Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crying after Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I was wondering have you ( you or your partner) ever cried after sex? Not out of pain or anything of that sort but just being over come by emontion.

I ask because after sex with my boyfriend I would cry alot he was super sweet about it and would always comfort me, but I thought/think it was/is strange. I haven't done it lately though I will sometimes have the urge and I was just wondering is anyone else has had this happen.

Comments

• Options
    Nope never, smile yeah, cry never....
  • Options
    what sort of crying? happy crying or sad crying?
  • Options
    I went through this for a while. every time after i had sex with my b/f (now ex b/f), I would get all teary. and it wasnt really happy or sad crying, just kind of emotional crying. really weird. I held it in though because he never would have understood if i was crying.
  • Options
    Hahaha, sorry I am no help but that's so odd.

Why would you cry?!!! Honestly, I'd run a mile if someone I'd just shagged cried.
  • Options
    A girl I went out with about 4 years ago used to cry with emotion after sex - but she was a dead clingy wierdo type, to be avoided at all costs!
  • Options
    I have cried after sex with my boyfried, as I felt so happy and loved. It was a very emontional day for both of us , as it was our 1 year anniversary and he was telling how much he loved me and that I was the best thing that had ever happen to him.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

Why would you cry?!!! Honestly, I'd run a mile if someone I'd just shagged cried.
    :yes: Same here.

I've cried in front of a guy before because I didn't understand why he was treating me so nicely but never after sex!!!
  • Options
    I've burst into tears of joy after sex once before, not all that long ago actually; but what can I say? It was pretty damn good... and I'm an extremely emotional and batshit crazy kinda gal at times ;)

I used to sometimes feel very down after sex when I was younger as a result of various things in the past and related crap, and while I pretty often felt like weeping I would always keep it bottled up for fear of "scaring" the fella in question. Now I cry/scream/laugh hysterically whenever I damn well please - and to hell with what anyone else thinks. Though luckily I don't feel the need anymore.

I don't think there's anything particularly strange about it, unless you start sobbing every single time you're done. Would probably start to ruin the afterglow, and there's nothing quite as bad as raining on a man's parade when he thinks he's just done his best work :p
  • Options
    guess I'm just strange or maybe it is the combonation of factors that occur when I have sex but sometimes. I find so sex to be so filled with emontions (not happy or sad) that afterward I just cuddle with my boyfriend and cry a little. He doesnt mind but guess it is strange after all
  • Options
    I don't full on weep, but I do find I get a bit choked up most times. Who knows why? It's the same feeling for me as when you're watching a film and everything turns out right in the end. Just a bit of a rush, and then you're like 'ooh, I could cry'.
  • Options
    hm, im usually too mellow and tired after sex to be really emotional
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    I don't full on weep, but I do find I get a bit choked up most times. Who knows why? It's the same feeling for me as when you're watching a film and everything turns out right in the end. Just a bit of a rush, and then you're like 'ooh, I could cry'.

Same here but it's not most just sometimes.
    I don't think you are weird, it happens to some people. As long as you and bf are ok with it then all is good.
  • Options
    After sex once, I shed a tear in happiness. I don't quite understand how sex could have triggered it. Maybe it was something else in my life at the time.
  • Options
    i've only cried once and it was because it was the last time i would have sex with that boyfriend coz we were breaking up. and even though it was my decision i was still sad.

i can't imagine crying after sex any other time though.
  • Options
    You don't sit there and think i'm gonna cry, it is just an overwhelming feeling you can get which triggers the crying.
    Just because it doesn't happen to everyone doesn't make people it does happen to weird.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

same here. :eek2:

i'd be like wow was i that good? ;)
  • Options
    1983 wrote:

Yeah, I'd never have sex with that person agai if they started blubbering, and I'd not have sex again myself if I did, well I'd just have to die, tbh if I did.
  • Options
    Only after they found out that the cheque had bounced :o
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:

:lol:
  • Options
    Hi Blairx0,

I think that this is something that is completely unique and personal to you as an individual. Although it is helpful to hear what other people have experienced, your experience will be something that only you can understand.
    It doesn't make you odd to have cried after something so intense and emotional, everyone shows their feelings differently, and maybe crying was just your way of showing how you felt, whether it was a happy or sad emotion is something only you know.

Rebekah
  • Options
    Yup i have. Infact we both have at one point or another.
  • Options
    I've got to say I'd run a mile if I knew a girl was prone to crying after sex. To me that sounds just a little too close to instability...
  • Options
    Sometimes when its an emotional journey type thing, you cant help but cry during/afterwards. Its nothing stupid nor is it anything to be ashamed of. You dont think half way through ''oh, im going to cry now'' it just happens. Most of the time its unexpected. Definetely nothing to be ashamed of though
  • Options
    I can see how people might share a sentimental moment afterwards.

Not proper crying though :no:
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:

and
    rachie004 wrote:
    The only time I've ever wanted to cry after sex is through sheer disappointment...

"is that IT?"

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Rebekah wrote:
    Hi Blairx0,

I think that this is something that is completely unique and personal to you as an individual. Although it is helpful to hear what other people have experienced, your experience will be something that only you can understand.
    It doesn't make you odd to have cried after something so intense and emotional, everyone shows their feelings differently, and maybe crying was just your way of showing how you felt, whether it was a happy or sad emotion is something only you know.

Rebekah

Not only is this the most professional post I have read but I also agree. I was just seeingif it was terrbily uncommon. But either way i don't care to much he understands and I feel comfortable enough to do it so sometimes I do. And sometimes when I orgasm i tear up so prephas I just enjoying crying
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    The only time I've ever wanted to cry after sex is through sheer disappointment...

"is that IT?"

:blush: Happened to me once or twice. I wanted it to be long and good sex. Two minutes later, it was over. I didnt sob my heart out, just a little teary.

BlairxO, I know what you mean. Its happened a few times for me, because its either just so good, or i'm overcome with emotion, that this guy loves me etc... or both. hehe
  • Options
    Haven't ever cried- just want to be held, hugged and kissed. He usually wants to sleep though :( So I end up just laying there, hugging his side whilst he's asleep.
  • Options
    Samzi wrote:
    Sometimes when its an emotional journey type thing, you cant help but cry during/afterwards. Its nothing stupid nor is it anything to be ashamed of. You dont think half way through ''oh, im going to cry now'' it just happens. Most of the time its unexpected. Definetely nothing to be ashamed of though

Sorry but to me that sound like someone who has out-of-control emotions, and they tend to worry me as you never know what their emotions will 'make' them do next.
  • Options
    I think I have

But only when drunk :blush: