Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Verbal, written warning at work help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here is my situation where I work there are 6-7 mangers and one always stands at the exit door 1 hour before the finishing time so no one leaves early and it is a busy time

Anyway I had my radio on (WC2006 match) and heard the commentator say goal of the world cup and being a huge footy fan I wanted to see the goal. So I quickly asked the manger standing by the door can I just go past (exit door to the canteen where the TV is) I will be one min he asked me what area I worked and that next time I should let my manger know I said fine I’ll only be a min anyway. I went to the canteen next min I know (50sec later) my manger is their Saying I am missing from point of duty at a critical time and that I am going to get a letter (I assume it is a written warning)

My question is do I have a case to appeal against this warning and make sure it doesn’t go on my record I mean it seem to me the manger at the door let me go through just so he can call his friend and say you have a worker missing from your work station, basically shop me I would have just preferred getting a verbal warning saying don’t do it again son, on your way

Comments

• Options
    So your defence against your warning would be that, during your working hours, you were listening to the world cup on the radio and then decided to go take a gander at the tv to watch a goal, but it's ok because a manager on a door who's not really anything to do with you let you pass?
  • Options
    well the radio was on for everyone to listen to even so i thot verbal comes before written
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It might be a letter inviting you to a meeting to discuss stuff.
  • Options
    does any1 know a warning stays on your record?
  • Options
    well clearly it depends on your employers policy on warnings etc.

at my work you get verbal, written and then something or other.

look at your contract or handbook.

and no i don't think you have a case. the man suggested that you speak to your manager and you didn't.