Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO those who think Israel's actions have been justified & proportioned

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Toadborg wrote:
    An offensive on saudi Arabia?

Thats a new one, where the hell did you get that from?
    Do you think that if Al Qaida managed to bring down the regime (not an unthinkable scenario by any means) and the oil-richest country in the world fell in the hands of Islamic extremists the US wouldn't be there like a shot? Of course it would.
    Earlier you were saying the Us intended to create turmoil in the area, now you are saying they aimed for stability but failed spectaculalry, which is it?
    There are such things as short term goals and long term goals you know...

In any case the US (as is the case with most violent nations, see Israel) has never learnt the lesson that the use of force doesn't win them anything in the end.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5228224.stm
    More than 40 people, including 20 children, have been killed in an Israeli air strike on the southern Lebanese town of Qana.
    Displaced families had been sheltering in the basement of a site which was crushed after a direct hit.

Any excuse from the mass murder apologists about this latest 'self-defence' action from the cunts at the IDF and Israeli government?

In case you're tempted to ridicule yourselves further by attempting to justify it, let me pre-empt a few things for you:

- Israel drops a few leaflets in Southern Lebanon telling civilians to flee.

- Israel then bombs to fuck anything that moves on the road. Namely the civilians doing just what Israel has ordered them to do

- Civilians are trapped in their villages and cannot live the area.

- Israel proceeds to bomb towns and villages to rubble, saying "they are no civilians left in there because we told them to go".

Time to stop these mass-murdering, civilian-butchering, war criminal CUNTS
  • Options
    Time to stop these mass-murdering, civilian-butchering, war criminal CUNTS

Go and do something about it yourself then, instead of ranting and making a fool of yourself on a message board.
  • Options
    You're the only one making a fool of yourself (actually no, there is one other) with your filthy and disgusting apologism.

I am already doing plenty, from placing boycott stickers on the streets to writing to my MP and the PM to observing boycotts and encouranging friends and work colleagues to do so.

What have you ever done for the necon/zionist Crusades you so eagerly support, other than filling the position of Chickenhawk-in-Chief?
  • Options
    Latest news
    Israeli air strikes continue despite 'cessation'

Israeli air force jets bombed southern Lebanon this morning, despite a 48-hour suspension of air strikes negotiated by US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice yesterday after an attack that left more than 60 dead.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1834225,00.html

Can't even keep its own promises...

I wonder how they think Lebanese villagers are supposed to evacuate the area.

Then again perhaps they think that all Lebanese who are currently there are dirty terrorists. Better to blow them away just in case.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I am already doing plenty, from placing boycott stickers on the streets to writing to my MP and the PM to observing boycotts and encouranging friends and work colleagues to do so.

Lets just be thankful then that the PM doesn't care what you think and that the average MP has hardly any influence on foreign policy.
  • Options
    That the PM doesn't care about the opinions of the country (which by a massive majority want the Poodle to stand up to Bush and think Israel's response has been disproportionate, incidentally) comes as no news.

However even Blair's own cabinet are disgusted with with the PM's stance on Israel and his willingness to do as he's told by the Americans:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1833538,00.html

The winds are changing. :)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    That the PM doesn't care about the opinions of the country (which by a massive majority want the Poodle to stand up to Bush and think Israel's response has been disproportionate, incidentally) comes as no news.

And that's hardly surprising when most people get their news from the anti-Israel BBC...Tbh, the average person knows absolutely nothing about the Arab-Israeli conflict let alone present events making the findings of a few opinion polls irrelevant. Foreign policy is not something that is (or should be) dictated by an uninformed public communicating through polls. We have a democratically elected government to formulate our foreign policy.
    Aladdin wrote:
    However even Blair's own cabinet are disgusted with with the PM's stance on Israel and his willingness to do as he's told by the Americans:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1833538,00.html

The winds are changing. :)

Hardly. Jack Straw is jostling for support in the Labour party. He's keen to try and exploit current events for personal political advantage. And er he was demoted and now it seems rightly so...And Brown doesn't seem to have any qualms about the PM's noble stance. And you're kidding yourself if you think Cameron's Conservatives would rock the boat. The only risk is the LibDems. (I'd actually rather a grand coalition between the Tories and Labour in the event of a hung Parliament, anything to keep the LibDems out). The winds are changing? I don't think so. :)
  • Options
    And that's hardly surprising when most people get their news from the anti-Israel BBC...Tbh, the average person knows absolutely nothing about the Arab-Israeli conflict let alone present events making the findings of a few opinion polls irrelevant. Foreign policy is not something that is (or should be) dictated by an uninformed public communicating through polls. We have a democratically elected government to formulate our foreign policy.
    Oh the BBC is anti-Israeli now is it? Of course! Here we go again... :rolleyes: :D

You are running out of the friends rapidly, incidentally. Even the ultra-zionist Telegraph is growing tired of Israeli tactics, judging by its editorial. I suppose in a few days you'll be accusing the Torygraph of being 'anti-Israeli' as well...

Hardly. Jack Straw is jostling for support in the Labour party. He's keen to try and exploit current events for personal political advantage. And er he was demoted and now it seems rightly so...And Brown doesn't seem to have any qualms about the PM's noble stance. And you're kidding yourself if you think Cameron's Conservatives would rock the boat. The only risk is the LibDems. (I'd actually rather a grand coalition between the Tories and Labour in the event of a hung Parliament, anything to keep the LibDems out). The winds are changing? I don't think so. :)
    Oh yes they are. Tony Blair is despised even within its party. There is nobody, but nobody whatsoever, who approves of Blair's total subjugation to the US. Read the news. The entire cabinet is deeply unhappy and pretty fed up about it.

Luckily the poodle won't stay in office for much longer now.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Talking to a friend of mine last night who has a Lebanese wife and goes over to the Lebanon quite a lot. Apparently 17% of Hizbollah are Christian. I never knew that.

There are also lots of non Hizbollah Christians as well living in the Lebannon which has I think the highest christian population in the whole of the middle east (39%)

I have a kind of a vested interest in this as my husbands great grandfather was a painter who painted the insides of the churches in Beruit and other areas.
  • Options
    Oh well. Too little too late but at least US death flights carrying weapons to Israel will no longer be allowed to refuel at British civilian airports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5235192.stm
  • Options
    Have we got any further forward in the last week?
  • Options
    Welcome back. Been anywhere nice?

Not much progress here. Everybody but a couple people think Israel's response has been completely disproportionate and unjustified. Unfortunately not even the massacre of 60 women and children have made them change their minds.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Not a recent event but just proof that Israel does fire rokets at civilian crowds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlm1pLw-NUw&search=palestinians%20attacked

And the death of James Miller
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fgzPPCi5r8
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Not a recent event but just proof that Israel does fire rokets at civilian crowds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlm1pLw-NUw&search=palestinians%20attacked

And the death of James Miller
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fgzPPCi5r8

Israeli army shown to be a bunch of trigger happy morons again. Yet the USA still supplies them with weapons, while claiming to fight terrorism. Hypocracy at its worst again.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    Have we got any further forward in the last week?

:lol:

As polarised as ever. Much like the rest of world opinion apparently.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Oh well. Too little too late but at least US death flights carrying weapons to Israel will no longer be allowed to refuel at British civilian airports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5235192.stm

But they are going to go through military airports instead, so whats the difference?

This whole fuss over the flights is a smoke screen, its to make it look like the government can stand up to the US.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5252842.stm

Please let this end!!!!! Murdering Bastards!
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Please let this end!!!!! Murdering Bastards!

I hope this does end swiftly but Israeli operations in Lebanon should not end until Hezbollah is eradicated. Since Israel left Lebanon in an Israeli attempt to exchange land for peace Hezbollah has prospered, Israeli concessions were interpreted by Hezbollah as a sign of weakness. Since the Israeli withdrawal six years ago, as Hezbollah themselves boast they've been preparing for a fresh assault against Israel with the support of the Iranians. As history has shown lasting peace requires complete victory, if Hezbollah emerge unscathed present events will be repeated in a matter of months. The left wing media seems obsessed with making crude comparisons between the death toll on either side as if this is a football match, I guess they're ignorant of the thousands of Israelis squatting in shelters deep underground; built out of necessity and painful previous experience were it not for the history of aggression from Israel's neighbours which has made such shelters essential there's little doubt that the Israeli death toll would be even higher.

And then there are some justified doubts about the manipulation of the media and civilian casualties coming out from Lebanon. This is a war Israel didn't start, the grim realities of war we're seeing are depressing but Israel's fight against Hezbollah is justified and right. The failure of the international community to disarm Hezbollah left Israel no choice. From this I hope a situation emerges where Israel has secure borders and Lebanon has sovereignty within its borders. That the private army of Hezbollah has superseded the Lebanese army in Southern Lebanon is an intolerable situation.
  • Options
    I guess they're ignorant of the thousands of Israelis squatting in shelters deep underground
    Just as you are ignorant, I bet, that an incredible 25% of the population of Lebanon has had to flee their homes.

Many will have nothing to come back to of course.

Thank fuck the Israelis are not deliberately targetting civilians eh?
    And then there are some justified doubts about the manipulation of the media and civilian casualties coming out from Lebanon.
    Of course. There're all Jew haters trying to make Israel look bad.

Look at the Qana massacre for instance. All those bodies of children being pulled from the rubble... I bet they were all alive and pretending to be dead :rolleyes:
    This is a war Israel didn't start, the grim realities of war we're seeing are depressing but Israel's fight against Hezbollah is justified and right.
    No. Murdering innocent women and children on purpose and destroying entire villages and neighbourhoods for revenge is never justified.

When did you become a child murderer apologist?
  • Options
    Meanwhile, Sky News got more than it had bargained for when it asked George Galloway in for an interview:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-galloway_060806,00.html#

LOL! :D
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Of course. There're all Jew haters trying to make Israel look bad.

Look at the Qana massacre for instance. All those bodies of children being pulled from the rubble... I bet they were all alive and pretending to be dead :rolleyes:

Reuters admits doctoring photo.

Blogs -
    http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21956_Reuters_Doctoring_Photos_from_Beirut&only
    -
    http://theshapeofdays.com/2006/08/adnan_hajj_isnt_even_trying_anymore.html

Any comment? I suppose it's all Zionist propaganda Aladdin. :rolleyes: And I don't think it takes a conspiracy theorist to wonder how bigger minority of male 'civilians' were actually Hezbollah terrorists.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Blogs -
    http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=21956_Reuters_Doctoring_Photos_from_Beirut&only
    -

Any comment? I suppose it's all Zionist propaganda Aladdin. :rolleyes: And I don't think it takes a conspiracy theorist to wonder how bigger minority of male 'civilians' were actually Hezbollah terrorists.

WOW. They doctored a picture of SMOKE.

It's hardly adding in lots of dead civilians, is it?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Meanwhile, Sky News got more than it had bargained for when it asked George Galloway in for an interview:

I can't really see anything amusing about glorifying terrorism. Nor can I see how anybody can justify the unprovoked attack against Israel by Hezbollah that initiated present events. Unfortunately, this is unsurprising for George Galloway. This is a man who is a friend of mass murderers such as Saddam and a friend of fundamentalist, homophobic, Christian hating anti-Semitic Muslims, you only have to look at the disgusting people in his 'respect' party that hold views as vile as those of the BNP. Galloway is an apologist for Islamofascism, the self-important and egocentric scumbag doesn't deserve the publicity and attention he craves upon. And no decent person that supports liberal democratic values can possibly support someone like Galloway or his band of fellow extremists in the 'respect' party.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Good thing that everybody hates him as it is.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    WOW. They doctored a picture of SMOKE.

It's hardly adding in lots of dead civilians, is it?

Er well passing dead children around to stage photographs is a pretty big misrepresentation of events. And for an apparently respected media outlet such as Reuters to publish doctored photos hardly inspires confidence.
  • Options

Blogs -
    -

LOL. Big deal about that image.

Do you think that the countless images of entire neighbourhoods being obliterated are doctored? Do you think that the live images shown on every news channel are fake?

If you really do you are deluded beyond help.
  • Options
    I can't really see anything amusing about glorifying terrorism.
    However I find it very amusing when the ultra-zionist bias of Rupert Murdoch is brought up- in one of his own channels, to boot.

Regardless of what you think of him, he speaks a number of truths. It is ridiculous to describe Hezbollah as terrorists but not to extend the same treatement to the State of Israel. It is ridiculous to comment on the apparent wrongness of Iran supplying Hezbollah with rockets but not see anything wrong with the US supplying Israel with far more destructive and longer reaching missiles.

And most of all, it is ridiculous to suggest Hezbollah has started this war when it was Israel that unilaterally decided to destroy Lebanon as a "response" to the capture of two of their soldiers- and of course when it still has thousands of Lebanese prisoners rotting in Israeli jails from the previous war.

Galloway is a complete twat but that doesn't prevent him from sometimes speaking the truth, and having the balls to say in public what millions think but no other politician will sum up the balls to say.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Do you think that the countless images of entire neighbourhoods being obliterated are doctored? Do you think that the live images shown on every news channel are fake?

If you really do you are deluded beyond help.

I've never said that.

But as has been repeatedly pointed out by dedicated bloggers (honestreporting.co.uk, biased BBC, etc) there have been consistent instances of photographs being staged (or even doctored) to reflect badly upon Israel. And that with the one-sided coverage of the BBC which is well documented and the extremely limited coverage of the background to this conflict and Israel's reasoning is imo a distortion of what's happening. It's unsurprising that somebody such as yourself who passionately hates the State of Israel thinks the BBC is brilliant. (And I'd guess you're a fan of Reuters too).

Israel has long lost the propaganda war in Europe; in the BBC, the Foreign Office the liberal elite has successfully implemented their anti-Israel agenda. If Israel wasn't fighting a war for its security and safety I'd probably be more concerned at the triumph of Israel's enemies in shaping public opinion in Europe.
  • Options
    Israel has long lost the propaganda war in Europe; in the BBC, the Foreign Office the liberal elite has successfully implemented their anti-Israel agenda. If Israel wasn't fighting a war for its security and safety I'd probably be more concerned at the triumph of Israel's enemies in shaping public opinion in Europe.

Some good news is that it was recently reported (a week or two ago) that a clear majority of the Danes support Israel in the current war :)