Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

SHITE results

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
    Just thought I'd let you all know that I went to my course leader and I've had a bit of good news.

I got evidence from my doctor about my panic attacks and because of this, I now get to sit in a separate room for all of my exams. I also get 25% longer because of my panic attacks.

Also, due to my panic attack, hopefully (not guaranteed, not just yet), the resit I take next month will be my first sit so I will keep all the marks I get.

Just thought I'd let you all know. Thanks for all your help, tis appreciated :)

ETA: Just realised I didn't tell you guys that I had apanic attack in one of my exams, but like, yeah I did and ran out hence one of the fails :p
    i wish i'd gotten longer for english and history then i could have finished them properly
    wish i'd thought of doing that cause of my panic attacks
    Not sure if you already had the re-sits but good luck for them.

I was in a pretty similar position last year as my 2nd and 3rd year were each worth 50% of the final classification and in my second year I averaged a third (I actually only passed 2.5 out of 4 course units so was only allowed onto my final year due to better results in year one). Also UCL does not allow resits for the majority of courses without repeating the year. Anyway I went into my third year and took my finals in May and I've just heard that I got a 2.1 for my degree overall so I'm really pleased. I just wanted to post this incase anybody else in in the same situation.
    I got an ordinary (so not even a third) on my degree and still managed to do a Master's, though that was a few years later, it's definately possible. The grade is likely to be more important if looking for funding though, as people have already mention.
    You don't get re-sits for the second and third years.

If you have been having emotional trouble and not told anyone then more fool you. I hate to be blunt, but that's how it is. If you are not coping because of health issues- and mental health counts- then you should be getting the dispensation you deserve.

There's no shame in it, I had a nervous breakdown during my dissertation, didn't write a word, and got 65 for it. It meant I got a 2:2 (58, shame they didn't give me a teeny bit more dispensation, but ne'er mind) instead of the fail I was looking at getting at one point.
    Kermit wrote:
    You don't get re-sits for the second and third years.

not at any uni? so if you get less than 40 in a module, you just fail it and thats it?
    Ballerina wrote:
    i wish i'd gotten longer for english and history then i could have finished them properly
    wish i'd thought of doing that cause of my panic attacks

You can resit English in 6th form. I've done that once and got a D again (slightly higher mark this time though) so will have to resit it again.:impissed:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kat_B wrote:
    not at any uni? so if you get less than 40 in a module, you just fail it and thats it?

You can at Edinburgh Uni.

I reckon it is only certain universities.
    At my uni you can't get more than a pass when doing retakes at 2nd or 3rd year, unless you have a legitimate reason for doing the retake.
    Thats a bit fucked up really. Its the same at mine. My girlfriend failed her Latin module (pointless shit it is anyway) and she has to pay a shed load of money just to get a 40. Its a fucking joke.
    Dear Wendy wrote:
    At my uni you can't get more than a pass when doing retakes at 2nd or 3rd year, unless you have a legitimate reason for doing the retake.

yeah, i knew that bit, that if you retake the maximum you can get is 40. i just didnt realise that at some unis you couldnt even retake. i'll have to check out what happens at mine...