Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Mail vs The BBC

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is regarding Camerons appearance on Ross on Friday. The daily mail are outraged for some reason. Justified or are they just humorless cunts? Cameron surely knew what he was in for! I think the latter obviously.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=392348&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Comments

• Options
    Humourless cunts.

Fuck the Daily Mail group and their selective righteousness.
  • Options
    The Mail newspapers were staunch supporters of Margaret Thatcher, and if they feel it was offensive, that is fair enough. I think they exaggerate somewhat. The BBC has it in for her, apparently. The BBC has far better things to do than that, like maintaining its domination of the Internet, and whinging about how poor it is before putting its World Cup staff in five star hotels in Germany.

I'm amazed they haven't yet published an article about some of the things Aladdin's said about her. You can just see their comment on that, can't you? ;)
  • Options
    I'm sorry, are we trying to say the comments of a siingle person on a single programme represent the views of the BBC at large?

Please... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm sorry, are we trying to say the comments of a single person on a single programme represent the views of the BBC at large?
    This isn't a sole instance. A few weeks ago, the Daily Mail ran an article about a TV show in which Margaret Thatcher was lampooned as some kind of idiot. It was pointed out at the end of the report that she featured in the show for about ten seconds. Yeah, that certainly reflects the BBC's views on Mrs T. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    'But did you or did you not have a **** thinking "Margaret Thatcher"?'

would you really?
    any thatcher fanciers out there?

the programme is about making fun of things and should be taken as such. i think the editor had a newspaper up his arse today! (unlike every other day:chin: )
  • Options
    the programme is about making fun of things and should be taken as such. i think the editor had a newspaper up his arse today! (unlike every other day:chin: )
    I just wonder what the editors of the Daily Mail/The Mail on Sunday (I suspect they're both actually the same person, you probably never see them both at the same time) had up their arses when they decided to run this story.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :lol:

Honestly. What a bunch of twats...
  • Options
    hehe, I like Jonathan Woss, and I hate the daily mail :)
  • Options
    It wasn't just the Daily Mail. The Observer said Ross 'crossed a line.' I don't really care but then I don't think Ross is particularly funny.

Tbh I've always thought Ross is a cocky twat. And his £18m contract certainly takes the piss. But then I don't pay the TV license yet, although even when I move out I don't think I'll bother paying for one.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thief!

:p
  • Options
    Ross is an idiot, stupid questions he asked cameron.

Leave Thatcher alone!
  • Options
    Its kind of sexist if you ask me. He wouldn't have dreamt about asking anyone if they wanked over Harold Wilson. Thatcher's sex should be irrelevant, she either did a good job or she didn't. Her gender is pretty irrelevant to that.
  • Options
    Acidic sense of humour has always being a British trait. Ross' comments weren't any worse than what can be heard on Have I Got News for You every week.

The Mail is just trying to stir up a storm out of absolutely nothing. Big deal.

And incidentally, a few old guard Tories had said or suggested they had the hots for Thatcher over the years- most notably Alan Clark, who would go on about how sexy Maggie's ankles were ( :yuck: x 94,000,000)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Acidic sense of humour has always being a British trait. Ross' comments weren't any worse than what can be heard on Have I Got News for You every week.

The Mail is just trying to stir up a storm out of absolutely nothing. Big deal.

And incidentally, a few old guard Tories had said or suggested they had the hots for Thatcher over the years- most notably Alan Clark, who would go on about how sexy Maggie's ankles were ( :yuck: x 94,000,000)
    She's turn me straight.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    She's turn me straight.
    ROFL:lol:
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    She's turn me straight.

roflanim.gifroflanim.gifroflanim.gifroflanim.gifroflanim.gifroflanim.gifroflanim.gif
  • Options
    yah! :yippe: :)