Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

chest pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the last 2 packs of my pill, towards the end i've been getting achey chest pains around my breastbone
i've just finished a pack and started my break today and for the last few days theyve come back
im terrified that it's something serious like a heart problem - i'm wondering if the pill is linked cause last time they gradually subsided during my break.
I'm gonna see if i can go back to the docs because i'm terrified. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    whats the pill?
    microgynon 30
    it might be caused by the pill so you should go see the doctor. there are many different pills containing different levels of hormones so perhaps microgynon is not suitable for you.
    lipsy wrote:
    it might be caused by the pill so you should go see the doctor. there are many different pills containing different levels of hormones so perhaps microgynon is not suitable for you.
    i'm hoping it is, it's only very recent - and i hope its going to go if i stop/change pills or i might try something else
    yep. any side effects / potential side effects need to be reported to your gp / pharmacy.
    Ballerina wrote:
    i'm hoping it is, it's only very recent - and i hope its going to go if i stop/change pills or i might try something else
    it sounds like it is tbh. try not to worry :)
    well i've been back today and she listened to my chest and said it was clear, and that the only thing she could think of was a blood clot....but she said it would have been in my leg, and moved to my chest which was unlikely and she said the pain would be worse and i'd be out of breath and very ill and i'm not so it wouldn't be. Even though i'm still a bit worried.
    anyways ive changed pill to a smaller dose of hormones and gonna give that a try