Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    I don't understand what you mean.

negotiation can only truly happen when both sides want them. At the moment neither do and they will trade shots. Bodies aren;'t exchanged in the middle of that and there won't be any giving up of rockets at the moment either. So either Israel must accept that they will be used in anger or they must try to neutralise them.
    You're missing the point. There weren't any rockets hidden in the Beirut neighbourhood that was flattened

Not in that neighbourhood. But do you seriously think that they are kept in the open?
    I have condemned attacks on Israeli civilians repeteadly.

that wasn't aimed directly at you, however look at your posts and the laguage which you use and tell me that you condemn both.
    However one's attention tends to get caught if some events are disproportionally bigger than the others. By far the larger atrocity here has been the killing of hundreds, terrorising of hundreds of thousands and massive, widespread basic infrastructure destruction spanning two different countries.

Actually the biggest atrocity was the things which cause the current increase in fighting. It was the spark to all of this and it wasn't an Israeli action.
    A sense of perspective please.

There is one, which is why I feel the need to argue a point which I don't necessarily completely agree with. Otherwise these boards would only be Israel bashing and Lukesh.
    If a kid from a council state throws a stone at a policeman and the police responds by sending 200 coppers through the state and beating the shit out of every kid on sight, would you say both sides deserve the same amount of blame?

No, but I might give them a few names to check up on ;)

If the kid was part of an organisation who targeted the police on a regular basis then I would give that organisation the same amount of blame. I would not blame the individual.

If the kid was poking a dog with a stick, and the dog bit it's leg off, would you only blame the dog, only post pictures of the kid's wounds?
  • Options
    negotiation can only truly happen when both sides want them. At the moment neither do and they will trade shots. Bodies aren;'t exchanged in the middle of that and there won't be any giving up of rockets at the moment either. So either Israel must accept that they will be used in anger or they must try to neutralise them.
    Well to be fair Israel was the one who started bombing Lebanon at large. Hezbollah carried out an operation in which it attacked an Israeli convoy and captured two soldiers. At that point they asked for an exchange of prisoners. At that point they weren't launching rockets into Israel. The rockets came when the Israeli response to the kidnapping came in form of hundreds of tonnes of high explosives dropped on Lebanese villages, towns cities and airports.

Not in that neighbourhood. But do you seriously think that they are kept in the open?
    I'm sure they're not but this whole converation about that Beirut neighbourhood started regarding the fact that Israel is murdering civilians on purpose and without any justification. Luke, in his desperation, simply made a claim that "they must have been hiding rockets there, that must have been why the Israelis flattened the neighbourhood"- which is of course bollocks.

So long as we are all clear that Israel is targetting civilians on purpose and that there is no military justificiation for it whatseover, we can move on and put the Beirut neighbourhood to rest for now.

that wasn't aimed directly at you, however look at your posts and the laguage which you use and tell me that you condemn both.
    I condemn one more than I do the other, guilty as charged.

Then again one is committing atrocities that exceed the other one's efforts many times over. And equally importantly, the one doing by far the greatest damage and killing is the one that is supposed a lawful State, and one that could or should listen to the pleas of the international community. The greater the power, the greater the responsibility.

Actually the biggest atrocity was the things which cause the current increase in fighting. It was the spark to all of this and it wasn't an Israeli action.
    If Israel is at war with the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah, then the capture of 2 soldiers is not an extraordinary event by any stretch of the imagination.

"Soldiers captured by the enemy shock!" Well I never...

No, but I might give them a few names to check up on ;)

If the kid was part of an organisation who targeted the police on a regular basis then I would give that organisation the same amount of blame. I would not blame the individual.

If the kid was poking a dog with a stick, and the dog bit it's leg off, would you only blame the dog, only post pictures of the kid's wounds?
    Given that kid would have been poking the dog with a stick due to having been terrorised and attacked by the animal for his entire life, I probably would, yes.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Well to be fair Israel was the one who started bombing Lebanon at large. Hezbollah carried out an operation in which it attacked an Israeli convoy and captured two soldiers.

A cross border thing, which is of course an act of war...
    If Israel is at war with the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah, then the capture of 2 soldiers is not an extraordinary event by any stretch of the imagination.

"Soldiers captured by the enemy shock!" Well I never...

Indeed.

Army attacks nation as part of war, also isn't that big a story. Since Guernica, neither is attacking civilians.
  • Options
    Actually I thought we had moved on from targetting civilians on purpose. At least civilised nations have, which Israeli claims to be a part of.

Another reason it might make the news is because there not a nation in the region that can put up even the most basic defence against the IDF. The Israelis have had virtually carte blanche to do anything they want. All the other nations are entirely defenceless and can do nothing but pray it won't be them next as Israeli jets fly with impunity over other people's airspace and drops bombs on them.
  • Options
    Of course, such acts of war as crossing the border without permission and attacking other people apply to all. Did you know that the day before the much trumpeted first kidnapping of a soldier by Hamas, Israeli forces had entered Gaza and kidnapped a doctor and his brother?

I can't blame you if you didn't- that kind of news 'mysteriously' fail to make it to the Western press.

Israel has probably conducted more such 'acts of war' in other people's land than any other nation on earth- even the US.
  • Options
    i actually watched the news today for the first time in a few months and i found the whole thing deeply disturbing, the israeli defense minister banging on about fighting terrorism to the end (sounds like more bush/blair lingo, and we know what a bunch of liars those cunts are) when they are the biggest fucking terrorists in the region, who's killed more civilians so far - hezbollah or israel?

let me ask does anyone here honestly think they can achieve their objective of destroying hezbollah? if memory serves correctly they didn't manage it the last time, so it makes me think what is the real agenda? let's face it hezbollah are unlikely to lay down their weapons, and support is growing all the time what with all the civilians in bodybags, if it carries on like this it's only a matter of time before the lebanese overthrow their government and that's when shit gets ugly.......israel also know syria and iran are sympathetic to hezbollah's cause so really i think they're just looking to stir up shit whilst playing the victim and spread the conflict, and the US is behind them 100%.......from what i can see the UN are the biggest bunch of pussies around, absolutely no pressure on israel or the US, what the fuck do they do exactly?......it's not looking good.
  • Options
    welcome to the project for the new american century.
    in the east iraq is in turmoil ...to the west the lebanon is being brought to its knees.
    which way do the sympathisers head to fight with their brothers ...fight america or the jews?
    iran and syria must be flapping right now. wich way to send men and weapons ...
    the middle east is being reshaped the neocon way.
    bringing them to their knees under the umbrella of the fight against terror.
    i know who fucking terrorises me the most!
    if this goes pear shaped ...welcome to armmagedon.
  • Options
    by the way ...armaggedon in biblical terms is the gathering of the nations on the mount of megiddo ...just outside jerusalem, or the gathering of the multitudes in the valley of decision. the river euphrates dries up and makes way for an army from the rising of the sun ...of 200 million men. Why will the armies of these nations gather at Armageddon ...the plain of megiddo? Apparently these military powers will invade the Middle East for a showdown over who will control the world.
    predicted 2,000 years ago to be the greatest and bloodiest battle men will ever fight.

the plains of magiddo were considered in ancient times to be the great battle field of the palestinians.
    one pharoh who's name escapes me said ...he who controls the mount of megiddo controls a thousand cities ...or the world. just thought you might find that little snippet interesting.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The Bear and the Eagle shall meet...

Nuff said.

Over 300 Lebonese dead now. And a whole 29 Israelis! WOW! Fair deal, eh? Tanks ammasing to invade now... I bet the Lebonan wishes Syria was still in there. Whilst Israel might have the ability to crush the Syrian armed forces, a full scale war probably isn't a choice they would make. No armed forces however...easy... it ain't hard to kill civilians!

Hezbollah had better be ready for one hell of a fight... another prolonged Guerilla war in the Mid East to go with Iraq and Afghanistan?
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    The Bear and the Eagle shall meet...

?
    and where mr gerbil does that come from?
  • Options
    Latest images from the product of Israel's ''measured and justified'' response:

1.jpg

3.jpg

Si is there anyone left here who still believes Israel

a) is acting in a measured and justified way?

b) is not targetting civilians on purpose?

Wouldn't be fucking surprised if there was... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    actually i think the majority of israelis and whomever they are fighting's civilians, would support a negoiated peace however i reckon aspects of the israeli governmnet (behind the scenes pro-military) actively want all out war, as do many parts of the terroist organisations as it gives them recruits and therefore more power, and the israelis get extra technoology from the US
  • Options
    Actually, those areas are evacuated and Israel knows that so what they are doing is target practise.
    And, Al, I really don't think anyone thinks Israels actions are justified.
    There are no civillians left in major city areas, and the ones that have stayed are being suicidal.
    However, I might be wrong.

I am not sure, but I thought I heard on the news that Israel is saying that the invasion is the only way to get rid of hazbollah?
    Is that correct?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Latest images from the product of Israel's ''measured and justified'' response:

1.jpg

3.jpg

Si is there anyone left here who still believes Israel

a) is acting in a measured and justified way?

b) is not targetting civilians on purpose?

Wouldn't be fucking surprised if there was... :rolleyes:
    luke?
    he seems to have dissapeared again.
    the last figure i heard were half a million people on the run ...and of course they can't all flee ...there will be hundreds of thousands left behind.
    if stoke on trent looked like those pictures luke might wake up.
    this is truly disgusting and i hope and pray israel get whats coming to them.
  • Options
    it makes me want to grow a beard ....
  • Options
    it makes me want to grow a beard ....

:lol::lol::lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: :thumb:
    trouble is mate i'm serious!
  • Options
    trouble is mate i'm serious!

I know... still make me laugh and I think you should do it tbh...
  • Options
    I know... still make me laugh and I think you should do it tbh...
    maybe we should start a movement ...a beard growing movement all over the western world to shpow our disgust and for where our sympathies are.
  • Options
    *post edited because some people can't handle reality, fair enough its pretty fucking ghastly*

don't click on this link unless you are prepared to face the harsh realities of what israel is doing to lebanon right now.......

http://www.fromisraeltolebanon.info/
  • Options
    Thanks for that, ffs bit of a better warning next time maybe.
  • Options
    Thanks for that, ffs bit of a better warning next time maybe.
    No apology or warning is needed for telling the truth about the conflict. These pictures show vividly and clearly the human side of this disaster. Every side seems intent on making the disaster worse. Israel reacts to anything by blowing the shit out of anything that stands in its way. Meantime, Bush and Blair cannot lecture the Middle East about bloodshed, for they themselves have the blood of thousands of Iraqis on their hands.
  • Options
    No offense dickhead, but I didn't want to see pictures of DEAD FUCKING CHILDREN.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    No offense dickhead, but I didn't want to see pictures of DEAD FUCKING CHILDREN.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

THat is the real results of war
  • Options
    maybe we should start a movement ...a beard growing movement all over the western world to shpow our disgust and for where our sympathies are.

Ok, I grow a beard with ya then...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

THat is the real results of war

Yep, any war is like that, not only that one...
  • Options
    What the fuck do you mean I can't handle the truth? Talk about stating the obvious.

I don't condone this war or any way, I am generally a pacifist... All I said was there should of been more of a warning, other peoples feelings should be taken into account.

Do you have children of your own?
  • Options
    I agree it would have been better with more warnings or maybe just have them linked instead of displayed...
  • Options
    Thanks, that's all I was trying to say, I have a 20 month old boy so seeing things like that upsets me a lot, I am not emotionally stable right now..
  • Options
    Yep I understand your point of view man...