Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Stop trying to deflect the issue. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Stop talking about Hezbollah for one minute. We have all in this thread said what they do is unnaceptable.

Time for you to say the same about Israel. No ifs, no buts, no "but the others do it too". Tell us what you think of Israel deliberately targetting schools or entire neighbourhoods when the only living there and the only casualties are innocent civilians.

Your opinion about that ^^ please.
    I've already said, Israel believes hezbollah has hidden rockets in civilian populations. This shows how uncaring hezbollah is, not Israel.
    Renzo wrote:
    Yeah Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation, like we didnt know. Israel is a state in its own right and its killing children for the sake of it. Is that justified yes or no?

Why am i either bothering. Im more likely to get a better debate from my wall.
    Not justified but is not killing kids deliberately.

Israel is a state in it's own right, Hezbollah won't recognise this.
    Rubbish. You don't destroy an entire neighbourhood because you believe a few rockets might be hidden somewhere. Do you?

Why don't they just nuke Beirut? That way, all rockets and militants will be destroyed. If 2 million other people are killed too, well that's Hizbollah's fault for hiding amongst the population, right?

Would you support nuking Beirut? And if not, why?
    Aladdin wrote:
    Rubbish. You don't destroy an entire neighbourhood because you believe a few rockets might be hidden somewhere. Do you?
    A few? More like masses.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Why don't they just nuke Beirut? That way, all rockets and militants will be destroyed. If 2 million other people are killed too, well that's Hizbollah's fault for hiding amongst the population, right?
    Yes.
    Aladdin wrote:
    Would you support nuking Beirut? And if not, why?
    I don't agree with using nukes.
    Aladdin wrote:

How else do you do it then?

I agree that Israel's action are OTT, but I really would be interested for you concept of how to get at the rockets, weapons and terrorists who attack Israel.
    luke88 wrote:
    A few? More like masses.
    More rubbish. They don't store all their rockets in one place do they? Given that almost all rockets are being launched from the south of the country and that the roads are blocked or cut, there cannot be any rockets or a few at the most in that neighbourhood.

Not that it matters, because YOU DON'T DESTROY AN ENTIRE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE SIMPLY TO DESTROY A FEW ROCKETS THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE ABOUT THEY ARE.

Yes.
    You need help.
    I don't agree with using nukes.
    But otherwise you would see the murdering of 2 million people as justifiable, right?
    How else do you do it then?

I agree that Israel's action are OTT, but I really would be interested for you concept of how to get at the rockets, weapons and terrorists who attack Israel.
    They could try, shock horror, negotiation.

In any case, there are some things you don't do. Regardless of anything whatsoever. That should be beyond contemplation.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    luke88 wrote:
    That's what hezbollah justifies. Also those who like to see children dressed as suicide bombers.

So because the terrorist do it, it is OK to do it on a FAR FAR LARGER SCALE (Several hundred times moe powerful) with TANKS, PLANES, and FUCK OFF HUGE artillery pieces. Causing HUGE mass slaughter.

Does this mean you think the Russians handled Chechnya well? Do you want the fucking WHOLE Middle East to look like Chechyna? Flattened? That is EXACTALLY what Israel wants to do.

And for fucks sake. A TINY TINY TINY percentage of Muslims are terrorists. So WHY do the MASS of people living next to Israel have to suffer? The terrorists are probably not even in Beirut, they probably are in the countryside. Well, desert, somewhere. Hidden. Waiting to fire off one rocket in vain retaliation.

All Israel is doing is stiring up more Anti-Semetic feeling in thier neigbours. And you know what? I think they are doing it deliberatley to have an excuse to invade and steal more land. I really do.

I hope they get thier armed forces fucking obliterated so they know what it feels like, too. A taste of thier own medicine.
    Aladdin wrote:
    More rubbish. They don't store all their rockets in one place do they? Given that almost all rockets are being launched from the south of the country and that the roads are blocked or cut, there cannot be any rockets or a few at the most in that neighbourhood.

Not that it matters, because YOU DON'T DESTROY AN ENTIRE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE SIMPLY TO DESTROY A FEW ROCKETS THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE ABOUT THEY ARE.

You need help.
    Hezbollah planets it's bombs etc in areas with high population as they feel they're more secure. Hezbollah doesn't give a shite about the civilian population.
    Aladdin wrote:
    They could try, shock horror, negotiation.

Becuase that's worked so often in the past between Israel and others, hasn't it?

Seriously, in some cases using your "military" options is the solution to a particular problem. If you are saying that they cannot bomb the area where the rockets are, how else do you propose that you can get them?
    In any case, there are some things you don't do. Regardless of anything whatsoever. That should be beyond contemplation.

Should being the operative word there. Shame that we are not talking about people (on both sides) who live by a set of rules. In fact throughout history you will find that war is dirty evil and doesn't discriminate between innocent and military.

Idealism is great and we all have that. Realism is just harder to accept.
    Why am i either bothering. Im more likely to get a better debate from my wall.

The wall would most certainly have more substance to its responses, Renzo! ;)
    Becuase that's worked so often in the past between Israel and others, hasn't it?

Yes, it actually has. Except hte trouble is that Israel kept breaking cease fires and truces!

Shock horror supprise!
    Actually it has. Israel and Hezbollah have once before exchanged bodies/prisoners.
    Seriously, in some cases using your "military" options is the solution to a particular problem. If you are saying that they cannot bomb the area where the rockets are, how else do you propose that you can get them?
    There aren't even any rockets MoK. That's what Luke especulates in his increasingly desperate attempts to justify cold blooded murder.

The South Beirut neighbourhood destroyed is simply described by Israel as 'Hezbollah's headquarters'. That means an office. In a flat. Many of the locals might be sympathisers. At most. But no fighters.

And yet Israel sees fit to flatten the place, and to hell with the thousands of innocent civilians who live there.

There is no possible justification, military or otherwise, for that. It was revenge and blackmail, pure and simple.

Should being the operative word there. Shame that we are not talking about people (on both sides) who live by a set of rules. In fact throughout history you will find that war is dirty evil and doesn't discriminate between innocent and military.

Idealism is great and we all have that. Realism is just harder to accept.
    If everyone agreed that both sides are as bad as each other and that they both need dealt with appropriately there would not be a problem.

But we have the leaders of the free world keeping quiet if not openly defending the actions of one while condeming the actions of the other.

That is another root cause of the conflict lasting for so long. One side is permanently left unchecked to do pretty much anything it pleases.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Seriously, in some cases using your "military" options is the solution to a particular problem.

But it will never be the solution here. With the bombing of inncoent Lebanese support for Hezbollah is only going to grow
    Weekender Offender 
    MoK and the rest of the war criminal apologists in this thread might as well justify the wholesale destruction of the Warsaw Ghetto since those resident were, by the same manner of propagandistic excuse making of that era, threatening the safety and welfare of the German people by fighting back against their oppressors.

But of course, being the supposed "singularly unique archetype of evil" ingrained into the Western public psyche, I'm sure MoK will circumvent all similarity of principle between that example and the present display by Israel of documented crimes against against humanity as set forth in the Nuremberg Principles, because after all, those were Jewish vicitms and these are just those Arabs the public has been conditioned to view as less than human.

More cognitive dissonance at its most transparent.
    luke ...i like your thinking.
    we could have stopped the IRA years ago by destroying belfast and all those annoying catholics ...we knew the explosives were hidden in terraced houses and garages and bridges.
    a few thousand dead irish women and children and pensioners would have been worth it.
    while we were at it we could have destroyed the electricity networks ...water supplies ...bombed them back into the stone age ...fucking irish terrorist scum would have been to blame for the deaths of the innocent.
    way to go luke:thumb:
    we could have stopped the IRA years ago by destroying belfast and all those annoying catholics ...we knew the explosives were hidden in terraced houses and garages and bridges.
    a few thousand dead irish women and children and pensioners would have been worth it.
    while we were at it we could have destroyed the electricity networks ...water supplies ...bombed them back into the stone age ...fucking irish terrorist scum would have been to blame for the deaths of the innocent.

:lol:
    well yet another thread confirming luke's ignorance and inability to debate, i don't know why you lot still bother..........all i can say is israel's actions are a fucking disgrace, and the international community is just as bad for sitting by and watching it happen.........if i was a lebanese right now i'd be going to the nearest hezbollah recruitment centre and getting me an RPG, and blowing up the nearest israeli because the fuckers are blowing up my hospitals, roads, friends and relatives, so what option do i have?
    This is terrible.
    I am worried about all the refugees, where are they gonna go???

This conflict can easily spread...and yet the UN is doing nothing.
    Hypocrits.
    Nothing excuses collateral damage, nothing.
    Yet all we can do is sit and watch people being killed all over the place.
    Mid east, Africa, Indonesia...

Who on Earth would want to bring a kid into a world like this?
    The UN is not to blame, they are merely the insitutional lackies of the world leaders who hold decisive powers over its actions. Better to direct your condemnation toward Washington, London, Paris, Berlin and other Western capitols which have shown themselves willingly and spinelessly complicit in Israel's fresh crimes against humanity.

Such as it has been from the very founding of that aggressivist expansionist state.
    The UN is not to blame, they are merely the insitutional lackies of the world leaders who hold decisive powers over its actions. Better to direct your condemnation toward Washington, London, Paris, Berlin and other Western capitols which have shown themselves willingly and spinelessly complicit in Israel's fresh crimes against humanity.

Such as it has been from the very founding of that aggressivist expansionist state.

So maybe we should go and dissolve the UN.

I can see why the US are not doing anything but why the rest of the western world isn't doing anything is beyond me.
    Or maybe it isn't.
    I remember the western countries killing a few civilians while bombing "military" targets around the world themselves, so perhaps they find it normal.
    Nobody us sleeping with each other, but everyone is fucking one another.
    The US is doing plenty already they have been helping Israel with cash for years...
    The United States provides Israel with both economic and military aid. In January 2001, Israel and the United States signed a memorandum of understanding. This memorandum would allow the United States to slowly phase out economic aid to Israel but increase military aid. Economic aid will decrease at the rate of $120 million per year until it is phased out entirely by 2008. However, military aid will increase at the rate of $60 million per year until 2008 when it will reach $2.4 billion.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    So because the terrorist do it, it is OK to do it on a FAR FAR LARGER SCALE (Several hundred times moe powerful) with TANKS, PLANES, and FUCK OFF HUGE artillery pieces. Causing HUGE mass slaughter.
    Israeli reteliation is of this kind because others have failed in the attempt to win peace.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Does this mean you think the Russians handled Chechnya well? Do you want the fucking WHOLE Middle East to look like Chechyna? Flattened? That is EXACTALLY what Israel wants to do.
    I don't know enough about that so I can't comment.

Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And for fucks sake. A TINY TINY TINY percentage of Muslims are terrorists. So WHY do the MASS of people living next to Israel have to suffer? The terrorists are probably not even in Beirut, they probably are in the countryside. Well, desert, somewhere. Hidden. Waiting to fire off one rocket in vain retaliation.
    They maybe a tiny % but they are the current majoirty of terroists as a whole.
    Why does Israel have to suffer as well man? it goes both ways.

Probably? Probably isn't good enough in times of war.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    All Israel is doing is stiring up more Anti-Semetic feeling in thier neigbours. And you know what? I think they are doing it deliberatley to have an excuse to invade and steal more land. I really do.
    Think that, I don't believe they will be any ground war.

All Hezbollah is doing is yet giving Islam a bad name.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I hope they get thier armed forces fucking obliterated so they know what it feels like, too. A taste of thier own medicine.
    I thought you lot don't do tit for tat?
    :confused:

You've completely misunderstood me. Plus the N.I conflict is different from what we have here.
    well yet another thread confirming luke's ignorance and inability to debate, i don't know why you lot still bother..........
    What have they got to bother doing exactly?

Do you want me to say i agree with you lot then I've listened?

No I won't do that as I've got my independent opinions and I'll stick to them regardless of how many of you are on at me.
    luke88 wrote:
    I've got my independent opinions
    :D
    luke88 wrote:
    Israeli reteliation is of this kind because others have failed in the attempt to win peace.

... Israel broke most of the cease fires and agreements...
    luke88 wrote:
    I don't know enough about that so I can't comment.

Think this: Once upon a time Checyna was part of Russia. Seperatists rebelled, and the whole country was pretty much obliterated. Few buildings stand, and nearly all of them are new.
    luke88 wrote:
    They maybe a tiny % but they are the current majoirty of terroists as a whole.
    Why does Israel have to suffer as well man? it goes both ways.

Probably? Probably isn't good enough in times of war.

I still don't see how this validates civilian slaughter.
    luke88 wrote:
    Think that, I don't believe they will be any ground war.

All Hezbollah is doing is yet giving Islam a bad name.

No ground war at all. Because Israel has the only army. Hence no war... because that needs two sides.
    luke88 wrote:
    I thought you lot don't do tit for tat?

I don't. It's hardly been tit for tat though, and I doubt it ever will be. It's a one sided battle.

Please, actually tell me... how CAN you believe this is in any way justified? It'd be like if after the Japanese attacked the USA in WW2 the US promtly nuked Korea.
    They are in no way making an effort to target the people who comit these attacks.
    luke88 wrote:
    :confused:

You've completely misunderstood me. Plus the N.I conflict is different from what we have here.
    different with many similarities ...terrorists bbombing innocent civilians ...in our country.
    we had to fight back ...what would be so wrong with destroying the infrastructure of belfast and slaughtering some innocent civilians?
    Ah but you don't get it MR... the IRA and the Catholic community in NI are not evil Muslims. You cannot just bomb them like that.

Dirty Arabs on the other hand...