Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pussycat dolls

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that one with the black shorts on cannot seriously be that skinny.

and if the one on the left is a he-she then there's been some serious airbrushing going on!
  • Options
    that one with the black shorts on cannot seriously be that skinny.
    What? That's normal isn't it? ;):p Actually the blonde one to the left is skinnier anyway.
  • Options
    i really liked their 1st song 'dontcha'.

a couple of them are scary looking but the others are pretty, especially the lead (ONLY) singer.

however their muscly thighs and 6 pacs could put most men to shame.
  • Options
    They irritate me. They were originally a dance group who toured. Carmen Electra fronted them for a while, and Christina Applegate was with them for a while.

If you watch Charlie's Angels 2 - they're in it before they were huge - in the Treasure Chest scene
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    It's quite funny that with them there doesn't seem to be even the slightest pretense that they can sing or have any talent - their entire act and appeal seems to me to be "we're really fit and you know you want to have sex with us, so who cares if we can sing?"
    yeah i know, quite sad that young girls look up to them to. They don't send out a very good message.
  • Options
    God you must have high standards. I wouldn't say no to any of them. Hell even the bloke is hot. :p

Oh and as for all you girls moaning, I bet you lapped up the Spice Girls in their heyday, and none of them can sing.
    They are pretty but what kind of message does that put out to girls when they are always flaunting their flat stomachs and skinny thighs?

I find it impossible to watch one of their videos without feeling stupidly insecure. I dread to think how it makes other girls feel with low self esteem.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    It's quite funny that with them there doesn't seem to be even the slightest pretense that they can sing or have any talent - their entire act and appeal seems to me to be "we're really fit and you know you want to have sex with us, so who cares if we can sing?"

well you can't blame them for flaunting themselves to earn a bit of dough.

they're not the stupid ones. :no:
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    They are pretty but what kind of message does that put out to girls when they are always flaunting their flat stomachs and skinny thighs?

I find it impossible to watch one of their videos without feeling stupidly insecure. I dread to think how it makes other girls feel with low self esteem.
    And how d'you think us blokes felt when Adam Rickett started flaunting his six pack in his video to his debut single? Well quite nautious, now you ask.

What gets me about all these American hip-hop/RnB acts is that they always come across to Britain with their debut album with one good song, featuring some 'established' act (which usually means they did the same thing a month ago). Quality British acts usually have to wait 'til at least their second album before they get any sort of success over there. Why the hell do people in this country eat up all that generic crap? I mean if you want generic crap, at least buy our own generic crap like Robbie Williams or something.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

Am I wrong in saying that it is not their fault that you feel stupidly insecure?
    Does every girl want to be like them? NO
    Do all men like barbie lookalikes? NO

In any case, they are all photoshoped anyway.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    In any case, they are all photoshoped anyway.
    Not in music videos they're not.
  • Options
    Not in music videos they're not.

OK, airbrushed....
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    Am I wrong in saying that it is not their fault that you feel stupidly insecure?

To be honest, to an extent, yes.

Its girls like these that make me feel insecure about my own body and my own looks. As they are all famous and guys drool over them, it makes me wonder whether that is what I should look like.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

Its girls like these that make me feel insecure about my own body and my own looks. As they are all famous and guys drool over them, it makes me wonder whether that is what I should look like.
    So should blokes feel insecure every time they watch a Johnny Depp film? After all, every girl in the world seems to drool over him whenever he's on screen. And the vast majority of guys are never going to be a rich, successful, good-looking or talented as he is.
  • Options
    I'd rather be myslef than Johnny Depp or whiever.

Maybe just me, like.
  • Options
    Yeah and I'm sure most girls would rather be themselves than one of the Pussycat Dolls, but it's the same principle.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

no thats not true. its girls like those that add to your insecurities. you have to already have them to feel ugly just by them being on screen.
  • Options
    Visually they're some music marketing exec's impression of a man's walking wet dream, nothing more and nothing less. I can't imagine any female looking at them and aspiring to look like that, but that's less to do with their bodies and more to do with their hard faces. Not my thing at all.

I would have to say I despised their first single both musically and with regard to its message; so it made me LAUGH that they were compared to the Spice Girls. Musical genius they were not and they are as contrived as these pussycat dolls; but at least their message was something along the lines of female solidarity which can never be a bad thing.

As for "dontcha wish your girlfriend was raw like me"... well I always thought that sounded pretty painful, and potentially contagious.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Couldn't agree more with that sentiment. I hated the whole premise of the song -- your girlfriend's an ugly boring cow, wouldn't you rather be having sex with me instead? Awful. Yeah, almost makes me miss the Spice Girls. Girl Power and all that shite, hurrah!
    it was a catchy song - but i didn't like the message....beep was just as bad
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    As for "dontcha wish your girlfriend was raw like me"... well I always thought that sounded pretty painful, and potentially contagious.
    :lol:

I get what everyone means by the messages though. Trust me, you haven't experienced anything until you've seen a bunch of 10 year old girls dancing to "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas. Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not some sort of pervert who goes round kids parties, we run them where I work.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    i've never seen them :confused:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    You ever heard of these?

abc_ptl_nazitwins2_051019_t.jpg
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Haha, you're gonna do your nut when you hear about them then. They're a pair of 13 year old singers from America, who tour singing white-supremicist songs and insist that hitler is a hero.

Here's a link anyway. http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1

Shakira doesn't sound too bad now does it?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Fucking hell. That might just be one the sickest, saddest things I've ever seen.

You're right, it's put some perspective on ten year olds singing about their lady lumps. Shit, I'm actually horrified.
    I always aim to please.
  • Options
    \