Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Most difficult situation...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yea, well I have said to her it cant carry on, I don't care if Im being selfish anymore, if things get stupid again and I get unhappy then thats it. Thanks for your wellwishing, I'm just gonna get a bit of rest now, and hope things start to take a turn for the better. BUT I know everyone can be a bit naive when it comes to love - I've taken what everyones said to heart and definately am not putting up with being messed about anymore. She's talking to him soon I think, I said to her I'm not going to dictate what she does, as she has to do it herself.
  • Options
    i find it strange that shes "suddenly realised he sees her more than just a friend". oh come on. is anyone really that stupid or naive? from everything thats happened with this guy? also, i doubt his texts would suddenly turn all lovey dovey. that must have been some sort of progression. and 'knight' sounds like a nickname.. maybe she called him her knight in shining armour one time.

it all stinks something rotten and i feel sorry for you because you're obviously in love and would rather listen to her excuses than break up.
  • Options
    I agree with everything that's been said, and the guy crying and her crying makes everything seem extra dodgy..

You're being a bit soft in my oppinion, and if it was me i'd have really strong words with the guy and the girlfriend!
  • Options
    I know I've said this before, but you deserve someone much better. I can't add much more to what the others have said. I believe you have been EXTREMELY patient with this girl, much much more than she deserves. If I were in your situation I'd break up. As much as it hurts, it'll be better in the long run, because it'll give you the opportunity to be with someone who loves you back. You shouldn't settle for anything less.

Take care, and the best of luck. :heart:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i find it strange that shes "suddenly realised he sees her more than just a friend". oh come on. is anyone really that stupid or naive? from everything thats happened with this guy? also, i doubt his texts would suddenly turn all lovey dovey. that must have been some sort of progression. and 'knight' sounds like a nickname.. maybe she called him her knight in shining armour one time.

it all stinks something rotten and i feel sorry for you because you're obviously in love and would rather listen to her excuses than break up.

Nah, he's got an online name 'Paladus' as well, for online games, and he calls himself that too. He's a bit weird in that respect. Wehn they frist started talking, he used to tell her he wrote stories about himself as a knight, and she'd make a good heroin / princess, and she joked and called him her hero. Reaaaaaallly got to me, but she's shown me the texts she's sent him, and I think his sudden 'lovedness' is down to the fact that they've got closer the past few days, but it seems apparent to him that they're not going to get any closer.

I know it stinks, and I've been very careful in making sure I'm not being lied to. But, from the evidence she showed me (texts from each of them, etc.) then I believe her, of course she speaks to him online as well and I don't know what she said there, but I can only presume they were the same line as texts (she just texts back saying 'hope you're ok x luv [xxx]'.

To be fair, the guy is the obsessive kind, but I do think she did encourage him, which is wehre a lot of the problems stem from. Just joking with him about calling him her hero (and this was months ago) still lingers in his memory, he still thinks she means it.

Shes told me he sent her some more texts and shes going to show me the dialogue today, so if nothing else, she's being open about it.

To the other comment: what I meant about her realising he fancied her - well she has known, but now he seems completely obsessed, to the extent where he knows hes putting tension on our relationship but doesn't mind, and he seems a bit fake, and just wanting to go out with her. I suppose she's one of those girls who thinks she can change people, she can get through to the nice guy in him who always worries about her as a friend - but I'm sure he's only that nice because he's completely smitten with her.

Stepping carefully now though, because I cant/wont take anymore. It's weird, if it was anybody else, I would have dumped them long ago, but before we went out we were best friends, and our 'bond' so to speak goes deeper than a relationship, which I suppose in a way is why I've tried extra hard. BUT if theres no point trying anymore, then I'll just have to move on. I told her this, and said because we've been good friends, then I would hope we could stay friends, as we're a large part of each others lives, it would be weird without each other.

That might be awkard though... will just have to see how things pan out.

Thankyou everyone, getting support on here, or on my livejournal, or by PM, really does mean a lot to me, one of my other 'best' friends was a bit of a cow when I talked to her about it and just started going on about how much of a twat her boyfriend (my best friend) was - even though he's amazing to her (he had gone out with his friend, for the first time in a few months - big deal!).
  • Options
    Shes told me he sent her some more texts and shes going to show me the dialogue today, so if nothing else, she's being open about it.

Either that or she has TOLD him to send her some texts that she can reply to, and then show you, to divert suspicion from whatever they're up to?
  • Options
    sorry, i still think she's a bit of a prick tease, i reckon she's enjoying his attention but is pretenting to be naive about it
  • Options
    . She went into town with her friends, and he came along too (heh, only boy there), and stuck to her like glue. She left town, and again, he followed her, she picked up her bag and started crying. He felt this was because of the stress.

what? he followed her? she could've told him to go away in fairness. sorry and all but i think you need to stop seeing the good in your girlfriend.
  • Options
    It sounds like you're both going round in circles. I think the best thing to do is end it now. If you keep carrying on, you're going to get more hurt. You deserve better.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Either that or she has TOLD him to send her some texts that she can reply to, and then show you, to divert suspicion from whatever they're up to?

Yea, that's a possibility. Might be a bit far fetched though. :chin:
  • Options
    Yea, that's a possibility. Might be a bit far fetched though. :chin:

ahh the wicked world of paranoia
  • Options
    ahh the wicked world of paranoia

Tell me about it. I've contemplated the idea that at times there were code signals that meant I was around, so nothing bad please. (i.e. when I was sitting with her on MSN). But she's coming over mine tonight, which should be nice.
  • Options
    Tell me about it. I've contemplated the idea that at times there were code signals that meant I was around, so nothing bad please. (i.e. when I was sitting with her on MSN). But she's coming over mine tonight, which should be nice.

play it cool
  • Options
    So, how are you shyboy?

Hope you're OK...