Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Straight Edge

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MissMurder wrote:
    i was wondering if there's anyone on here who hasnt tried anything? i'm drug-free. i've never tried weed. just seeing who else is in the same boat as me....and if you havent, why havent you tried it yet?
    I haven't never tried recreational drugs. I occasionally drink but that's very rare.

Drugs never really appealed to me. They can ruin lives, get you addicted, waste your money. But that's me. I personally would rather use performance enhancing drugs.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    HIT wrote:
    I personally would rather use performance enhancing drugs.

They can ruin lives, get you addicted, waste your money.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    They can ruin lives, get you addicted, waste your money.
    Recreational drugs & performance enhancing drugs are in two completely different categories. But considering testosterone is actually used in HRT & has studies backing it up that it may keep one alive for longer.

But your right, they could do if you dont know your limits.
    Ah, nothing like a bit of well substantiated argument :eek2:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    HIT wrote:
    But your right, they could do if you dont know your limits.

Which applies to all drugs.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Which applies to all drugs.
    Absolutly.
    I never realised people make such a thing out of being 'straight-edged'.
    I know there are people that dont like to take drugs, drink, have sex before they get married etc etc but i never knew they're lives revolved around the fact.
    if you really don't like the concept you could spike them :angel:
    Addict wrote:
    if you really don't like the concept you could spike them :angel:

Very bad, stupid and dangerous idea.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Blagsta wrote:
    Very bad, stupid and dangerous idea.
    Agreed.
    I wasn't being at all serious. :rolleyes:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Addict wrote:
    I wasn't being at all serious. :rolleyes:
    Bulletin boards don't reflect sarcasm very well though, do they. Previous posters have admitted they have spiked drinks before and didn't see what the problem is, so even if you are joking it isn't something we can responsibly let slide without comment...
    oh im not straight edge....i just didnt know what to put in the title. i was just wondering who is drug-free. thats all. i love sex and lots of it with my boyfriend...and i drink, not as much as i used too, but i drink. haha
    If your just about drugs, I'm that way, but thats because I get randomly drug tested once a month at work and they give me insurance and a job so I thought I could make some sacrifices ;) Been over a year now since anything but alcohol. I even have a savings account now!

Though before I had this job...
    i do drink drugs etc on the odd, im letting myself go this summer a bit cos school's out, but im begininng to hate straight edgers purely for looking down their noses at people who have fun. i hide from nearly all my friends that i do the odd pill but some people even have a go at me for smoking a cigarette! i think people should be able to do what they want and not have a go at anyone else..
    http://www.lyrics.eu.org/en/text_show/741e6008bbf1f20d4cb67538912e173b-xHEADWALKx_-_edgebreak,+facebreak

when i tell people what straight edge is, i tell them its based on non harm (its supposed to be), but now its turning into hardcores version of nazi punk. there are whole hardcore scenes that are straight edge. is this happening in any other music genres? like entire cities where you cant see a show and have a cig and a pint without getting beaten?
    kasia wrote:
    http://www.lyrics.eu.org/en/text_show/741e6008bbf1f20d4cb67538912e173b-xHEADWALKx_-_edgebreak,+facebreak

when i tell people what straight edge is, i tell them its based on non harm (its supposed to be), but now its turning into hardcores version of nazi punk. there are whole hardcore scenes that are straight edge. is this happening in any other music genres? like entire cities where you cant see a show and have a cig and a pint without getting beaten?
    never in england
    kasia wrote:

What a load of dickheads. If someone came to beat me for having a pint I'd smash the glass over their head.