Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Is it possible to

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
break your thumb whilst asleep?:confused:
I woke up at 3am and it hurt like fuck but i thought perhaps i was laying on it and it will be ok in the morning. It's not it feels twice the size of my other thumb and i can't use it properly as it hurts too much.
I thought about going to the minor injuries unit but don't wanna waste thier and my time. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I have no idea if you can do it or not, sounds strange...

Still though, I would get it checked out. You wont be wasting there time and its better to be safe than sorry!
  • Options
    More likely you slept with it in a strange position. Breaking bones tends to wake people up.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    More likely you slept with it in a strange position. Breaking bones tends to wake people up.

Well i thought that but whys it twice the size of the other and fucking hurts to use it?:confused:
    ETA i did wake up :p
  • Options
    You'd have to try hard to break your thumb whilst asleep I would've thought.

Just take some ibuprofen (always read the label, caution in asthma) and put something cold on it to take the swelling down.
  • Options
    Hmmn, even if it is broken I'm not sure they'd actually do anything to it? I don't think thumbs get re-set and plastered. Maybe just ice it, don't use it, keep it raised and take ibuprofen for swelling like Kentish said. If it hasn't gone down, see someone about it on Monday.