Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Haggling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone tried this on websites? I'm about to buy a load of stuff off eBuyer (around £500 worth) and I was hoping I could blag a free DVD writer or keyboard/mouse set, both around £25. What d'you think my chances are of being successful if I order over the phone? You see the processor I'm buying is about £250, and the price is pretty much the same wherever I buy it. So the way I figure it, I order all of the other stuff, then offer to buy the processor off them as well, if they throw a DVD-writer in for free. How d'you rate my chances? Has anyone tried it?

ETA: Actually scratch that, they don't have a sales line. Replace it with Micro Direct.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Chances would be nill, they run a business afterall!
    I reckon most internet places work on lowish margins anyway, probably wouldn't be that much room to maneuver.
    You might be able to get a few quid knocked off if your buying a lot of gear but I doubt you'll get anything free, might as well give it a pop though.
    I asked the same question to the sales agent of Dabs.com when buying a hdd, his reply was "sure, how many are you buying?" :crazyeyes