Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Help and Ideas Please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tommorow afternoon i'm going to the hairdressers for a cut and to sort out what i'm having done for my prom, which is in 8 days... She told me to find some ideas and i've looked about on the net a bit and so far i have... Nada! I don't even really know what i'm looking for.. I don't think i want to just have it down straight/or curly because thats boring since i have it like that most of the time..

So could you please post pictures of how you had you hair for prom or any ideas that might be suitable? (with pictures too please :p) or any websites that might help?

It's mid-length (just touching my shoulders) and brown.. if that helps.. Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Options
    dont have a picture, but when i had my hair they put it high up on my head, and plaited 2 strands at either side of the front+pinned them up aswell (so they kind of ran along the side of my head).
    sorry for the poor description. alot of hairdressers hjave photos in a book or on display of past hairstyles they've done for special occasions, so why not find 1+take a photo of it. (just tell them you're trying to decide+want to look at all the styles you want when you're at home, so they dont think you're cheeky!)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You could try looking on this website...

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/Style%20Gallery.asp
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    You could try looking on this website...

http://www.ukhairdressers.com/Style%20Gallery.asp

I came across that site before - it wasn't much help unfortunately..

At the minute i'm thinking of something like either this or this - in a kinda forties/fifties style which goes with my dress or a really simple up-do like this.

Not really sure though.. don't even know if they'd suit me or if the last one could be done with my hair length..

More ideas would be great!
  • Options
    I love the way Scarlet Johansson has her hair in that picture... but the fact that she's gorgeous probably has a little to do with that. With your length of hair that would definitely be possible and look fantastic especially if it goes with the style of your dress (and probably fairly easily done too, especially by a professional).

I've always had Heidi-style braids at the various formals and proms I've been to over the years, I can't be doing with my hair down at formal functions -- especially since it usually goes to shit and is just back to its usual way after an hour. Also, I can do it myself with great success so it's always a winner.

Please don't get that awful up-do with the spiky, hairsprayed bits at the front though :p Not that I think you would... ;)
  • Options
    what i did was go to hairdressers, look thru magazines ur bound to find something.....i didnt need to be that prepared - but my hair is very (goes down to my bum) so there are ony a few styles could have had cos its so heavy
  • Options
    Ok so I know this was a while ago and no-one cares but I only uploaded the pictures today and I thought I'd follow it up.. :p

I'm not too sure if I'm was happy with the way it turned out.. I asked her to do it like this in the end.. She washed it and blow dried it and all that was fine but when it came to doing the curls (using tongs) She did them so tight I ended up looking like little miss muffet! I asked if she could do them looser and she messed about with them for a bit and they were looser - but it also looked really frizzy.. boufantish..She pinned it back on both sides two instead of one.. Used LOADS of hairspray on it too..

When i got home, I thought it looked ok.. It ended up like this bare in mind thats after i'd been rained on and i'd messed about with it.. :p

I'm gonna go ahead and ask her to do it again on the day anyway - it's in two days. If I don't like how it is I can always adjust it myself, or take the pins out so it's just curly like this

Anyway - thanks people. :)