Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Constant thinking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a problem that means I think about my problems almost all the time. Sometimes doing things helps but often I can be trapped for hours thinking about every problem non stop from every possible angle and the worst thing is my mind often concludes the worst things are the most likely and this gets me depressed and I almost spiral downwards unable to relax or concentrate.
I try to talk about my problems but it never seems to help, only solving the problem does and I can never seem to solve them. I have a girlfriend who I don't see enough who doesn't make much effort to see me who is going on holiday with one of her friends for a holiday without me. I have a job that is easy and no challenge apart from my work colleagues you most used to be friends before turning on me on the most stupid things and then wanting to be friends again.
I guess I am not kept busy enough, that I need a more active social and work life so I don't have to time to think but I don't and I can't. It feels like everything is going wrong, that I am losing my gf, my future and there is nothing I can do and all I want to be able to do is go a single day without a single obsessive negative thought. I want to be able to truely relax.
Any tips?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When you think, try and put a positive spin on things. I know it's a cliche, but thinking about people more unfortunate than you always helps you see how lucky you really are.
    my boyfrined dos nearly the same thing. He thinks all the time often late into the night just considering different things some of which have yet to happen. And the he comes up with the worse possbile result for the sitiuation and acts accordinly often getting short with me when NOTHING has even happened. I just try to tell himt o relax and give him lots of postive reinforcement like even when he is mad being extra sweet or getting him little gifts or calling moe often just to put his mind at ease. maybe your g/f could do the same
    yeah i feel the same. the last week ive not being sleeping because i cant stop think about things, im tired but cant sleep because my mind wont stop going thru things! perhaps its stress of some sort?
    I try to talk about my problems but it never seems to help, only solving the problem does and I can never seem to solve them.
    being self obsessed is not the answer. everybody has probelms. and as for talking about them... you're just concentrating on them even more then arn't you. you need other distractions in your life - that is the only answer.