Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

us terrorist attack thwarted.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone heard?
i only caught a bit on radio.
attacking the sears building in chicago.
...and they are all white christian americans ...
anyone know any more?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I havent heard anything about it, only about the one here in the uk.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/F923DDCA-4EA2-4AE9-AE50-D25B10E348F3.htm

For fucks sake people. :p it takes me and my Al Jazeera sprre to find it :D
    Nah, members of some sort of cult it seems.

I guess we should be pleased that the plan was foiled, but I can't get too worked up about it. Apparently they had no actual masterplan, more a general aspiration to blow something up.
    Yeah, right. Like the alleged "thwarted" attack on the LA skyscraper that was proclaimed by Bush last year (although supposedly having been a couple years previous) which turned out to be completely bogus.

People, wake up and smell the desperate electioneering PR the GOP is rolling out to claw back whatever public popularity they can ahead of the November Congressional elections. Notwithstanding the zero credibility factor of this repeatedly exposed administration of liars and corrupt con artists, this "thwarted terrorist" boogeyman nonsense has gotten so thick you could cut it with a knife and spread it on your morning toast.

No news here, just more "manufactured consent" for the non-critical and gullibly-minded masses.
    anyone heard?
    i only caught a bit on radio.
    attacking the sears building in chicago.
    anyone know any more?

It was on the news here.
    I don't understand why it had to be though.
    Surely it would worry the people of Chicago.
    So it seems the only reason to release the news is to gain support of the people for doing a "good job".
    I might be wrong.
    It sounds to me as if these people thought they were being recruited by Al Qaida operatives to carry out an attack.

That is quite different from saying they had arrested a group of people who were already planning an attack, and more importantly had the means to do it.

Bit of a non-story.
    I still havent heard anything about this except for here on these boards!
    What a lame story it must be...
    Thank you, i had a read of them!

Sounds like bollocks to me, doubt they will successfully prosecute many of the "gang".
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/F923DDCA-4EA2-4AE9-AE50-D25B10E348F3.htm

For fucks sake people. :p it takes me and my Al Jazeera sprre to find it :D
    Al-Jazeera is probably the first website that opens when you go on the Internet on your computer. :p

I don't know what to make of the story. Interesting, no doubt, but true, I question it.
    has this stiry dissapeared cos i canna find sod all about it?
    if has dissapeared ...it MUST be news worthy.
    No MR, the guys were nothing but another case of desperate Bush admin over inflated nonsense. A group of homeless wannabees with big mouths who got taken for a ride by an over zealous FBI agent who conned them into pursuing their "lets play revolutionary" delusions and then sacrificed them for much needed GOP campign platform points in the press.

All they ever got was free boots. No news here but what the Rovian spin machine has made of it. Poor silly sods.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    has this stiry dissapeared cos i canna find sod all about it?
    if has dissapeared ...it MUST be news worthy.
    I found it already, read my link!
    The trouble with 24 hour news and spin is that they'll be a big hullaboo about people being arrested and then nothing when they're quietly released without charge twenty four hours later.

As a rule of thumb is best to treat rumours of a specific terrorist conspiracy as not true until they court and you can start to hear the evidence.