Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

even better than aladdins thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do those of you who think israel's methods are okay, i have 3 questions, they are:
1. do you actually think there was a hope in hell of them ever working? ie destroying every civilian infrastructure in sight.

2. don't you think destroying civilian homes etc in the meantime and turning their country into rubble will actually get hezbollah more recruits

3. do you not see hamas and hezbollah want you to sink to their level.......

Comments

• Options
    do those of you who think israel's methods are okay, i have 3 questions, they are:
    1. do you actually think there was a hope in hell of them ever working? ie destroying every civilian infrastructure in sight.

2. don't you think destroying civilian homes etc in the meantime and turning their country into rubble will actually get hezbollah more recruits

Why rather than start yet another thread on this, don't you just put it into Aladdins?
  • Options

your questions are a waste of time.
    meaningless.
    the israelis are happy to have terror groups around them.
    it's a sure sign that they are suceeding in keeping their nieghbours weak and feable and disorganised.
    the last thing israel wants are prosperous ...powerful nieghbours.
    death chaos and desperation is what they sow for good reason.
    so long as these people are on their knees all is well in the eyes of the zionists.
  • Options
    your questions are a waste of time.
    meaningless.
    the israelis are happy to have terror groups around them.
    it's a sure sign that they are suceeding in keeping their nieghbours weak and feable and disorganised.
    the last thing israel wants are prosperous ...powerful nieghbours.
    death chaos and desperation is what they sow for good reason.
    so long as these people are on their knees all is well in the eyes of the zionists.

Well, that is largely due to their neighbours' demanding the annihilation of the state of Israel off the face of the map. For instance, what sort of 'political settlement' do your forsee Hezbollah agreeing to? If they truly had democratic, peaceful neighbours, in spite of their religious differences, then destability would not be neccessary. Destability in that sort of environment has been a military tactic for centuries. I am sure Israel would far prefer stable, peaceful neighbours.

Having said that, the Palestinian problem is the main thorn in the side to peace but Israel does not really have anyone to negotiate a peaceful settlement with while the likes of Hamas fuel the flames.

Israel's heavy-handedness is appalling but to reason that Israel wants to live permanently in a state of war is misguided.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    Israel's heavy-handedness is appalling but to reason that Israel wants to live permanently in a state of war is misguided.
    the only peace possible is one forced on israels terms ...israels decided and illegal borders.
    the best arable land the orchards the water etc etc ...belonging to israel.
    the palestinians have as nieghbours very agressive thieves who make many demands through threats and violence. why should other countries bow down to what israel want?
    if israel actualy gave back land that isn't theiurs then maybe so many of their nieghbours would not be demanding their destruction.
    why should a different culture give up what it wants for the sake of what israel demands?
    i believe the proof of israel not wanting prosperous and therefore powerful nieghbours on their borders is all to obvious.
    get this ...more and more of the worlds population are coming round to the view that maybe israel should be driven into the sea ...who's fault is that?
  • Options
    ...more and more of the worlds population are coming round to the view that maybe israel should be driven into the sea ...who's fault is that?

I don't believe that more and more people do want to see Israel driven into the sea - unless you are talking about more and more Islamic countries. More and more people realise that a lack of peace in the area is having dire consequences on their own economies and security which is why they would like to see the US put pressure on the Israelis but none speak of the dissolution of the state of Israel.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    I none speak of the dissolution of the state of Israel.
    in case they inncur the wrath of the great satan?
  • Options
    in case they inncur the wrath of the great satan?

Like China? Or Russia? Or Canada? Or Europe for that matter?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    I don't believe that more and more people do want to see Israel driven into the sea - unless you are talking about more and more Islamic countries. More and more people realise that a lack of peace in the area is having dire consequences on their own economies and security which is why they would like to see the US put pressure on the Israelis but none speak of the dissolution of the state of Israel.

Do you not see that much (but not all) of the regional instability would be solved by the dissalution of Israel?

I'm not saying that I support this just that its very easy to see that point of view.
  • Options
    To be honest I thought genocide of Jews had died out as a mainstream policy in 1945.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    To be honest I thought genocide of Jews had died out as a mainstream policy in 1945.

Only in Europe and the US.

(Please don't think i'm anti semitic though)
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote:
    Do you not see that much (but not all) of the regional instability would be solved by the dissalution of Israel?

And much of the WORLD instability would be removed by the dissolution of the US ... there are some people that may even consider that the UK is a threat to world peace. Thinking along the lines of the dissolution of Israel is just idle thinking ... they are there and have a right to be there.

As appalling as Israel's actions are at the moment, when you are a small country (6,276,883 people) and your near neighbours, Syria (18,448,752 people) and Iran (68,017,860 people) who fund the terrorists working out of Lebanon and are baying for the eradication of your own country from the face of the map, one might expect them to be somewhat 'jumpy'.

If Syria and Iran had not given Hezbollah the backing to put fuel on the fire regarding the present Palestinian crisis, this action would not be occurring. They must have known that Israel would react and are using Lebanon for their own fundamentalist colonialism.
  • Options
    But israels actions are fueling peoples sympahty for these terrorist organisations - I truly belive that if you detroyed Hezbollah there would be thousands of other terrorist organisations who will take their place.

Also israel may be a small country but they are armed to the teath they have one of the most technically advanced and well equiped army in the world and the support of the US, diplomatically, economically and techonologically.