Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shall I forgive him? :(

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    as long as he doesnt expect it to go back to normal and act all surprised and pissed off when you dont trust him properly for a good long while.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, yes, it really is up to you. I would also say you should take a couple of weeks totally apart for you to clear you head a little and try see if you want to forgive him without him crying at you.

This must be so so so hard and I wish you all the best. If it were me, I think I'd be inclined to forgive him eventually, and make some big changes and make him know that he has to change because there must have been something wrong in the first place.

Since it is out of character and the relationship was so good before, I think that something so precious deserves a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone is stupid at some point or another, some more stupid than others. Definitely cut off the 'friend' he did it with.

Also, regarding the arrogant way he approached it - yes, he is desperate. But he's probably just crap at phrasing what he means. He's desperate for a second chance, he'll say anything.

I would say to clear your head, listen to advice from everyone and take comfort in the fact that they're there for you no matter what, but ultimately you have to decide - is he worth it?