Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

need help finding a job in design,media

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm taking a gap year due to not getting into the university of my choice and I want to have a job in media(its a photo course i wanted to do at uni) or do something in design having looked on jobs sites mosts of the jobs are for gradutes.

does any one have any advice or links to help me find a good gap year job

Comments

• Options
    im an expert on gap years lol.....depends if you want to work here, or abroad....im going to ecuador for 6 months to teach children, but it sounds like you want a job here?

a great website is www.gap-year.com - very good for gap years abroad and in UK

www.gapyear.com is also good - yes very similar name but different website.

www.yearoutgroup.org is a good website which gives you links to many other organisations that do gap years, and has some useful tips on it too

www.gap.org is the organisation im going to ecuador with - they are a well establised group - fairly cheap in comparison to others and have a huge variety

there are so many websites!!! just go to google type in gap year and maybe a few key words of the type of work you are looking for and youll find lots. If you need any more help im happy to help - ive been researching this for about a year!
  • Options
    yeah looking for a Job in Lahn'don I just passed my art foundation course today
  • Options
    what about in IT, I'm sure I can use photoshop skills and learn flash as well
  • Options
    bacon wrote:
    could be tough, that's a very popular industry and they can get lots of people for free on work experience etc or cheap undergrads on placements.

www.ideasfactory.com from channel4 has some stuff.

maybe get a few weeks work experience at various design places for the old CV, and then spend the rest of the time in a better paid job to get money for uni?

I agree with all this. Unpaid work experience is probably your best bet. Looks great on a CV too, and will probably be a bonus if you're reapplying to uni.