I need a sympathetic ear. The thing is, he also makes me forget about my problems, I suppose you're just lucky if you are that guy who can be both for a girl.
    Oh though I didn't mention that he didn't feel the same way :grump: so I suppose it can be crap for the girl if the guy associates her with blubbing and off-loading of problems as well as with fun.
    I'm leaving it all up to fate ...
    1. Do all blokes have to get a 6 pack to get you to notice them? Definitely not. It's like saying to the blokes "Does a woman have to have a DD+ cleavage for you to notice them?" so long as he doesn't have a huge potbelly then I'm happy.
    2. Do we have to be loaded for you to notice them? Nope, just don't dress like a total tramp.
    3. What should we talk about if we wanna get to know you? If you're talking to me, tell me what interests you (films, books and music are my favourite topics) and ask me what I'm passionate about. Geek out about things if you want, don't assume I don't like something until you've asked me. Just because a girl can look like Reese Witherspoons' character in Legally Blonde does not mean she has the brain of a Barbie. Ask me about films, video games, books, music, philosophy, politics. Really, we're not that different from you lot.
    4. Do you care about minor problems such as limps, scars and such? No.
    5. Is it bad to swear in your presence? Nope, I don't mind the odd word as I probably would in front of you, though I wouldn't say f*ck, I'm more likely to say b*gger!
    I find it very hard to believe we can talk about anyhting and get a warm reception.

for example if I said "hey did you see the bit in evil dead when ash shot that zombie in the face and the brains splattered over the wall? that was fucking brilliant!" to a girl what would they say?
    I find it very hard to believe we can talk about anyhting and get a warm reception.

for example if I said "hey did you see the bit in evil dead when ash shot that zombie in the face and the brains splattered over the wall? that was fucking brilliant!" to a girl what would they say?

It depends - some girls like that type of film and other don't. I personally don't.
    If you said it out of the blue, then she'd think you we're wierd. If you'd been talking to something that related to that particular film, then what would the problem be? Of course if she wasn't interested in zombie films, then the chances of you getting into a situation where you could mention it would be fairly slim.
    \