Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

what car?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bacon wrote:
    i have a [bmw] mini cooper in red and white, it's an 05 plate. it's awesome, wouldn't change it for the world. interior is wicked, chromed out yo.

thank you hsbc graduate loan ;)!
    I think they're the crappiest designed cars ever. When it rains, the water runs off the roof and down the rear windscreen, causing absolute chaos. (I've not seen a single CLEAN mini)
    And they're really horrible to drive. :p
    bacon wrote:
    i have a [bmw] mini cooper in red and white, it's an 05 plate. it's awesome, wouldn't change it for the world. interior is wicked, chromed out yo.

thank you hsbc graduate loan ;)!

I saw a mini in the back of an SUV, looked much like an accordian. The sight did make me giggle. They're hideous.

(And no, you oversensitive weirdos, there were no dead bodies flying around for me to giggle more at)
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    my_name wrote:
    I saw a mini in the back of an SUV, looked much like an accordian. The sight did make me giggle. They're hideous.

(And no, you oversensitive weirdos, there were no dead bodies flying around for me to giggle more at)

in the BACK of an SUV? That must have been a huge SUV... was it an old mini or a new one?
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    in the BACK of an SUV? That must have been a huge SUV... was it an old mini or a new one?

In the back like it rear ended the SUV and was crunched into the back of it, not like in the trunk in the back :p
    And a new one.
    I think they're the crappiest designed cars ever. When it rains, the water runs off the roof and down the rear windscreen, causing absolute chaos. (I've not seen a single CLEAN mini)

Nobody cares about what you think though, you've commented on all these cars but you don't have any experience driving them, or of proper motoring in general. You say they are horrible to drive, but you probably think so because you're a learner or whatever - and a shit driver. Meaning any car you do drive will be 'horrible to drive'.

To all the people who have/drive Minis - if any of my mates ever got a mini, they'd be getting mini punches every 2 seconds. Unless its just me and my saddo mates who still do that (And with yellow cars :p).

If money was no object, i'd either get a koenigsegg or a Bugatti Veyron. And a hefty life insurance policy for my family's sake :p
    Doofay wrote:

To all the people who have/drive Minis - if any of my mates ever got a mini, they'd be getting mini punches every 2 seconds. Unless its just me and my saddo mates who still do that (And with yellow cars :p).

:p

And bugs, and cars with wood on the side. :yes: :thumb:
    my_name wrote:
    And bugs, and cars with wood on the side. :yes: :thumb:

Woodie station wagons. Oldschool... dude... it must be great seeing those things cruise about.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Woodie station wagons. Oldschool... dude... it must be great seeing those things cruise about.

You rarely see ones with wood anymore though :(
    I used to play that game with my dad, I'd beat his ass :p
    Then once I started driving my sister places... she punched real hard, got a charlie horse once when driving, that sucked :p
    My mum's got a Rav, and we adore it. We had a black one, but some fucker wrote it off in April, but we got a champagne coloured replacement Rav about 2 weeks later :D If I could afford the insurance, I'd have one myself. :thumb:

Wasn't too sure when i first got it (bought it off a friend for a low price) but am pretty happy with it at the mo. Insurance is only about £340 so for a 2 litre not too bad. Petrols not too steep either considering.

The same friend has just bought a new ford maverick, not too taken on the new shape, prefer the old ones which looked like a proper 4 x 4.
    Doofay wrote:

My boyfriend and (mainly male, sad little boys) mates beep whenever they see a yellow car, and wave. Anyone who doesn't gets a slapping. I told them they needed to pack it in for when I pass my test because I have a yellow car and it'd look like I was waving at people who had the same colour car as me (i.e a idiot). They reminded me I technically would see a yellow car the whole time I was driving, so to be grateful they weren't making me drive around with my hand on the horn.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    My boyfriend and (mainly male, sad little boys) .

I kept reading that as your boyfriend is mainly male, I spent the last few minutes very confused :o
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    If they still made these, I'd buy one brand new. :heart:

http://www.pug205.net/205_gti.jpg
    Weekender Offender 
    I have a vauxhall corsa twist, bit ancient (1995) but its not done me bad for the last 2 years considering its age. its very cheap, cheerful and suprisingly nippy :thumb:
    rachie004 wrote:
    My car just came back from its MOT

it has a go faster white stripe over the wheel arch where they've patched over it falling apart - shame they couldn't patch over the rest of the rust :o

So it got fillered? Woo for that, saved you doing it. Or did they do it properly and weld a new plate in and primer it?

And you lazy sod... where it is gonig rusty, sand it down youself! Its easy... grind it down, filler any little holes... primer over it... then paint it properly if you can be bothered... primer won't hurt left on its own.
    Corsa 1.2, also a bit old but works well.
    migpilot wrote:
    That's the special edition one, they made a few to celebrate the end of production, isn't it.
    They were only offered to people by invite...

Is your dad an A-lister or something?
    The SE ones are ok, coz they are actually drivable and got a better engine...

The originals were crude and dangerous. And ugly.
    Your dad's not taking good care of that car, is he!!!

No mate, it's a 1995 S4S with V8 wheels. The interior shot is from a different car - this wasn't my Dads. His cars are always immaculate. :)

He's moved onto Porsche these days. Had an uber-rare 911 Celebration - 911 were made to celebrate 30 years of Porsche production, with a shade under 50 made in RHD. His was the first RHD one - number 003 out of 911. Wore the registration plate 'A 911' for a while :).

Sole it late last year and bought a Boxster S now. He wants to go around with the wind in his hair - lord knows why, when he's god 4 motorbikes as well. Must be a middle-age thing...
    soraliah wrote:
    my dad has a yellow lotus elise atm and i personally hate it!! i mean, its nice to look at and all, but it is sooo noisy and uncomfy inside! its all metal which isnt very good. plus my dad drives like a mad man and im constantly thinking we're going to go into the nearest hedge.

Go drive it! You'll soon realise why people buy them - it isn't for the carpet or soundproofing! :)

Erm, it's actually a really well thought-out little car. Nicely made, nice do drive, and whilst I'm certainly not a fan, it does a fair amount of justice to the original.

Try driving ANY car with a rear-screen at such a high rake. Rainwater will always run down it. :rolleyes:
    Skive wrote:
    If they still made these, I'd buy one brand new. :heart:

http://www.pug205.net/205_gti.jpg

Still wish I'd never sold mine. Most favourite car ever. And older than most of the posters on this forum ;).
    rachie004 wrote:
    just in case you hadn't noticed - I'm a girl!

so the bits where its raised due to the rust.. I just sand it off and then put 'primer' over the top? hmmm :chin:

Well, basically yes. Erm, I am guessing you don't have a griner atachment type thingy for a power drill? It's the only real way you'll do it properly. If it is just surface rust... grind it off until level. If there are holes you'll need filler.

One alternative is use your femanine charms upon a man who knows what he is doing. Alternatley, I am availible for a small fee to do the work. (Poor student alert.)

If you think you can be bothered (lol) pick up the relatives Haynes guide for your car, they have step by step intrsuctions! Halfords stock 'em.
    ^Aye, there's nothing to it. Wait for a sunny day, sand it back with some harsh sandpaper - anything below 360 grit will do nicely. Skim a little filler on it, sand it flat, slap some paint on. Job done :).

I'm just down the M6 if you want someone to walk you through it. Will even give you some filler :).
    ^Aye, there's nothing to it. Wait for a sunny day, sand it back with some harsh sandpaper - anything below 360 grit will do nicely. Skim a little filler on it, sand it flat, slap some paint on. Job done :).

I'm just down the M6 if you want someone to walk you through it. Will even give you some filler :).

You have free filler? *heads to yours to nick some*
    I have free filler because I only buy good cars and have never needed to use it, apart from on the one my ex bought in a hurry ;).

Though I did use a smidge last year when tarting up my fairings :).
    rachie004 wrote:
    *currently offering sexual favours to my car minded friend* :razz:

Oi!!!!!

FREE FILLER!!!!!!!!! FREE FILLER!!!!!!!! Nearer than the guinea pig anyway ;).
    rachie004 wrote:
    *currently offering sexual favours to my car minded friend* :razz:

*accepts*

And I'll take the free filler myself... not only for her car... I am gonna need some when I buy a Capri, I can see rust being a big issue.
    Oi!!!!!

FREE FILLER!!!!!!!!! FREE FILLER!!!!!!!! Nearer than the guinea pig anyway ;).
    :flirt:
    You might be out of luck actually - I've had it for so long it's started to go off :). But if you're willing to have a go at the work yourself, then I'm happy to assist you through it and offer whatever tools I have. :)

My little sachet of hardener is still good though ;):D.
    I'm too young to hear this. :o
    Heh, I might come back when you've sobered up ;).

I've not had enough to drink to be able to flirt back so strongly :D.
    I've not had enough to drink to be able to flirt back so strongly :D.
    I have. And I tell you what - I don't have a "small sachet". :flirt:

:D
    Kentish wrote:

:lol: It wasn't very good at hardening when you came to see me though :(
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    :lol: It wasn't very good at hardening when you came to see me though :(
    :yeees: Your indiscretion is noted.
    Kentish wrote:

My friends' brother hangs out at gay bars frequently. Would you like his number? ;)