Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Word

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't take stationery from work, because as we are a shop that would be classed as shoplifting.

Mind you I do have a stack of Siemens A4 notepads from someone I know because Siemens is changing their name. Hooray for free paper!
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Does anyone know what word I'd use to describe an excessive or unnatural interest in stationary

thingsthatstandstillaphile

stuffthatdontmoveaphile
    You're all rubbish!
    A Letter-head?

Post-it Junkie?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You're all rubbish!
    maybe but at least we know that the stationery that you're talking about is spelt with an "e"
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Loopi wrote:
    maybe but at least we know that the stationery that you're talking about is spelt with an "e"

Oh noes. One teeny tiny spelling mistake. How can we all recover from that?!?

At least everyone knew what she was on about. No-one commented about stationary cars :|
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    YES PLEASE. :hyper: I love stickers.
    You should come to the hospital where I work - the old label printers used to waste two with every print, so we have literally thousands of them boxed up in pairs, doing nothing.
    It all comes under OCD
    Oh noes. One teeny tiny spelling mistake. How can we all recover from that?!?

At least everyone knew what she was on about. No-one commented about stationary cars :|
    I'm an English teacher. My pedantry cannot be helped I'm afraid. As for the no-one commenting about stationary stuff, you're wrong. I did. I just didn't mention cars.
    Loopi wrote:
    I'm an English teacher. My pedantry cannot be helped I'm afraid. .

I'm a smug git, but even I didn't pedant this one. Some things are just too niche.
    Loopi wrote:
    I checked and was told it was with an a, excuse my dyslexic mistake. But quite frankly, it's more than clear from the context what I meant.
    Tweety wrote:
    It all comes under OCD
    No, it's more like a necrophilia kind of word that I'm looking for, just less sick and wrong
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I checked and was told it was with an a, excuse my dyslexic mistake. But quite frankly, it's more than clear from the context what I meant.
    And now I remember why I stopped coming on the boards .... people's inability to take a joke!

Even after I pointed out why I found it necessary to comment, people are still going on and on about it. Please people, get over yourselves. Have a laugh once in a while. Oh yeah, and stop blaming dyslexia for everything!!!
    Loopi wrote:
    Oh yeah, and stop blaming dyslexia for everything!!!

Normally I'd agree, but I think it's pretty fair to blame a minor spelling mistake on dyslexia, tbh.
    Another thing that I blame on my job I'm afraid! In this case, I think that it's just a common spelling error. After all, Fiend did say he/she had checked with someone. I'm afraid it's just one of my pet hates.

I like your icon thing btw kaffrin.
    Loopi wrote:
    Another thing that I blame on my job I'm afraid! In this case, I think that it's just a common spelling error. After all, Fiend did say he/she had checked with someone. I'm afraid it's just one of my pet hates.

I am also a teacher, however, I am not as pedantic as that. It's hardly the biggest mistake in the world - you know what she meant and it wasn't unreadable.

Jeez.
    Loopi wrote:
    Oh yeah, and stop blaming dyslexia for everything!!!

If you said that to my kid in the classroom I'd smack you into next week.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Does anyone know what word I'd use to describe an excessive or unnatural interest in stationary or pencils.

you fiend
    Mist wrote:
    I'm a smug git, but even I didn't pedant this one. Some things are just too niche.
    jealous that you didn't spot it?
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yes it was more than clear. Like I said, it was meant to be a joke!

As for it being dyslexic, is that you or the person that you checked it with?
    Loopi wrote:

Hardly.
    Loopi wrote:

:lol:

Now that is the only joke you have made in this thread. Good one :thumb:
    Loopi wrote:
    And now I remember why I stopped coming on the boards .... people's inability to take a joke!

Even after I pointed out why I found it necessary to comment, people are still going on and on about it. Please people, get over yourselves. Have a laugh once in a while. Oh yeah, and stop blaming dyslexia for everything!!!

Feel free to nick off again. I have to say though, if you think I have a tendancy to blame dyslexia for everything you're sorely mistake, that's the first time I've even brought it up for months, other than possibly saying, "I'm dyslexic and I can still do that" or something to that effect.
    jake0 wrote:
    you fiend
    :D Quite possibly.

I'm gutted there isn't a word for this, I guess I'm going to have to go to the greek or latin and make one up.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    :D Quite possibly.

I'm gutted there isn't a word for this, I guess I'm going to have to go to the greek or latin and make one up.

there will already be a word for it. have you googled... ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo- not sure if it's on there tho...