Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bloody, bloody boss!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really need to rant, so I'm sorry if this is boring. I don't particularly need advice... I'm just irritated.

Before I went on holiday, TWO WEEKS beforehand, I kept texting my boss and asking how many days holiday I had earnt. I explained that I had bills going out within the week I got back, and I needed to know so I could save money beforehand.

Now I KNOW she goes into the main office (where incidentally, my holidays are worked out!) once a day EVERY DAY. She has to. Otherwise she doesn't get paid.

Finally, I recived a text dated 9am on the 29th of June. I was actually on holiday then, or at least on the plane. She claimed I had one day holiday as she had 'kindly' rounded it up and I would earn the rest of it when I got back, and I would be paid for the day with the rest of my money from the previous two weeks on the 7th of July.

On the 7th of July, I called my mum (from my bloody holiday) and asked her to open my wage slip. I had been paid for 2 days holiday.

I figured she'd rounded it up wrong, or read the data wrong or something, and let it go.

But now, I have recieved my next pay slip, for the last two weeks of my holiday, and I have been paid for another full week! Obviously, this doesn't BOTHER me, but why did she lie? That's 7 days holiday in total, no way can she have read that wrong.

It just annoys me, because if I'd have known I was getting that money,, I could of spent a little more of the money I had before my holiday, and on my boyfriends 18th birthday, rather than forcing myself onto a budget.

OOoooohhhh I'm just so annoyed, i hate liars, and she's a crap boss anyway. I'm working overtime for the next two weeks and I bet I don't get paid for that now, because she'll 'forget'.

Grr. Sorry for the rant :blush:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Be grateful for the mistake, she could always have not paid you holiday at all if you hadnt earnt a full days worth
    I had though. I'd earnt 7, because I've been paid for them (She doesn't control my pay or what I'm paid for or what I'm not, there be higher powers than her... my pay is controlled overall in Leek somewhere).

She just didn't check the computer. I knew I should of had more than one day from working since February, but since our bank holidays are taken out of it I couldn't be bothered to work it out. I'm grateful for the money but why lie? She just didn't go and check at a guess. Grrr...
    At least you got some money you werent expecting now.
    True :) She's just a blithering idiot. It's taken her 3 weeks to call into the office to pick up our supplies as well. If they haven't arrived today, I might as well go home....

I did go out and buy a goldfish with the money though :D