Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

North korea...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why are we so transfixed with Iran when North Korea are clearly the real threat! If there is an threat of WW3 surely it is with these guys!

They are brainwashed people. Very dangerous.

Why do we hear so little about them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    North Korea are as much a threat as Iran is. I.e. fuck all. Why do people let themselves get so worked up over these "threats" they're basically non-existent. Get a grip.

The reason why we hear so little about them is because NK is so close to China that the US wouldn't even dare talk about an invasion nevermind carry one out. There was a alot of debate about NK last year over nuclear weapons, where you living under a rock then?
    Two reasons:

1) NK has a stronger military, and more crucially, almost certainly a small number of nukes already

2) NK isn't in the Middle East

But yes, they do pose far more of a threat than Iran and Iraq ever did. Mind you, it's not as if they're about to start WWIII. As far as I'm concerned they have as much right to test ballistic missiles as anyone else.

Mind you,
    Will they launch their long-range missile?
    I'm scared. Am I overreacting?
    Am I overreacting?

Yes, what business does NK have in attacking us. None, leave them alone and they'll leave us alone.
    I wasn't about to go and poke them with a broom or something! Things like this make me want to hide under my desk.
    If you're really worried you could actually go to costa rica! Would do us all a favour! :p
    Fine, tease me for being scared of being blown up! :(
    You've got to bear in mind that Turlough lives in Northern Ireland. Until a few years ago, explosions round that part of the world were all too common place. Thank god for the peace process, even if it has meant appeasing the IRA.
    Don't worry- North Korean missiles don't have the range to reach Europe :p
    But they might do one day... Oh dear. *prepares desk for hiding under*
    But they might do one day... Oh dear. *prepares desk for hiding under*

Seriously though, why the fuck would NK want to bomb Europe?
    I don't know. Why do they want to bomb anyone?
    I don't know. Why do they want to bomb anyone?

It's because they're a Communist State that everyone gets worked over. There'll be a Red invasion before we kow it! :rolleyes:
    Bascially, the American government hasn't found a way of dubiously linking North Korea to any of the other events yet. Give them a chance, it takes a while to come up with a load of bullshit to get enough of the public behind you for an invasion.
    turlough wrote:
    If you're really worried you could actually go to costa rica! Would do us all a favour! :p
    I don't enough about about N.K to make much of a contribution.So i'll just comment that I've noticed from some of your postings,that you can be quite a cheeky bastard Turlough!Good to see I am not alone! Cheers. John
    Haha I'm an angel really though. :angel: :p
    Ok here is a link to the North Korea missile thing. They reckon that it's fully fuelled, and that they will test it in the next two months. It could reach the USA.
    Ok here is a link to the North Korea missile thing. They reckon that it's fully fuelled, and that they will test it in the next two months. It could reach the USA.

And what?

India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons, should we be scared of that?
    I don't know! This was on the news today, that's all.

But yes, in true KHSS fashion I would be scared if India and Pakistan were planning on testing out their nuclear weapons. I can't help being a big wimp!
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Aladdin wrote:
    Two reasons:

1) NK has a stronger military, and more crucially, almost certainly a small number of nukes already

:lol: Nukes only mate. The North Korean army is SHITE. SHITE. Less than what Iraq put up a fight of.

A bunch of T-34's, and T-55's ain't even going to stand a chance of SCRATCHING an Abrams mate.

And WW2 era Artillery...

Korean war and older planes. MiG-15's, 17's... and some good old IL-2 anti-tank places.

They'd be decimated in SECONDS.

But the Nukes... the USA can't stop them. So its a no-go zone. They'd think of Iran LONG before NK.
    North Korea prepares for missile test?

:shocking: Well, they sure are getting ready to launch something... this should be interesting to show their true capabilities in the missle department! Shame they put this missile program above feeing their people.
    What the flying fuck should the US government think the international community should "take steps" if North Korea decides to test a missile?

This from the hypocrite cunts who have torn up the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, have restarted their nuclear weapons programme, and have even proudly announce they would use battlefield nukes in a conventional war in a first-strike basis.

It really beggars belief... :rolleyes: :mad:
    So long as the missiles never leave NK air space then there is no problems i can think of. If however it enters a neighbours airspace, then they are asking to get bombed.

Chine are ready to drop the hammer on them after all. The last thing they want or will tolerate is another power in the region interfering with their long term objectives for the region and further a field in Africa.

As for the army of NK, well it is the 2nd largest standing Army in the world but i think one big defeat would have them turning on their own government, at rank and file level, officers are well treated so they wouldnt turn renegade with out a push.

They want missiles let them have them, China will deal with them for us, America and Europe can leave it alone. All NK want is international attention and recognition, however i think turning down the opportunity to participate in summits involving America and China is a mistake.
    subject13 wrote:
    So long as the missiles never leave NK air space then there is no problems i can think of. If however it enters a neighbours airspace, then they are asking to get bombed.

Well last time they flew a missle OVER japan
    Jim V wrote:

Lucky it didnt have a dodgy second hand guidance system that caused it to crash into Japan because then it would be an act of war or at least taken one. If they ever did do something so stupid as to launch a missile into the airspace of China or the USA you know whats going to happen.
    Still, stupid to fire missiles into another countries airspace, Japan should complain...maybe make a petition.
    Jim V wrote:

Didn`t someone else do that about 60 years ago and carelessly dropped them ?
    Think that was deliberate, though of course they'd already killed far more people in the previous firebombings
    subject13 wrote:
    Lucky it didnt have a dodgy second hand guidance system that caused it to crash into Japan because then it would be an act of war or at least taken one. If they ever did do something so stupid as to launch a missile into the airspace of China or the USA you know whats going to happen.
    Still, stupid to fire missiles into another countries airspace, Japan should complain...maybe make a petition.

You are right.

Iraq should complain about all those missiles the US have sent into it's airspace too. Palestine and Israel can complain at each other for ages!:lol:

Well, let the fuckers test it. If it hits anything we can invade.

Seeker - I think they used planes and bombs back then.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Seeker - I think they used planes and bombs back then.

The modes of transport change with time, but the murderers still remain.
    Not really, the President of the time, his generals, the men who developed the bomb and the pilots who dropped it...most must be dead by now from old age or something.