Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

20 pound jobs

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jim V wrote:
    But I don't think that's any reason to assume TheSoverign is able to do full time work either, especially without asking find out.

Edited - In fact yeah, OK, so I assumed. And I'm going get some major flak for what I'm about to say... but I speak to people all day every day who live on IS and a lot of them are people who have left their countries to come and live in the UK. And it pisses me off that they get the same benefits as my Dad who, at 59 years old, has worked since he was 15 and paid all of his taxes in this country.

So I'll assume all I like about what The Sovereign said, to me what he wrote appeared to be more about working to earn money and keep his benefits, not about finding a job that he is able to do with the difficutlies he has by being on IS anyway.

Anyway, I could say tonnes more about benefits that isn't related to this thread cause it winds me up no end. But I'll leave it here.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    But I don't think that's any reason to assume TheSoverign is able to do full time work either, especially without asking find out.

but if he was to do that, wouldn't he get more than £20 a week?
  • Options
    ok i claim severe disability allowence but it's for mental illness. i get 113pounds a week on income support which has to pay rent. sooner things will be even harder when i get out of my supported lodgings and have to buy my own food.

I also get disability living allowence at 58 pound a week.

But i'd say that anyone claiming any mental illness related benefit is wimpy people who gain nothing in life.

to answer the question no i'm not cheating the system, i'm within the rules, and looking to increase where possible any money i have available.
  • Options
    ok i claim severe disability allowence but it's for mental illness. i get 113pounds a week on income support which has to pay rent. sooner things will be even harder when i get out of my supported lodgings and have to buy my own food.

I also get disability living allowence at 58 pound a week.

But i'd say that anyone claiming any mental illness related benefit is wimpy people who gain nothing in life.

to answer the question no i'm not cheating the system, i'm within the rules, and looking to increase where possible any money i have available.
    And why shouldnt you, £113 is not enougth.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit

And there is nothing wrong with that mate. :thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    some of the replys in this thread are discusting :no:

you lot can be judgemental cunts at times
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    My local job centre is full of immigrants, piss heads & drug addicts, that give me the impression they dont want to work. One even told me I should tell the JC that I am depressed so I never have to work again.

There are some genuine needed causes but they can sometimes get mixed up in the stereotype of people who dont wont to work. I would be bored not working.

Do you think people with alcohol or drug problems are capable of working? As for the casual racism...pffft. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know all about the benefits system Blagsta, my Dad paid fucking taxes for 40 years and then when he fell ill from working so hard, they paid him fucking £54 quid a week to live on. I'm more than passionate about the shit pay people on benefits get. But in my line of work, 80% of the people I deal with on benefits are more than fucking able to work - my Dad isn't.

What is your line of work?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Do you think people with alcohol or drug problems are capable of working? As for the casual racism...pffft. :rolleyes:
    There's alcoholics & then there are lay abouts that dont want to work but just sit around all day & drink & do drugs for the sake of it.

It may seem racist & I couldn't care. If you come over to this country make sure you can provide for yourselves. I wish this country was more like Australia.
  • Options
    I speak to people all day every day who live on IS and a lot of them are people who have left their countries to come and live in the UK. And it pisses me off that they get the same benefits as my Dad who, at 59 years old, has worked since he was 15 and paid all of his taxes in this country.

Big deal.

You work your a debt collection agency so your employers- none of whom give a fuck about credit laws- would say that.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Big deal.

You work your a debt collection agency so your employers- none of whom give a fuck about credit laws- would say that.

My employers don't say anything like that. I deal with correspondence everyday from people who owe money who have to prove how much they earn - THAT is how I know.
  • Options
    My employers don't say anything like that. I deal with correspondence everyday from people who owe money who have to prove how much they earn - THAT is how I know.

Still a debt collection agency, and they are all liars and thieves.

*shrug*
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Still a debt collection agency, and they are all liars and thieves.

*shrug*

Fair enough, that's your opinion... and the same one I would probably have if I didn't work for one myself. :thumb:
  • Options
    The boss works for a debt counselling service, and she tells me about all the lies and half-truths debt collection agencies come out with in order to screw people over.

He says working as a conveyancer for a big law firm...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The boss works for a debt counselling service, and she tells me about all the lies and half-truths debt collection agencies come out with in order to screw people over.

He says working as a conveyancer for a big law firm...

I've worked for both a debt management/counselling company, and a debt recovery company. I have a worse opinion of debt management companies.

BUT - I think the problem with debt collection agencies is the staff. Some collectors bully people into paying and clearly it's those people giving debt collections agencies a bad name.

Personally, I am a kind and understanding collector unless someone swears at me. ;)
  • Options
    Some of the comments in this thread sadden me. It is wrong to jump to conclusions about someone based solely on a single thread or post - and some of the people who made the comments have shocked me.

I'm going to leave it at that.
  • Options
    Some of the comments in this thread sadden me. It is wrong to jump to conclusions about someone based solely on a single thread or post - and some of the people who made the comments have shocked me.

I'm going to leave it at that.

Oh come on. You know what really gets me is posts like this, that always appear to claim the moral high ground, as if thee has never said a word out of place before.

This isn't fluffy bunny nicey nicey marshmallow world where everyone is friends with Joey the jolly jester, it's the real world, where people say what they think.

Some of it may be harsh, annoying, out of place, clever, witty or serious, but it's all what people think, and I'm surprised when folk expect stuff here to be censored.
  • Options
    unfortunately i have got to the point where i always look badly upon benefit claimers until i know otherwise. I personally think that with the amount of people on IS in this country is a joke! people get it for all sorts these days.

Having heard the original posters reason for being on it i apologise for being a tad harsh, but i'd say it again not knowing the circumstances im afraid.

theres too many people out there who just dont want to work, anyone who's willing to work could have a job, it might not be the most fulfilling work but there are jobs out there.

as for the comments on single mothers meh...still should work some of the time, my sister and my bros gf both worked through the majority of their pregnancies and went back to work part time after a break after, putting the child in a nursery dont see why more people cant do this....

if you cant afford to raise a child, you shouldnt have got in that situation in the first place if you ask me!

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST MY OPINION
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    as for the comments on single mothers meh...still should work some of the time, my sister and my bros gf both worked through the majority of their pregnancies and went back to work part time after a break after, putting the child in a nursery dont see why more people cant do this....

It costs ridiculous amounts of money to put kids in nurseries. I doubt I could afford it on a good full-time wage.
    koe_182 wrote:
    if you cant afford to raise a child, you shouldnt have got in that situation in the first place if you ask me!

True.
  • Options
    I've worked for both a debt management/counselling company, and a debt recovery company. I have a worse opinion of debt management companies.

BUT - I think the problem with debt collection agencies is the staff. Some collectors bully people into paying and clearly it's those people giving debt collections agencies a bad name.

Personally, I am a kind and understanding collector unless someone swears at me. ;)
    Whats the age requirement for debt collecting? I heard once it was 25+.
  • Options

Not always - there are some people who have genuine mental problems and can't work. (and yes, I live with someone like that)
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    There's alcoholics & then there are lay abouts that dont want to work but just sit around all day & drink & do drugs for the sake of it.

Someone who only wants to sit around all day and drink and do drugs is someone with a drink or drug problem you numpty.
    HIT wrote:
    It may seem racist & I couldn't care. If you come over to this country make sure you can provide for yourselves. I wish this country was more like Australia.

What, even more racist? Nice.
  • Options

So you work for a debt collection agency, yet know "all about the benefits system"?

*sceptical face*
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Oh come on. You know what really gets me is posts like this, that always appear to claim the moral high ground, as if thee has never said a word out of place before.

This isn't fluffy bunny nicey nicey marshmallow world where everyone is friends with Joey the jolly jester, it's the real world, where people say what they think.

Some of it may be harsh, annoying, out of place, clever, witty or serious, but it's all what people think, and I'm surprised when folk expect stuff here to be censored.

I wouldn't want people to be censored. It's always good to see who are the small minded judgemental arseholes.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Someone who only wants to sit around all day and drink and do drugs is someone with a drink or drug problem you numpty.

What, even more racist? Nice.
    Or they are lay abouts that dont want to work. So everyone who doesn't want to work & sit around all day drinking shouldn't have to?

And please define racism for me. I cant see how me saying how immigrants claiming on the benefit system is racist. They are immigrants, they dont speak a word of English.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    unfortunately i have got to the point where i always look badly upon benefit claimers until i know otherwise. I personally think that with the amount of people on IS in this country is a joke! people get it for all sorts these days.

Like what? Examples? And how do you know?
    koe_182 wrote:
    Having heard the original posters reason for being on it i apologise for being a tad harsh, but i'd say it again not knowing the circumstances im afraid.

So despite having come off looking silly and having to apologies, you'd still want to look silly again in the future?
    koe_182 wrote:
    theres too many people out there who just dont want to work, anyone who's willing to work could have a job, it might not be the most fulfilling work but there are jobs out there.

How do you know? Personally I would say that if someone isn't working, there are more often than not issues there. Whether physical health, mental heath, emotional problems, educational problems, drink or drug problems or plain old alienation. I have formed this opnion after working as an education & employment worker for 3 years.
    koe_182 wrote:

Its not good for the child to be in a nursery so early for a start. Why should people have to potentially damage their children because of economic circumstance? It's not right.
    koe_182 wrote:

Errr...hello? Earth calling koe_182! Do you actually know any human beings? We humans are a fairly complex bunch, we have fairly strong drives to reproduce and form pair bonds, drives that do not submit to rational analysis. Also people do not always plan on kids, sometimes these things just happen. Anyway, why should it only be the well off who get to reproduce?
    koe_182 wrote:
    PLEASE NOTE THIS IS JUST MY OPINION

I've never got why people put this at the end of posts. :confused: Of course it's your opinion, who elses is it gonna be? You should still be prepared to defend it though, otherwise what's the point in posting it?
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Or they are lay abouts that dont want to work. So everyone who doesn't want to work & sit around all day drinking shouldn't have to?

I don't think you quite understand what having a drinking problem is. Someone who only wants to sit around drinking all day quite clearly has problems.
    HIT wrote:
    And please define racism for me. I cant see how me saying how immigrants claiming on the benefit system is racist. They are immigrants, they dont speak a word of English.

It was your assumption that immigrants don't want to work. In fact, immigrants tend to be the most hard working. They tend to be the ones who drive the cabs, own the 24 hour stores, clean the offices etc.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I don't think you quite understand what having a drinking problem is. Someone who only wants to sit around drinking all day quite clearly has problems.

It was your assumption that immigrants don't want to work. In fact, immigrants tend to be the most hard working. They tend to be the ones who drive the cabs, own the 24 hour stores, clean the offices etc.
    Well you have a point. I was kind of stereotyping alcoholics which was pretty lame of me. But the crowd I meant & have spoken to basically say they dont want to work, they just want to sit around drinking all day, not necessarily alcoholics though.

I wasn't assuming immigrants dont work. I could have said the JC is full of OAP but that doesn't mean its targeted for the whole OAP population. Yes as with most people, immigrants have jobs (usually extremely cheap labour) but you must realise that alot of immigrants come to this country solely to ponce of the government.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    Well you have a point. I was kind of stereotyping alcoholics which was pretty lame of me. But the crowd I meant & have spoken to basically say they dont want to work, they just want to sit around drinking all day, not necessarily alcoholics though.

Don't get so hung up on the term "alcoholic". If someone only wants to sit around drinking all day then they have a drink problem. People who have drink or drug problems have underlying emotional problems that they are using drink or drugs to deal with.
    HIT wrote:
    I wasn't assuming immigrants dont work. I could have said the JC is full of OAP but that doesn't mean its targeted for the whole OAP population. Yes as with most people, immigrants have jobs (usually extremely cheap labour) but you must realise that alot of immigrants come to this country solely to ponce of the government.

I'm just wondering how you know this? Our benefits system isn't exactly generous y'know. It's far better in other European countries.