Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why do guys go for less attractive girls?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not saying always but it is something that I have noticed. It's not personality thing coz I have seen it happen when the guy doesn't really know either girl yet picks the less attractive one.

Girls, is this something that you have experienced?

Guys, can you shed any light?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To me this seems like personal opinion...
    Eh?
    Yes it's true, men go for the less attractive ones, that's why all the most beautiful girls on earth are single and will be soon extinct...
    perhaps the person you see as most attractive is who they see to be the least attractive?

actually my boyfriends grandad told him to never marry a pretty girl (i.e. me) because they will get male attention and might stray.
    Yes it's true, men go for the less attractive ones, that's why all the most beautiful girls on earth are single and will be soon extinct...

:lol: Matt, please explain yourself.
    Id've argued that I see more attractive females going out with guys who aren't as attractive as they are. (If you get me)

All down to personal choice :yes: There's no magic formuala about it.
    Sometimes it's a safety thing.

My ex was absolutely stunning, but she fucked me over and for the next year after that I (subconciously) seemed to go for lassies who weren't nearly as nice, but weren't a challenge at all.

Other than that, it's just personal taste I suppose.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    They appreciate you more. :p
    Weekender Offender 
    Id've argued that I see more attractive females going out with guys who aren't as attractive as they are. (If you get me)

All down to personal choice :yes: There's no magic formuala about it.

You means girls going out with what you'd class as 'mingers'?
    I know what he means. Its because they're not confident enough to ask out the better looking girl, or think she'll laugh in their faces or something. Probably a good thing really, because if they're not confident enough to ask her out, then they're not gonna be confident enough to trust her not to cheat on them.
    Sofie wrote:
    You means girls going out with what you'd class as 'mingers'?
    Yeah, there's a good explanation for that too. It's called money.
    It's because they're easy ;)
    Yeah, there's a good explanation for that too. It's called money.

:yes: The thing is, what you may class as attractive, another man may class as unattractuve. It's all down to personal taste.
    Because ugly girls are less fussy.

And possibly more desperate.
    Also because super-attractive, confident girls might appear less needy or attentive making the bloke feel less important. Which may explain why really attractive girls might get fucked around by guys who just want a bit of fun or have more casual relationships, whereas slightly less attractive girls are more likely to have proper serious boyfriends. Speaking from experience anyway.

Just what I was going to say...

At the end of the day... as long as the two people concerned find each other attractive then fair play to them, it's all that matters :thumb:
    briggi wrote:
    Just what I was going to say...

At the end of the day... as long as the two people concerned find each other attractive then fair play to them, it's all that matters :thumb:
    Does mean we can't go "What the hell is she doing with him?":p
    theres someone for everyone.
    theres someone for everyone.

Nope... Some people stay alone until they die...
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    what a lovely thought! :(
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    what a lovely thought! :(

I know... But that's life... and life is far from being lovely toward everyone...

They usually buy cats then. If I were to die alone, I'd want a dog. Preferably an adopted friendly dog where their previous home neglected them. Then they are much more needy in the attention and love department, cuz I'm sure I'd have lots of built up love and attention to give.
    When I'm an old woman I'm gonna live in a hut in the woods and chase cats with a broom.
    ohyer
    I dont understand your question.

Are you an angry gay man?
    Noo sorry. I meant to the original poster. I didnt see your reply. Yar just like Hansel and Gretal only not such a pushover (harhar)
    Well I class myself as one of those 'less attractive girls' (although everyone says I'm pretty...they have to really though, don't they! lol) and I've always had loads of male attention - ooh this sounds like I'm bragging.
    I'm not, honest:)

I guess it could be because guys think 'ugly' girls are easier to get, I've always thought that's the reason, but...I don't know.

There are plenty of less attractive men who have stunning girlfriends so maybe there's a deeper psychological reason behind it or something, I don't know.
    alasia wrote:
    I guess it could be because guys think 'ugly' girls are easier to get, I've always thought that's the reason, but...I don't know.
    I don't think less attractive means ugly. It's more of a pretty, but never gonna be a model, kinda thing. I'm guessing you're pretty, but most guys see you as attainable and approachable, whereas someone who is model standards of looks it likely to put most guys off because most guys would think they don't stand a chance. Plus there's the negative stereotypes that go along with being ridiculously beautiful, such as she couldn't possibly be interesting or fun or intelligent, or in fact, have any personality at all. Think yourself lucky you're 'merely' pretty (well I don't actually know, I haven't seen a picture of you, you could be a moose for all I know, but I doubt it).
    Think yourself lucky you're 'merely' pretty (well I don't actually know, I haven't seen a picture of you, you could be a moose for all I know, but I doubt it).

Moose! Haha...love that word!

It's not that I think I'm really ugly, I mean, I've seen girls that I consider to be less attractive (eek! that sounds bad...) but most women I see are prettier - not that I'm bothered, I'm happy with myself - wavy hair, big nose, big boobs and all!:D

Maybe that's the key - confidence? Not that I've got loads of it, just enough I'd say:)
    Hm, well i'm supposedly the 'most attractive' of my group of friends. Yet i've hardly ever had any real male attention - apart from the odd guy that fancied me in like year 8. I've only ever had 1 serious boyfriend. Yet one of my friends has had LOADS of boyfriends and always has guys falling at her feet.
    I don't know what it is. It's probably my red hair that put them off!