Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Daily Mail looking for a binge drinker...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Joani Walsh, a freelance journo has been comissioned by the Daily Mail for a story on a young femail binge drinker, here's the details if you're interested -

===================

New statistics suggest the group most vulnerable to binge drinking is that of teenage girls from a well-off background. If you know any teenage girls who have been or are binge drinkers and who may wish to share their experiences on the record - with their family's cooperation and involvement - the Daily Mail would like to talk to you.

They're willing to pay a substantial sum for a story that meets their requirements. Please contact Joani Walsh on 07803 618116,
joaniwalsh7@hotmail.com walsh.joani@gmail.com.

Initial conversations or queries will be treated with confidence so please make contact if you'd like to find out more. Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't think you'll have much trouble finding someone on here :D
    Tell 'em to ask around their offices - journalists are notoriously heavy drinkers.
    Yeah, get them to ask their 3am girls ;)
    Jim V wrote:
    They're willing to pay a substantial sum for a story that meets their requirements.

Would that be a shocking expose of the dark side of middle class drinking so they can instill more fear in their readership?
    Why do you allow the HateMail to advertise on here?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Never one to mess with words!
    Jim V wrote:
    Joani Walsh, a freelance journo has been comissioned by the Daily Mail for a story on a young femail binge drinker

Let's see if we can guess how that story will end...

Seriously, after all the Mail has said about this place, do you really think that you will get anyone?

Also, I know that this is a charity, but do you really need to sell your souls...?
    Believe me man, you think there's a great difference between different journalists treatments of case studies then you'd be very surprised, but more importantly we don't hold any prejudice against any national paper, no matter what has been said about us and they remain the only paper that has ever offered anything to any of our users in return for an article.

Not one other paper, from any part of the political spectrum has ever offered so much as a penny to any of our users, no matter what they end up writing - and I'd rather provide people with the opportunity to be involved in something by their own choice rather than censoring what is offered based on a political decision.

And to make it clear, we don't get a penny for this or anything else in this section, but if someone wants to make a few thousand pounds to help them through Uni by taking part in a story that's gonna get written anyway, I'm hardly gonna take that opportunity away.
    I'm neither a teenager nor wealthy enough for the daily mail to be interested. I would probably sell my soul for a few grand.

If they want wealthy kids, money probably won't attract them. How about offering a case of champagne?
    I'm a teenage girl (shit, actually I'm 20) binge drinker from a working-class background.

I don't know any middle class binge drinkers that would admit to being binge drinkers. If you get me!
    POSH BINGE DRINKERS SNOBBY CONFESSIONS

I can see it now...
    POSH BINGE DRINKERS SNOBBY CONFESSIONS

I can see it now...
    Well of course. If they're from a rich background then they've obviously got some great story to tell about their reasons for binge drinking. If they're from working class background, they're just chavs or commoners, from whom we shouldn't expect any better. :rolleyes:
    Seriously, after all the Mail has said about this place, do you really think that you will get anyone?
    I wish some of you lot would stop peddling these lies. The Mail newspapers have never published anything about this site. The papers publish hardly a thing about this place, and besides which, the most famous article about this site (and often repeated on this site for all to see) was from the News of the World.

Oh yes, and apparently, the Mirror published a link to a "Pullometer" that TheSite had up a few years ago. Wonder if that got anyone new subscribed to the boards? :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I wish some of you lot would stop peddling these lies. The Mail newspapers have never published anything about this site.

I'm pretty sure that they did...

*off to find link*
    Only link I could find quickly (cos I can't be arsed to do much more) is this one here:

http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=16068&page=2&highlight=Daily+Mail+article

Okay, it's mainly about the NOTW story, but the Mail gets a mention too...
    JimV's right though- all journalists know what their story is before they even speak to the poor sap who's the case study.

If you go into it appreciating that you'll be fine.
    Oi, middle class girls do actually resent being stereotyped as much as those from the working (or, indeed, unworking) classes, thanks very much!
    Oi, middle class girls do actually resent being stereotyped as much as those from the working (or, indeed, unworking) classes, thanks very much!

aren't you stereotyping yourself by putting yourself in a group in the first place?