Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Question about jobs and advertising

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I was thinking about getting a job at HMV. Would it still be worth applying even though they're not advertising in Plymouth? I had a look on their website earlier and couldn't find any adverts for where I live. This may sound silly, but how exactly would I go about asking for a job/interview?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go into the shop and hand a CV over, really.
    Yep, or just ask them if they're hiring at the moment. If they say yes, ask how you can apply.

You can print off a bunch of CVs and hand them out to anyone who says they're hiring, but a lot of shops prefer application forms, so if you do that be prepared to re-write all the info over and over in all the forms.
    Thanks you two.
    From my experience with HMV they advertise their vacancies on a board beside the opening hours and they are quite quick to add/remove, ie. if the board says 'no vacancies' they have no vacancies!
    city_boy wrote:
    From my experience with HMV they advertise their vacancies on a board beside the opening hours and they are quite quick to add/remove, ie. if the board says 'no vacancies' they have no vacancies!

Thanks. Will have a look for this on Monday.
    My mate works in HMV, seems like a good company to work for. 30% discount!

I know you have to be over 18 even for part-time work there... not sure if that really applies to you as your age isn't on your profile!