Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone who knows Colchester

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, got a quick question about Colchester.

I need to go to Colchester County Court and get a copy of my mums Decree Absolute for some forms (she lost hers)

I need Directions if Possible, What train station do I get off at (I know there is two there) and I am just curious, and where do I go,

Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Colchester Town Station

When you arrive to Colchester Main station you'll transfer to Colchester Town.

When you go out of the station, look right, you'll see a roundabout and a big car park across the road, the Court is about 600 yards from there along Southway, basically at the next roundabout...

So Colchester Town, turn right, walk across the roundabout, straight for half a click and it will be on your right...
    You'll be getting off at North Station, to get to town from there you turn right out of the station, go under the railway bridge, and keep walking in a straight line (obviously you have to go round roundabouts) until you hit the high street.

SCC or NMM will have to help you from there, 'cause I haven't got the foggiest.

ETA: or just do what migpilot said ;(
    either tbh.
    you could get off at colchester town and walk along osbourne street, straight along through st johns street, and then down crouch street, where it is just behind. Its on the first half of crouch street, before the underpass, on the side of the road where there is a bike shop, and you just nip round the back there and its in Falkland house (i know cos thats where my solicitor is)
    If you were coming in from north station, you could either just walk up north hill, up Head street and then turn right into crouch street. Neither train station is that convenient for it though tbh.

Other solution is to just get into north station and get a taxi asking for the county court on southway. :)
    If he's walking up Head Street, it would (surely) be easier to get the bus, which stops outside the Odeon...

(you want the 70, Graeme, if you choose to do it that way, it leaves every hour on the hour from Fairfield Road, outside the library).
    they have buses in Braintree?
    Ill prob do what Migpilot said, seems very easy and I am very skint so no taxi lol..

Thanks guys n girls.

Yes, they got buses in braintree but I am not in braintree, it would mean going into braintree to get a bus to colchester (take longer aswell)
    tell me youre not getting the bus from scotland to colchester?
    cant they post it to you?
    It would be cheaper, tbh. £4.20 return. I dunno how much the train is because the National Rail site is being slow, but it's probably a lot more, for what, let's be honest, isn't that much less time spent. By the time you've got there and walked to the place, it'll be about the same as if you'd got the bus anyway.
    How did you think I got to college :p?
    Franki wrote:
    It would be cheaper, tbh. £4.20 return. I dunno how much the train is because the National Rail site is being slow, but it's probably a lot more, for what, let's be honest, isn't that much less time spent. By the time you've got there and walked to the place, it'll be about the same as if you'd got the bus anyway.
    :yes: tbh. If theres a bus that goes directly to Head street, or even crouch street, then id go for that. Much easier. Colchesters a bit of a weird town to find your way around unless you know it I think. Im getting there, but i have lived here for the last 26 years.
    Franki wrote:
    How did you think I got to college :p?
    jogged?
    first of SCC, Me and the Missus are in essex for the summer,

The train is cheaper as I only get it from witham it's £5.20 if I went to braintree, and got the bus its £3.10 to braintree (return) and then the price of the bus.
    cant they post it to you?
    They "can" but it takes ages and since I need it asap I thought I'd go pick it up
    Hellfire wrote:
    The train is cheaper as I only get it from witham it's £5.20 if I went to braintree, and got the bus its £3.10 to braintree (return) and then the price of the bus.
    Or you could bunk the train...(not that I'm condoning that or anything...)
    if you bunk the train, then you have to transfer to colchester town, cos they have barriers at North, but at town you can just walk out.

Not that id condone it either.

Do you want me to pick it up and send it to you at all cos im actually going there tommorow- although if i have to pay anything then i retract offer of course.
    Lol its fine, they could've posted it but i needed it yesterday, Me, lolz, brother and his GF drove there :)
    =
    thanks for the offer
    migpilot wrote:
    Colchester Town Station

When you arrive to Colchester Main station you'll transfer to Colchester Town.

When you go out of the station, look right, you'll see a roundabout and a big car park across the road, the Court is about 600 yards from there along Southway, basically at the next roundabout...

So Colchester Town, turn right, walk across the roundabout, straight for half a click and it will be on your right...

You from Ipswich?
    You can't afford train fare of about a fiver, yet you're having a child?
    :lol: Good point.
    yes because A - I dont get paid till fridays (which I have been) and B - I have no money because of the child, most of my money is going into savings.
    Doofay wrote:
    You can't afford train fare of about a fiver, yet you're having a child?

That's alright then, he'll be in practise won't he? Cause when you have babies you never have any money. You might as well just go in the Chemists and hand over your wallet.
    Miffy wrote:
    That's alright then, he'll be in practise won't he? Cause when you have babies you never have any money. You might as well just go in the Chemists and hand over your wallet.
    :lol: :yes:

Poor people are allowed to have babies too believe it or not
    So you're saying that it'd be alright for me to have a baby with my girlfriend even though between us we have fuck all to spend on ourselves each week?

That makes no sense. A lot of thought needs to go into having a baby, especially the financial side. It seems like too many people are having babies safe in the knowledge that the state will fund them through it.
    Doofay wrote:
    So you're saying that it'd be alright for me to have a baby with my girlfriend even though between us we have fuck all to spend on ourselves each week?

That makes no sense. A lot of thought needs to go into having a baby, especially the financial side. It seems like too many people are having babies safe in the knowledge that the state will fund them through it.

That all baby with or without money talk is off topic, I think people have bitched enough at Hellfire and Lolzabeth when they announced their good news...

When you have kids and you don't have money you are entitled to benefits anyway...
    Doofay wrote:

yeah I wouldnt judge you at all if thats what you wanted tbh. Its not up to you whether hellfire and lolzabeth have a baby. Shes pregnant now, theyve already said it was a happy accident, not planned. What the fuck do you expect them to do?
    Moron.
    Subject is long over.
    yeah I wouldnt judge you at all if thats what you wanted tbh. Its not up to you whether hellfire and lolzabeth have a baby. Shes pregnant now, theyve already said it was a happy accident, not planned. What the fuck do you expect them to do?
    Moron.
    Subject is long over.
    Jesus christ your argument is so nonsensical. You call me a moron, but you're the one whos just argued that its fine for people who know full well they can't afford a child to have one. Also pretty ironic that in the first line you talk about not being judgemental, and on the third line you call me a moron. Your argument is obviously so perfect that you had to opt for personally insulting me.
    i just couldnt believe youd tried to resurrect the old argument on whether hellfire and lolzabeth deserved to have their baby or not.
    Do you suggest they abort it or something even though they desperatly love and want it already?
    anyway - over. You shouldnt have started it.
    i just couldnt believe youd tried to resurrect the old argument on whether hellfire and lolzabeth deserved to have their baby or not.
    Do you suggest they abort it or something even though they desperatly love and want it already?
    anyway - over. You shouldnt have started it.
    Tbh.