Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

some questions for the galz on the board

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Won't she just be pissed you keep changing the subject

Personally, I wouldn't be that pissed if you kept changing the subject. It's nice to talk about different things. And it does get boring talking about the same thing for hours.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Not really. I think a friend of mine is sweet (he said the same thing for a different reason as well) and it's not a bad thing. Why do you think that anyway?

I don't wanna be the 'nice guy' who just has to hear about her boyfriend being an arsehole and how more men could be like me (total patronisation if you ask me)
  • Options
    Only if she's used to you being the guy that she usually talks about this stuff with. The trick is to not become this guy in the first place. I assume you've heard of the friend zone?

From reading most of your posts, Indeed I have.
    I get the idea that you practice this in real life but have you perfected it?
  • Options
    1. Do all blokes have to get a 6 pack to get you to notice them? no!
    2. Do we have to be loaded for you to notice them? no!
    3. What should we talk about if we wanna get to know you? anything in moderation! ask how we are, ask how day has been etc
    4. Do you care about minor problems such as limps, scars and such? nope
    5. Is it bad to swear in your presence? (I think I've got tourettes cause I cant say a sentence without swearing, I was talking to a teacher and said the F word twice and didn't realise ) again, swearing in moderation isnt bad - but if you were to swear constantly in eevery sentence then yeah, i might get a bit annoyed
  • Options
    ask about everything BUT your lovelife
    I get the idea thats where the friendship trap is....
  • Options

1. Do all blokes have to get a 6 pack to get you to notice them?
    2. Do we have to be loaded for you to notice them?
    3. What should we talk about if we wanna get to know you?
    4. Do you care about minor problems such as limps, scars and such?
    5. Is it bad to swear in your presence? (I think I've got tourettes cause I cant say a sentence without swearing, I was talking to a teacher and said the F word twice and didn't realise:blush: )

1. No
    2. No - but then i'm not really gonna be drawn to a bloke wearing a sack and a bit of string either.
    3. General shit. As long as it's not to do with babies, marriage or love it's all good.
    4. No. Not sure i could get with quasimodo though.
    5. Nay. Swearing is good.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    1. No
    2. No - but then i'm not really gonna be drawn to a bloke wearing a sack and a bit of string either.
    3. General shit. As long as it's not to do with babies, marriage or love it's all good.
    4. No. Not sure i could get with quasimodo though.
    5. Nay. Swearing is good.

LOL
  • Options
    I get the idea that you practice this in real life but have you perfected it?
    I haven't perfected anything. But in the past, I have ended up getting into the friend zone with girls I would've liked to have had more with. The first stage is identifying what you're doing wrong. But I'd say nowadays I'm far better at positioning myself as a potential boyfriend. Of course it can't always work, because there's any number of reasons that a girl won't see you as boyfriend material, but it's better not to give them one more.

I reckon you can get away with asking her about her love life (though sex life is probably a better subject) just don't dwell on it too much and treat it in a light-hearted way rather than having a really serious discussion about it.
  • Options
    I haven't perfected anything. But in the past, I have ended up getting into the friend zone with girls I would've liked to have had more with. The first stage is identifying what you're doing wrong. But I'd say nowadays I'm far better at positioning myself as a potential boyfriend. Of course it can't always work, because there's any number of reasons that a girl won't see you as boyfriend material, but it's better not to give them one more.

I reckon you can get away with asking her about her love life (though sex life is probably a better subject) just don't dwell on it too much and treat it in a light-hearted way rather than having a really serious discussion about it.

I see what you mean, but only ask her about her sex life if you know her well enough however. Heres a good question: If a girl says to you "oh my boyfriends treating me badly" you should give an hour long speech on how super she is and how hes just a prick. what should you do?
  • Options
    I see what you mean, but only ask her about her sex life if you know her well enough however. Heres a good question: If a girl says to you "oh my boyfriends treating me badly" you should give an hour long speech on how super she is and how hes just a prick. what should you do?

And how likely is a woman to talk to someone (other than her partner) about her sex life? I certainly wouldn't...
  • Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is what girl friends say to other girls. If a bloke gave me a speech like that i'd cringe.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    And how likely is a woman to talk to someone (other than her partner) about her sex life? I certainly wouldn't...

T.B.H, I wouldn't ask because she will either clock you one for your rudeness or just flat out ignore you so you dont get a friend or a potential partner.

Im just respectful and i cringe as i say this.... nice....

but I get the feeling that thats not enough cause the age old saying of "nice guys finish last"
  • Options
    T.B.H, I wouldn't ask because she will either clock you one for your rudeness or just flat out ignore you so you dont get a friend or a potential partner.

Very true. I'd probably clock you for asking me such questions.:p
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That is what girl friends say to other girls. If a bloke gave me a speech like that i'd cringe.

Relax, it was only an example but thats what I don't wanna be...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Very true. I'd probably clock you for asking me such questions.:p

and I'd let you...
    it wouldnt get you anywhere. if anything you get the rep of a pervert
  • Options
    Relax, it was only an example but thats what I don't wanna be...

I was trying to stop you making the biggest mistake of your life :p

And nice guys don't finish last. Boring ones do.
  • Options
    is a boring guy a guy who just does what he says hes gonna go do ie, he says he'll ring you at 7 and he rings you 7 on the dot?

J.F.T.R, I would never give a girl an hour speech on how super she is because she will either be freaked out or assume your gay and her boyfriend will beat the shit out of you....
  • Options
    is a boring guy a guy who just does what he says hes gonna go do ie, he says he'll ring you at 7 and he rings you 7 on the dot

Depending on the guy it can be sweet. Other times not.

You can't really say that a certain group won't get the girl. Different for everyone.
  • Options
    is a boring guy a guy who just does what he says hes gonna go do ie, he says he'll ring you at 7 and he rings you 7 on the dot?

J.F.T.R, I would never give a girl an hour speech on how super she is because she will either be freaked out or assume your gay and her boyfriend will beat the shit out of you....

It;s not possible to define a 'boring' guy though. What I may find interesting, some girls may find boring and vice versa.
  • Options
    I see...

is it bad for a guy to be nice? in peoples opinion because there are enough arseholes in the world
  • Options
    Well, I wouldn't go out with someone who was really mean.
  • Options
    obviously not, who would?
    but women always pick the bloke who mistreats them and they just think "oh I can tame him" all the while they just say "why cant I find a nice guy?"

trouble is, most women dont want nice guys.

but im thinking what about considerate guys?
  • Options
    I'd prefer a considerate guy. But I think most girls will find that nice guys can be boring.
  • Options
    obviously not, who would?
    but women always pick the bloke who mistreats them and they just think "oh I can tame him" all the while they just say "why cant I find a nice guy?"

trouble is, most women dont want nice guys.

but im thinking what about considerate guys?

When you have the capability to read the mind of every woman you can say that.

If your too nice, it can be boring. Not always but sometimes.

And women don't always pick a bloke that mistreats them.
  • Options
    I can see why...
    they do everything they say there gonna do, they bend over backwards to make girls happy even go right out of there way.

thing is they always do it then they become predictable and boring
    am I right?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

I can't read minds but I know the saying "majority rules"
    Most of the time they will just bin the nice guy and pick the other guy.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

I agree with all of that :yes:

I would usually go for a good 'all rounder' e.g. a guy who is sweet and caring but has a naughty side. The main things that would put me off someone are things you didnt even mention like lack of direction/motivation.

For me its the boring guys that finish last not the 'nice' ones, someone can be nice and sweet in general but still have an adventurous fun side.
  • Options
    I can't read minds but I know the saying "majority rules"
    Most of the time they will just bin the nice guy and pick the other guy.

It totally depends, if the 'nice' guy is boring and doesnt make me enjoy spending time with him (if i dont have fun with him) then hell yeah he'd be binned, I'm pretty sure that is also true of men 'binning' women too.
  • Options
    thats fair and true for both sides.
    how can you keep a girl entertained and interested?
    ive got some ideas but some more wouldnt hurt
    I got another question: would a guys interest (Ill use me as an example)
    affect his chances with a girl? ie reading manga, watching violent films watching anime.
  • Options
    thats fair and true for both sides.
    how can you keep a girl entertained and interested?
    ive got some ideas but some more wouldnt hurt
    I got another question: would a guys interest (Ill use me as an example)
    affect his chances with a girl? ie reading manga, watching violent films watching anime.

If you laughed like a maniac during it then yes, it'd put me off.