Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does the nerd ever get the girl?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wonder if there are that many socially inept 'nerdy' if you will, girls out there?

Its probably because girls are so social that they probably avoid being like the sterotypical-male-loner-geek. Or am I totally wrong here?
  • Options
    I wonder if there are that many socially inept 'nerdy' if you will, girls out there?

Its probably because girls are so social that they probably avoid being like the sterotypical-male-loner-geek. Or am I totally wrong here?
    Oh there totally are. But I don't think they have the same problems as the blokes do with the opposite sex, because the onus is generally on the guy to make the first move, and men don't tend to be put off by girls being shy (in fact, a lot like it). But yeah I'd say there are plenty of girls out there who like their own space and are slightly less social.
  • Options
    Oh there totally are. But I don't think they have the same problems as the blokes do with the opposite sex, because the onus is generally on the guy to make the first move, and men don't tend to be put off by girls being shy (in fact, a lot like it). But yeah I'd say there are plenty of girls out there who like their own space and are slightly less social.

This isn't 1958. The onus isn't on men anymore to go after the woman.

And girls do have the same problems as blokes.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    This isn't 1958. The onus isn't on men anymore to go after the woman.
    Can't say I know many girls that have even so much as asked a guy out themselves. It may be changing, but it's still there, and we're still normally expected to make the first move.
  • Options
    Can't say I know many girls that have even so much as asked a guy out themselves. It may be changing, but it's still there, and we're still normally expected to make the first move.

From what i gather in this thread you don't know many girls full stop!

I've asked loads of people out, my friends have, i know their friends have etc etc. Must just be your mates.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Must just be your mates.
    Must be then.
  • Options
    i heard somewhere that people who call other people nerds/geeks only say it coz they think the person in they are calling is brighter than them.

i used to get called a geek at school then i stopped caring what they though and it stopped, im the only one out of my mates to go to uni, they joke around and call me a geek but i just laugh it off.

being a nerd shouldnt stop you from gettin a girl, but confidence however could.
  • Options
    its confidence, start by meeting girls and getting a bigger circle of mates. then a girl will be wowed by the size of your hard dic... shit ehh..disk. then the chicks will fancy you and there you go you'll have two chicks fighting to suck you off while you get to the next stage of WoW

confidence man, without it...you'll be lost...also try and be funny; chicks dig funny guys
  • Options
    I often fancy nerds :p
  • Options
    Fairy wrote:
    I often fancy nerds :p

I've fancied one...he was extrmely odd.