Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Freshers 2006!!!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well i know for sure i'll be joining Fusion. Astons Dance Music Society, gonna try and start DJ'ing out once i get there as they need some new DJ's :D
    You've obviously done more research than me into this. I'm not sure if I'll want to join anything myself, definitely not anything course-related.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You've obviously done more research than me into this. I'm not sure if I'll want to join anything myself, definitely not anything course-related.

Ha i've not even thought about my course!
    GoodFella wrote:
    Ha i've not even thought about my course!
    If I wanted to talk politics 24 hours a day, I'll come here. :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    If I wanted to talk politics 24 hours a day, I'll come here. :p

I don't think the course-related societies spend their time doing things like that...generally people only join it because it gives you cheaper tickets for the socials they hold, like balls, booze cruises or whatever.
    Yeah yeah oldish thread .. well ya can all fuck off if ya start to moan :p

I claim this as the official Freshers thread :D

4 weeks and 1 day to go baby!
    My current thoughts on Freshers are: "oh, just bloody start already. This wait is starting to bore even me..."
    stargalaxy wrote:
    My current thoughts on Freshers are: "oh, just bloody start already. This wait is starting to bore even me..."

Yeah ive been bloody waiting for aggggggggges ...
    GoodFella wrote:
    Yeah ive been bloody waiting for aggggggggges ...
    In the meantime, I've only got to worry about accommodation, finance, getting my laptop, getting more clothes, and working out how I'm actually going to get there. Nothing really, is it?
    Woooo got all my enrolling crap and freshers pack today!! Soooooo excited now!! :D
    Oooh, have fun.

Remember to take loads of photos with you, and all the answers to the forms you fill in with you You'll have to do most of it again when you get there.
    I'm off to Portsmouth to study English and Journalism. Still haven't got my loan sorted yet, they've been reassessing my 'situation' for 6 bloody weeks and still send the same crap back. It's such a shit system, by the way. Why you're loan should be subject to your parents income beats me.

The most exciting thing about all this so far is buying a nice soap dispenser. I worry about my state of mind sometimes.

I'm also very concerned about the colour of my curtains.
    I'm off to Portsmouth to study English and Journalism. Still haven't got my loan sorted yet, they've been reassessing my 'situation' for 6 bloody weeks and still send the same crap back. It's such a shit system, by the way. Why you're loan should be subject to your parents income beats me.

The most exciting thing about all this so far is buying a nice soap dispenser. I worry about my state of mind sometimes.

Yeah that whole loan system is a farce, the amount of crap ive had to sort out with them is ridiculous!

But im sure once you get there and settled you'll be fine and dandy :D
    GoodFella wrote:
    Yeah that whole loan system is a farce, the amount of crap ive had to sort out with them is ridiculous!
    The student loan system leaves a lot to be desired, speaking from personal experience. This week, I have been told by the Student Loans Company that I apparently didn't request a maintenance loan. Er, yes I did! One phone call to the Local Authority (in my case, the council) sorted that one out, but I'm amazed it even happened at all. I'm going to find next week very difficult financially as it is without them cocking up.
    GoodFella wrote:
    But im sure once you get there and settled you'll be fine and dandy :D
    Even a hardened cynic like me has to admit I'm starting to feel like this.
    Why you're loan should be subject to your parents income beats me.

same here!

i hate how they assume your parents are in the situation to be able to help you out. also i don't like how they take into account my stepdads earnings not my dads - it sort of makes it seem like my stepdad is obliged to help and not my dad (which of course my stepdad would - good job really).

also i have minging curtains in my new uni house so i'm gonna try get some new ones.
    same here!

i hate how they assume your parents are in the situation to be able to help you out. also i don't like how they take into account my stepdads earnings not my dads - it sort of makes it seem like my stepdad is obliged to help and not my dad (which of course my stepdad would - good job really).

also i have minging curtains in my new uni house so i'm gonna try get some new ones.

i have mingin curtains too, the curtains in every room are the same as the ones from home in our front room, apart from my bedroom ones which are a manky bogey green!
    i have mingin curtains too, the curtains in every room are the same as the ones from home in our front room, apart from my bedroom ones which are a manky bogey green!

i have bogey green curtains. Perfect for lie-ins. You dont get waken up by the sunlight, a must have for any proper student
    Curtains are the last thing on my mind at this moment in time :p
    damn straight!
    GoodFella wrote:
    What are you most excited about?
    GoodFella wrote:

you wouldnt be saying that if you bought a girl back and you didnt have curtains. Your room could be of full view of the bird watching society.
    olaola wrote:
    you wouldnt be saying that if you bought a girl back and you didnt have curtains. Your room could be of full view of the bird watching society.
    With commentary provided by David Attenbrough. "And here, we see the Goodfella getting on top of his prey..." :p
    stargalaxy wrote:
    With commentary provided by David Attenbrough. "And here, we see the Goodfella getting on top of his prey..." :p

haha:lol:
    "...His prey lies down, feeling confused and disorientated. He lies down and offers her yet more alcohol. For the Goodfella, it is all part of the mating process..." :p

(he's going to kill me for this...)
    stargalaxy wrote:
    "...His prey lies down, feeling confused and disorientated. He lies down and offers her yet more alcohol. For the Goodfella, it is all part of the mating process..." :p

(he's going to kill me for this...)

:lol: No sounds pretty similar to my life .. just scratch the drugging her with alcohol part ... and the mating process bit .... ah what the hell none of it will happen :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    :lol: No sounds pretty similar to my life .. just scratch the drugging her with alcohol part ... and the mating process bit .... ah what the hell none of it will happen :p
    Mate, if I could accomplish it, you could do it no problem!
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Mate, if I could accomplish it, you could do it no problem!

What getting her drunk and mating with her like a crazy wild animal? :p Well that part of Uni life aint really been on my mind too much :p
    GoodFella wrote:
    What getting her drunk and mating with her like a crazy wild animal? :p Well that part of Uni life aint really been on my mind too much :p
    Ooh, look. Yeah, go on. Take a look up in the sky, that beautiful blue sky. What's that I see in the distance? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Nope, it looks like... yes, that's right... it looks like a flying pig...

Flying%20Pig.jpg

:p
    Oi shut it! :p Honest to god it hasnt .........
    GoodFella wrote:
    Oi shut it! :p Honest to god it hasnt .........
    Oh, don't give me that. I can see two flying pigs now. At this rate, there'll be thousands of them in the air. :p
    Quit your jibba jabba :D