Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Most difficult situation...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you ever been in a situation where you felt like your partner cared about someone more? Evne if they said they didn't, their actions seemed to say something different. They go round and see them one on one, 4 days in a row, whilst saying to you they miss you and wish they could see you, but when you turn up at their house by surprise, they don't seem thrilled, and when you try to be spontaneous and ask them to come see you, they say they can't - they're busy.

But they still tell you they love you, so how can you consider walking away? Your room, phone, wallet, computer is full of pictures of them, and happy times you shared together. How can you walk away when they say to you, 'I love you'. But then, you're not really happy, because it seems they're not interested any more. By their own admission, they feel more special, more prized, with their new friend, than they do with you.

I wish it wasn't me in this situation, because I really don't know what to do. :(

Comments

• Options
    Actions speak louder than words. Words are easy. It's easy to say I love you for all sorts of reasons other than because you love someone.

When the time is right for you you'll know what to do.
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Actions speak louder than words. Words are easy. It's easy to say I love you for all sorts of reasons other than because you love someone.

When the time is right for you you'll know what to do.

:(

I need a hug. Why is it that when things get you down, its then you find theres nobody aroud you to be there for you. It annoys me more, because she's ben naive about this person. He's waiting for us to break up so he can move in, but she just seems him as a supportive friend. With 'supportive' cuddles.

I feel a tad sick. Will have to wait till 3 because she's going out with her friends to have lunch. Mums not much use, she just goes 'call it a day then', and, I just need to work things through in my mind. Although, by her manner this morning, I wouldn't be surprised if she does it herself this evening.
  • Options
    Aww, it's crap isn't it? There's not much I can tell you really that won't sound like stupid cliches and platitudes. It's just something we all have to go through.
  • Options
    I mean, im gonna talk to her first. I feel so shittt though. :( it might just be paranoia, but she's not replying to any of my texts now, i rang her and she just said she couldnt talk, and then 'bye'. she used to always say 'love you'
  • Options
    Definately have it out with her. Get it all out of the open. Tell her how you feel, be as calm as possible, if you feel like being emotion, let it out... the more powerful you sound, the more she will realise how you feel about the situation.

She should rightly put you first, not second. That's what i would expect from a relationship.

Like someone else said... if she doesn't change.... you'll know what to do.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I mean, im gonna talk to her first. I feel so shittt though. :( it might just be paranoia, but she's not replying to any of my texts now, i rang her and she just said she couldnt talk, and then 'bye'. she used to always say 'love you'
    Aww no matey. Go to her house if it's possible and tell her you want to talk immediately. Best of luck.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Aww no matey. Go to her house if it's possible and tell her you want to talk immediately. Best of luck.

Well she's at college at the moment, then she's going out to lunch with her friends, then she's coming to mine. So nothing I can do but wait.
  • Options
    Well she's at college at the moment, then she's going out to lunch with her friends, then she's coming to mine. So nothing I can do but wait.
    I'd be a bit pissed off with her going to see her friends first quite frankly!

At least you're going to see her, remember get everything out of your system, you might be disappointed with her reaction as she probably thinks she isn't doing anything wrong, which she clearly is. You know how you feel, so tell her, the more you lock it up, it'll just get worse and nothing will change... actually you'll end up splitting up and you don't want that.
  • Options
    sorry to be a blunt pal, but there have been quite a few threads about your relationship over the past few weeks, i think it might be time to consider it a day. you obviously care more about her than she does about you! its a shame man.

You need to tell her that if she doesnt sort it out its not gonna work, need to be firm. in my opinion she's walking all over you at the moment, spends more time with this other guy and has you to fall back on when it pleases her.

saying "i love you" is easy...i wouldnt always take it as gospel unless you can feel the love!

you may love this girl, but i think you need to wise up before you end up more hurt!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

saying "i love you" is easy...i wouldnt always take it as gospel unless you can feel the love!

you may love this girl, but i think you need to wise up before you end up more hurt!
    Correct here.

Love means nothing when just spoken in words... it has to be practised. We all have our own ideas of how love should be but there are general principles... going and seeing other guys and other people while you're upset isn't one of them mate. Stick up for your self, be 100% defiant with what you're sayiong, do not let her walk all over you. You're a decent lad, is she a decent girl?
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    sorry to be a blunt pal, but there have been quite a few threads about your relationship over the past few weeks, i think it might be time to consider it a day. you obviously care more about her than she does about you! its a shame man.

You need to tell her that if she doesnt sort it out its not gonna work, need to be firm. in my opinion she's walking all over you at the moment, spends more time with this other guy and has you to fall back on when it pleases her.

:yes: agreed
  • Options
    Thing is, we spoke last night about it, and he texted her in the middle checking how things were (i.e. if i'd dumped her). He's not even subtle. My girlfriend was scared to read it incase he said something else.

But yea, we talked last night and things seemed to be headed in the right-ish directino, but I texted her this morning and she texted me back, we were texting and then she stopped... I rang her and she said she couldn't talk, bye. Then I sent her the odd one or two texts after but it's like shes just ignoring me now.

It's difficult because if I ever talk to her about it, she says 'sorry, I just want you to be happy, tell me what you want me to do', and she doesn't get that it's not any one thing, it's the whole general, she doesn't seem that interested any more. Things will be ok by the end of a 'talk', but then straightaway after she goes off me again. Maybe I've been looking through rose tinted glasses, because it seems fairly obvious we dont want the same things. But she makes me believe she does every time we talk.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

That deserves a round of applause, I agree completely.

You definitely do need to be firm, lay your problems and concerns on the line and she what she comes back at you with. It might seem strange to promote selfishness but this girl seems to be ripping you [and your relationship] apart and you need to take steps to protect your own heart. I think she's only going to hurt you more, the longer you let this thing drag out. But obviously only you know if it's worth fighting for, when it comes down to it.

Best of luck with it all mate.
  • Options
    Humm...

You need to talk to her again, today, face to face, tell her your upset.. and tlel her why and then tell her how she can make you feel better.Then ask her if she has any issues and agree on something. Then tell her I don't want all this happening again as it hurts me. If she isn't up for the challenge she welll... you know.
  • Options
    I just texted one of her/our friends to see if she could check everything was ok, as its not normal for her to just blank me.... yet they're not replying either.
  • Options
    I just texted one of her/our friends to see if she could check everything was ok, as its not normal for her to just blank me.... yet they're not replying either.
    There may be a genuine reason... or they may all be ignoring you deliberately... I hate that. When you do eventually talk to her... tell her to keep the mates out of it.
  • Options
    you need to calm down a bit, she's only with mates. Lay off texting her till you see her.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    you need to calm down a bit, she's only with mates. Lay off texting her till you see her.

Well I texted her twice, then her friend once, so wasn't harassing her with text messages. Went and spoke to her for 20 minutes between her lessons, she said to this guy last night she didn't want a relationship with him and needed space, he saw her today and started crying. She said she hates the position she's in because he's supposed to be her friend but is trying to 'best' me, so to speak. She said she's fed up of the both of us, which I can appreciate, but she's coming over later so we can chill out a bit and talk, I think we've both ben getting exceptionally stressed.

IMO, he's being unfair, but she is giving him the wrong signals by trying to be his best friend, when it's obvious that's not what he wants. Mums taking me out for a Pizza Hut buffet lunch to make me :) though.

If things dont go so well, then I'll err dunno. Haven't thought anything through yet. But I will talk with her.
  • Options
    Went and spoke to her for 20 minutes between her lessons, she said to this guy last night she didn't want a relationship with him and needed space, he saw her today and started crying. She said she hates the position she's in because he's supposed to be her friend but is trying to 'best' me, so to speak. She said she's fed up of the both of us, which I can appreciate, but she's coming over later so we can chill out a bit and talk, I think we've both ben getting exceptionally stressed.

seriously man, i think you need to finish this one.

she's obviously trying to get the best of both worlds..

by telling him she doesnt want a relationship surely that means that they are close close, rather than friend close...

i would never say "i dont want a relationship" to my female friends, that would just be too weird...i would hope they would respond with "what the hell you on about.."

why is she fed up with the both of you? its u who should be fed up of her playing you for a fool.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

by telling him she doesnt want a relationship surely that means that they are close close, rather than friend close...

i would never say "i dont want a relationship" to my female friends, that would just be too weird...i would hope they would respond with "what the hell you on about.."

why is she fed up with the both of you? its u who should be fed up of her playing you for a fool.

:yes:

I know it's gonna be hard and you've got a lot of history together, but it sounds like your relationship has reached its natural expiry date and the longer you stick around, the more it's going to hurt when it ends, especially as she appears to be treating you like a pile of doggy poo. That's not what you do to someone you love.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if she's being honest with you about this other guy. It sounds like she's just playing you off against each other. And I'd be very surprised if she's as naive as she'd have you believe. Sounds to me like she knows exactly what she's doing, and has the both of you wrapped around her little finger.

I've said it before, but I've never meant it so much - you are a nice, genuine guy and you deserve so much better than being dicked about by this girl.
  • Options
    an ex did the same to me but I was too retarded to notice. This was many years ago when I was 16/17 and to be honest I should have told her where to go but I didnt. I liked her more than she liked me, anyway we broke up and I ended up going with another girl who cared more for me than my other ex evercould. We had a fantastic 3 year relationship but we unfortunatly broke up last october but im single and happy at the moment. Although I do have my days when I do get depressed about it but heres hoping it works out for you
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

:yes: its not the first time shes toyed with another guy is it? I hope its not the same one? She looks like she wants the best of both worlds...she's bored so she wants to explore - but she wants security.
    I agree with kaff, she isn't as naive as she makes out. She's bored and messing about, you're frustrated - talks never change anything. I'd say it's time to go your own ways.
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAD THAT EXACT SAME PROBLEM!! Well it turns out that we're better off as friends because now i dont need think that im 2nd best so i think your really better off without her dude!! Tell her how u feel and see if things change, if they dont get the hell out of the relationship!!
  • Options
    how'd it go this afternoon?
  • Options
    Feel for ya mate. Sorry your having a shit time and i guess the last thing you want to think about is ending it. Just really think about it, sit down, think about it. Do whats best for you i guess, even though it could hurt.

Hope your doing alright. Good luck.
  • Options
    Well she came round and we had a good talk. It's a bit weird, but I'll try to go through it. She's only really wanted to be friends with him, really. They've become close friends and at times she wondered if 'too' close. He's made moves on her before, and she backed right off, but then they built up trust again.

I've been suspicious all the while he's been pretending to be 'happy' she's with me, and is actually trying to steal her, since he's made far too many mistakes, accidentally kissing her, etc. etc. (she didn't kiss him back). I'm not quite sure why she stuck it out and stayed friends with him, but it's that classic girl routine - he is a good friend underneath, if I can just get through to that he'll stop loving me.

Well today, she saw him, and after saying she needed space from him, he was crying. She went into town with her friends, and he came along too (heh, only boy there), and stuck to her like glue. She left town, and again, he followed her, she picked up her bag and started crying. He felt this was because of the stress.

When she got to my house we spoke about everything. She's actually been a bit off today because last night he was sending her rather peculiar text messages. This was after we very narrowly avoided breaking up, he was saying he was dissappointed because he wanted to be her partner. We spoke about it, and she said she didn't like the situation she was in, but underneath she wanted to be friends, because he does listen to her. Whether that's because he cares or is just a ploy, who knows.

Just a sample text (from memory) that he sent her this afternoon (it was literally harassment, he wouldnt stop :p):
    I will always love you [xxx], you will always be my angel, and I will be here for you no matter what. x x x Yours forever, love your knight x x x

(he thinks hes a big romantic knight or something)

Whilst it was almost funny how weird this boy is, it was unnerving my girlfriend. In a test of blind faith I suppose, I've said, I trust her to deal with this, because she knows how I feel about him, and if I'm still unhappy then there's not much point carrying on. But the main achievement really was her realising that he didn't see her as a friend at all, but wanted to be her boyfriend, and she kind of turned sour about him. I said to her, whatever happens now is critical, and the only way we can do it is if we do it together, so if she's being two faced, or keeping things from me, then that's it.

But we did leave on a good note. We both got things out into the open, and I think now I realise why it's been awkard for her. If I was in that situation, I would just say plainly 'I'm not interested' - but I think she does care about this boy in a platonic way and genuinely wanted to be good friends with him. But it appears that can't be so.

But aside from today, I personally can't take any more of the grief, so if there's anything else now then I will just have to walk away. But when she seems to have realised whats been happening, it could be a turning point, and I feel compelled to give us a chance. To be fair, I didn't think I would be saying this, it's come as a surprise really, I thought it was going to be me or her, but I suppose there's something to be said for explanations and being open with each other, because otherwise things appear other than they should.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I know you have to do what your heart is telling you and all, but something stinks here, IMHO. Hate to say it but I still think she's spinning you a line. What you've said just doesn't ring true and it doesn't add up.
  • Options
    I hate to say it too, but I agree with Miffy. Reading about her groping the other guy then saying the things you wrote, I just can't see a good side. Your a good guy shyboy, you deserve somebody so good, somebody who treats you right and doesn't have to explain everything they do to make them sound better.
    Take care shy.
  • Options
    is the same pathetic guy as last time
    all she needs to do is tell him to back off sharpish and if he carries on being a puppy dog, then she can't be friends with him
    i don't see why shes letting it carry on, its not fair on you or him