Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

itv commentry

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
saying 'oh we've won the game and group'

just as sweden aren't playing and near our goal with a throw on... and guess what, they score

complacency FTW:banghead:

show future england matches on BBC please
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    BBC is equally as shit.

Motson :o
  • Options
    Come on Des...
  • Options
    May it's just perception but historically England don't do as well when the game is broadcast by ITV as when it's shown on BBC.

I'd have all footie shown on Auntie Beeb anyway, as a matter of general principle.
  • Options
    :yippe: Open to ridicule.

But that itv twat just said that the ecuador games is all about the performance? Really, can you not see how thats the comment of an asshole?

You cant take this shit for granted. I admit the whole pub jumped when larrson scored (fucking celtic prick) but partly that was because the itv guy was having england in the qf already.

I dont mind the england team, all sound enough guys, but the media shit really does everybodys fucking crunchy nut in.

Joe cole = in my fantasy team = points
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    All the ITV commentators are wankers. Fact. Clive Tylesly bums Man U all day. Peter Drury can send an insomniac to sleep.

What the fuck where they thinking with Gareth fucking Southgate as a co-commentator?!
  • Options
    Most of them are pretty naff to be honest.

On the BBC website it amusingly said "England are destined never to beat Sweden ever again".
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    BBC is equally as shit.

Motson :o

Oh god don't get me started on Motson. Comes out with the biggest amount of shit that no one gives a shit about plus all these dates that he always looks back on that no one can remember or gives a shit about.
  • Options
    For all Motson's faults, at least he doesn't perform regular fellatio on red-faced moronic Scots living in Cheshire.

Aladdin, what principle? That ITV have to make a profit to compete with the thieving BBC cunts?
  • Options
    "Ljungberg really skipped a few gears then, he went from 3rd to 4th in an instant" :chin: :lol: or something similar said. Which gears did he skip?? 3.2 & 3.6?? ha
  • Options
    Barry Davies all the way :D

I'd prefer Jonathan 'WOW!' Pearce than any of the ITV commentators.
  • Options
    all terrestrial commentators piss me off, BBC have good pundits tho.

but give me sky anyday!
  • Options
    lol you must be kidding, andy gray is worse than the lot of them......i prefer five live radio commentary, why dont they get those guys in to do the world cup?.....
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Aladdin, what principle? That ITV have to make a profit to compete with the thieving BBC cunts?
    The principle that we always get knocked out on ITV. That's more important than ITV being able to compete.

David Pleat has to be the worst. Has anyone ever heard him pronounce a name correctly? I mean it's not that hard once someone's told you, but he constantly pronounces names wrong that have been playing in this country for years. I hate the complacent attitude, talking about facing the Argies, when we've still got to play Ecuador.

Oh and just a quick prediction: we'll beat Ecuador, Portugal will beat Holland, and Big Phil will knock us out of the third tournament in a row. You know it's destined to happen now.:(
  • Options
    Agree about ITV. Andy Townsend was my favourite Villa player when he was with us but I just don't like him as a pundit.

Alan Hansen is quality tho. That thing he was doing the other day with the "shaded areas" was some of the best punditry ever :thumb:

EDIT: Don't even get me started on David Pleat
  • Options
    The BBC are fantastic, Desailly and Leonardo know what they're on about. As I type, O'Neil is yet again whinging about losing the UEFA final in 2003, so we'll skip over that.

However, Ian Wright is a wanker of the highest order, only employed to appeal to the knuckledragger element of the English support.

Motty comes over as a rather sweet, overexcitable old man when he comes to talking about England, although it's preferrable to Tyldesley who comes across as a smug twat.

ITV pundits are awful too, If it's not Gabby Logan patronising Okocha then it's Rosenthal/Rider trying to make out that they shouldn't be back presenting F1/golf.

I like the way Pleat always greets the audience when he comes on "Yes, good afternoon everybody!" :yippe:
  • Options
    Pleat's a total dickhead. Couldn't commentate to save his life, or pronounce a name. Who the fuck are Rays (Reyes) and Hen-ree (Henry)? Senile fucker.

Motson may as well just give up.

Anyone who likes Jonathan 'Robot Wars' Pearce needs their head checked.

Terrestrial commentary is just absolutely awful. Sky is definitely better, just a pity they're extortionate cunts.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Anyone who likes Jonathan 'Robot Wars' Pearce needs their head checked.

Haha, I couldn't remember where I'd heard him before, that was it.

He can't commentate for shit, but at least you can tell he actually gets into the game.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Barry Davies all the way :D

The only thing this World Cup is lacking is the School Headmaster tones of Barry.