Home Travel & Free Time
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

We're out!

2

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can almost predict the reactions of England fans before games begin.

    Conspiracy theories, lmao.

    Seems like neither side really deserved it. I have it on good authority Ronaldo was the best player on the pitch. He may have played his last for United though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote:
    Well at least i have brazil in the sweepstake i have at work

    Not any more!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote:
    Seems like neither side really deserved it. I have it on good authority Ronaldo was the best player on the pitch. He may have played his last for United though.
    :lol: Bullshit, he did fuck all all match. Hargreaves was man of the match by a country mile.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    :lol: Bullshit, he did fuck all all match. Hargreaves was man of the match by a country mile.

    I agree with that completely.

    I think it's worth remembering that our fans were superb tonight aswell. It's shame singing couldn't get us throug hto the semis.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol: Bullshit, he did fuck all all match. Hargreaves was man of the match by a country mile.

    I knew he'd come good. Probably too little too late for him to get the boo boys off his back though.

    Sky Sports said Ronaldo was a constant threat, but whatever. I haven't seen any of it, unfortunately.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i swear i heard the crowd on the bbc chanting

    "the referee's a wanker" or something along those lines :yippe:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Beckahm has stepped down as aptain. Rooney is to be investigated for his conduct. (and really needs anger management)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss hahahahahahahahahaha!

    Britain is now relying on a SCOT to win a major trophy this year!! haha doesnt get any better!

    Mon Andy Murray!!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Fucking Gutted.

    On my drive home I saw a bloke, wrapped in an England flag, face paint on crying in the street.

    That Portuguese player is really fit though :love:
    Fit as fuck but not a patch on the manly looks of Beckham!

    nyway, if we had played like all the other games, losing wouldnt have been so bad. The fact I thought we played brilliantly makes it hurt even more.
    I cried my little heart out.

    Was that ref Argentinian?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Typical English...blaming the ref haha. ;)

    The penalty takers were questionable...but i think one Owen Hargreaves has answered his critics.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,269 Skive's The Limit
    zooby wrote:
    yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss hahahahahahahahahaha!

    Britain is now relying on a SCOT to win a major trophy this year!! haha doesnt get any better!

    Mon Andy Murray!!

    I'll be supporting anybody BUT Andy Murray! :D He aint good enough anyway.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Renzo wrote:
    Typical English...blaming the ref haha. ;)

    The penalty takers were questionable...but i think one Owen Hargreaves has answered his critics.
    Yes, Hargreaves has been a pleasant surprise and a relevation for many- including, I must confess, myself.

    The biggest dissapointment of the squad, or indeed the entire World Cup, must be Lampard. What a stinking performance from the first game to his very last touch yesterday. Shocking!

    FAO Addict- Was Ronaldo thought to be leaving Manchester before the WC? I don't see him having a warm welcome back after this. If some United fans don't care much about England's fortunes I would imagine the players themselves certainly do, and will not have appreciated his efforts to have Rooney sent off .
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Ronaldo: the biggest cheating diving cunt in the history of the game.

    Oh, I'm just waiting for Addict to trundle out claiming that he's a saint who never dives at all, like ever. Because its not cheating to headbutt someone and then roll around as if you were the one being hit now, is it?

    I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Carrington when Rooney and Neville get hold of the little cunt though. If Ruud can make the little chav shit cry (to which I salute him) then Rooney will be even better:D

    Anyway, I'm not surprised. Ronaldo didn't get a kick against Cole, Hargreaves and Neville, and nor did Figo, and England would have probably gone on to win because they simply couldn't handle Lennon. Crouch did more in 10 minutes than Rooney did in the entire sodding match, mind.

    And as for the referee, he was an Argie fuck. Nuff said. The only thing Thatcher did wrong in 1982 was not killing enough of them.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I was Sven I would be spending the next few months up at the North Pole or something.
    I did feel sorry for Rooney because they did foul him many times and he was frustrated with the stupid role Sven had him playing, but he did step on Carvalho, or left his foot in there, in any case, it should have been a yellow.

    Those who say Lennon should play before Beckham need to jump off the bandwagon. Lennon is fast and he takes on defenders, however, his success rate was low yesterday and the boy does not defend at all. Needs more experience and teaching. beckham has heart and his workrate is second to none in the England team, he should carry on playing.

    Lampard was awful, but he looked tired and not sharp, same with Terry. It's been a long season.
    Ashley Cole has done really well.
    And Rio Ferdinand.
    Hargreaves was awesome again.
    Neville looked not match fit.
    I thought Crouch has done well after coming on.
    Why did Carragher come on to take a penalty?
    He never takes them for Liverpool!!

    Why didn't Ashley Cole take one?

    I am not gonna talk about Portugal divers, esp Maniche as I will get pissed off.

    If we played 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 we would have killed the Portuguese.
    Anyway...

    Sven wasted the best english team for a long time. And that's his legacy.

    PS I don't think Ronaldo will be back at manchester again. If he does come back he will fucken die.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    And as for the referee, he was an Argie fuck. Nuff said. The only thing Thatcher did wrong in 1982 was not killing enough of them.

    :eek2:

    I've never seen so many grown men cry, or so many arrests in town as I did last night. I thought it was all fair enough, they didn't perform and they didn't win (not to say Portugal were much better). Rooney is seriously a twat of the highest calibre, Lampard is a lame duck - I'm consistently amazed by how shit he actually is at the moment.

    All the vitriol towards Ronaldo makes me laugh, little perspective eh.

    Come on Germany!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote:
    All the vitriol towards Ronaldo makes me laugh, little perspective eh.
    Oh come on, everyone's hated that little twat since he came to England. This is just the icing on the cake.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh come on, everyone's hated that little twat since he came to England. This is just the icing on the cake.

    When you say everyone I guess you're just generalising. 'Cause wouldn't say I even have much of an opinion either way :thumb:

    Ah well, the wacky world of the football-crazed, at least they might pipe down for a while now (fat chance). I don't know if I can stick another day in the pub with "ENGLAND 'TIL I DIE" being screamed in my lughole, all for enjoying a match but...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm bitter about the cheating Argies, always will be. The only disappointing thing about the crying Argies on Friday night was the beaming German faces. Still, I can live with them winning it I guess.

    I've always had bile about anyone who cheats, and that Portuguese charver is the worst cheat in the Premier League. The best thing that can happen to football is someone kneecapping him.

    But briggi, the people are English till they die...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    I'm bitter about the cheating Argies, always will be. The only disappointing thing about the crying Argies on Friday night was the beaming German faces. Still, I can live with them winning it I guess.
    Nah, I wanted the Argies to win it, because they've been the best footballing side in this tournament by a mile, and I always like the best teams to win it. I'd like to see Zidane have one final hurrah now though.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    migpilot wrote:
    I did feel sorry for Rooney

    How anyone can feel sorry for Rooney is beyond me. The guy stepped on the other player's balls, and, to be honest, I reckon the rest of the team must have played better without him to not give up a goal whilst one man down.

    I do feel sorry for the rest of the team though, because penalties is a shit way to go out. Pretty much down to luck. And after going out of a fair few championships because of them, England just don't seem to have any.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No scapegoats, we weren't good enough at any time in the tournament. Lampard was as shite as shite can be, and his penalty just summed up the whole thing for me.

    Ronaldo was doing a "professional" job on behalf of his nation - had it been the other way around I don't think we'd be complaining. Having said that, his reaction and comments about joinging Madrid will not endear him to the United faithful and for the latter he should be dumped. You either want to play for us or you can fuck off.

    As an aside, after my early comments about Hargreaves being in the squad can I now eat humble pie and say that, based on his performances, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a United shirt in August...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As an aside, after my early comments about Hargreaves being in the squad can I now eat humble pie and say that, based on his performances, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a United shirt in August...
    Me too. I thought he was shit, but he was our man of the tournament along with Ashley Cole.

    I thought yesterday, most of the players put in good individual performances, but it was the system and the lack of playing as a team that let us down, and only the manager can be blamed for that. But then we've all known this since Japan and Korea and not much has changed. One thing we need from now on is movement. Our players are good passers of the ball, like most other top teams' are, but if you watched Argentina pass the ball around, how often did they play an absolutely brilliant ball? It wasn't very often, because their movement meant they could take the simple option every time and still create chances. If you watched our team yesterday, every ball that created anything had to be brilliant, because our complete lack of movement meant there were never many options for the player in possession. Hopefully McLaren will sort this out and get us playing well.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mist wrote:
    Pretty much down to luck. And after going out of a fair few championships because of them, England just don't seem to have any.

    Don't agree with that, until last night England didn't have to play anybody. I'd have fancied Scotland to have made it this far with the draw England had, and that's saying something.

    Pretty much agree with MoK's post, although Chris Waddle said it all on the BBC website.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im sorry but have they misunderstood the meaning of the word success or what?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I suppose from their point of view, success means the amount of money you get qualifying for a tournament. They'll get much more if we qualify for three and get to the quarters each time, than if we win one and fail to qualify for the others.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    With respect guys... not winning the World Cup is not a failure. Not for anybody other than perhaps Brazil.

    Most teams don't win any trophies for many years if not decades. And that includes the big guns. England is certainly not exception. At no point during Sven's era the England team has really been of a quality that could be expected to bring home silverware. It had the capability of course, but then so did many other teams. I'd say quarter finals is a perfectly appropriate and expected result given the form and quality of the squad.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So three quarter finals in a row, and getting knocked out by the first real quality opponents they've faced each time is progress? They pay him to bring the team forward. That doesn't mean winning the World Cup necessarily, because there's always an element of luck in that, but it doesn't mean playing the same way for five years and making the same mistakes. I agree that England didn't have the team to win the World Cup, but they did have the players to do so. So who's fault is it if we have the players, but they aren't playing well as a team?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a bad result for a few reasons:
    1 - England won 4 out of possible 7 games
    2 - In neither of the games have England played well, let alone up to their potential
    3 - The team had the potential to reach the final and win it
    4 - England scored only 6 goals, one of which was an own goal

    Few positives from the experience:
    1 - the supporters have been great
    2 - Beckham becoming the first englishman to score in 3 world cups
    3 - change of manager and a new start
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    briggi wrote:
    When you say everyone I guess you're just generalising. 'Cause wouldn't say I even have much of an opinion either way :thumb:

    Nah, he's only referring to ABU's and certain bitters. People with perspective can see Ronaldo as a great player and can admire him for his football. He's a fantastic player to have in the league. And he's by no means the biggest cheat, not by a country mile.

    I love how the English think that because he plays in England he should act differently to how he normally would just because he's playing them. It's the biggest game of his life ffs, a world cup quarter final, all allegiances were left at Old Trafford at that point. I know everyone's a little sore, and it was unsavoury behaviour, but as MoK says, if the tables were turned, noone would give a fuck. Rooney deserved to go. It's a real pity like, but that's football.
Sign In or Register to comment.