Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stupid moodiness making me paranoid...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, me and my boyfriend have a really brilliant relationship, and I shouldn't complain about it. When I'm feeling rational, I know that overall it's one of the best things that have ever happened to me and despite a few little problems (which we overcome pretty well) then its 98% all fine and dandy.

But he went on holiday for a couple of weeks and I'm generally feeling very uneasy about us. I know it's just because I missed him and I'm scared of missing him when he goes to Uni in September (I have a gap year before i go), and I'm turning them into problems in my head, when thinking about it properly, they are hardly problems at all.

Like, for example, the other night it was convenient for him to stay over mine but he didn't want to because he doesn't sleep well in my bed. To be perfectly fair, that's the same with me - we're not used to sleeping in the same bed, and you never sleep so well anywhere but your own bed. But I took it really personally, and felt really insulted by it. He also needs to catch up on sleep from his holiday, and here I am, just making a massive deal out of it (mostly in my head).

Does anyone have any advice on how I can just calm down? I don't want to take stuff out on him, but then I don't want to on anyone else either... grr.

Thank you.

Oh, also, I'm going away for a couple of weeks on Friday, and I want everything to be ok before I go - I'm sorta trying to fit in seeing him a lot this week before I go, which may not help and add too much fixation on to us. I don't know.

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean.

Sounds pretty weird, but I've deffo learned that it does take time for the other person to settle back in after they've been away on holiday. It's hard cause you do really miss properly talking to the other person when they've been away and you're dead excited about speaking to them (and they are too) but more often than not they are dead tired and stuff, and probably just want to chill for a bit and settle back in slowly.

When the other person goes away, you really do think about them loads and like you say sometimes you create problems in your mind that aren't really issues.

If it's been a week or so since he came back, then things should be starting to get back to normal. Any more than that then I'd advise you try and talk about it to him.
  • Options
    Thank you :) That sounds very right. He's been home less than a week and all my friends are away as well (I was supposed to be with them) so it's difficult. But thank you so much, now I can tell him comprehensibly why I've been acting so silly, as opposed to 'well, you know, it's like BLEH'.