Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

sometimes with weed...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, this may be a bit long, but i just had one of those late night brain spasms and wanted to ask this, because i know some of you, heck most of you, will have more experience then me on this and your knowledge will be much more advanced.

Anyway, im chatting to my girlfriend the other day about her day. She had the day of school as it was a training day or something for the teachers. Anyway, her parents were down south visitin gher sister for graduation from university and so she was home alone. And her neighbours she has known since she was ickle came over. They are 14 and 15 and she is 17. Anyway, they came over to smoke weed because they cant at home. So i asked if she had smoked any with them and she said she had a couple of draws...

Now, thats not a problem or anything, im just curious, is it worth it? I mean, i only started smoking weed in the past year, since i got with my girlfriend the first time infact and im 22 now. But it usually takes quite a bit to have an effect on me. So is there a point to having a couple draws? I mean, surely it wont effect her, and it always feels, smells and tastes rank until it kicks in anyway. So i just dont get the point if your not going to go for it properly.

But then again, im the other way too, although i dont see the point of smoking weed if your not going to have enough to chill you out...i dont like the idea of smoking it, for the sole purpose of "getting fucked up" which is what my girl said she liked to do, and so led to a small argument. I know, im weird in my opinions, but i like it to chill, but not to get totally wrecked with.

Anyway, what do you think? Is it just lame naivety of me and eventually i see the point or is this a common notion?

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    A few years ago I woudl have said no. I started off by smoking methods (bongs, lungs, buckets etc) and never really found smokign joints was worth it, simply because my tolerence must have been so high. I stopped smokign pot on a regualr basis a couple of years ago however, and since then a couple of pulls on a joint loaded with weed and I feel fucked.

And i really don't know how you can't enjoy the smell of weed??
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if i have a task ahead of me ...especialy an outdoor one ...like building making repairing painting ...i smoke tiny bits in one skinners ...it stimulates me physicaly and mentaly.
    i can get absorbed in the task so enjoy it more.
    weed isn't only for getting smashed or even high though those things are fine.
    it is a wonderful relaxent and stimulant.
    a soother and a healer.
    Skive wrote:
    And i really don't know how you can't enjoy the smell of weed??

:yes:
    I just dont at first... it takes time to grow me.
    z01 wrote:
    It's a really hard question to answer. I say there's a time to get fucked-up and a time to just smoke a bit and chill. If I'm at a party house shroomin and drinking anyway I'm just going to do anything I can get my hands on even though chances are I'm really only going to feel the shrooms and a bit of the booze. But if it's my own stuff then I don't smoke it if there's not enough to get a decent buzz in most cases. Although there are those midi+ clear-headed-euphoria strains that I really enjoy just having a bit, not to get high off of, even if I have plenty. Whether you want a bit or enough to get baked, there's really no "wrong" answer. Unless your girlfriend is proposing passing a single j of decent shit among 3 or 4 people...things like that are a waste, as nobody gets much of anything out of it and it basically becomes a wasted joint...