Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

first job!!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've been at tesco 4 and a half years. the young people starting now make me feel soooo old. we can't do anything anymore, for example we can't do voids on the till (like if we scan something twice by mistake or if the customer changes their mind). if we want a void doing we have to press a little buzzer on a keypad and the section managers/team leaders (who are meant to be wearing a little headset but invariably they don't work or they have them around their neck) come and do it (with their password. i remembered one of them but then she changed it!). a few times now i've had to get off my checkout and go to customer service desk to put a call out for them to come to my till as they're no where to be seen! and all because if they have too many voids then it can count as mislaid items or something/a loss. and lately they seem to be putting out sooooo many first class service calls (when the checkouts a busy, staff off other depts are meant to come and help) it's ridiculous. i feel sorry for the other depts, they have stuff to do too!

it's a joke i tell you, a joke!

Dya know what, it's really weird reading that because ours is going almost exactly the same way! There'll be callouts for relief cashiers within half an hour of opening most days, even when there's barely any customers in!

And, we can now no longer take any more than 25% off the price of anything - managers and supervisors used to be able to take things to half price, but now we have to get a senior manager's password, which takes even longer and usually means there's more to waste at the end of a night because they've not been reduced enough in the day.

It's mental. Bloody supermarkets. :|