Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

State school bans 'chastity rings'

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there were very few single parents.
    very few unmarried mothers.

You make it sound like those are bad things...
  • Options
    You make it sound like those are bad things...
    they are new problems.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    they are new problems.
    I think he means they're not problems at all. Not sure if I agree or not.
  • Options
    I certainly don't see unmarried parents or single parents as 'a problem'. I can't believe anyone would...
  • Options
    You can't possibly consider it an ideal though.
  • Options
    Few things in life are. Married, two-parents couples are not necessarily ideal either. It depends on the circumstances of each individual home.

And I certainly don't see anything wrong or even less than ideal with unmarried people having babies.
  • Options
    there were very few single parents.
    I wonder how many unhappy married parents there were though?

There's also the fact that teenagers are becoming sexualised (biologically) at an earlier age, so of course the urges come along with that. I think that we have to adapt to reflect this, and I don't think creating a culture where sex is something not to be discussed or even be ashamed of, is the best way to do that. Unfortunately, I think the culture of sex being something to be celebrated and enjoyed has come along, which would be fine in itself, but the openess and matureness to talk about it and ask questions hasn't come along with it. Therefore you have a situation currently where sex is something that everyone is doing, and is the greatest thing in the history of the world, but alongside it, the culture of not talking about it, and not asking questions, which is why you get the problems of people doing it when they aren't ready, being pressured into it, or doing it without taking the correct precautions.
  • Options
    I wonder how many unhappy married parents there were though?

There's also the fact that teenagers are becoming sexualised (biologically) at an earlier age, so of course the urges come along with that. I think that we have to adapt to reflect this, and I don't think creating a culture where sex is something not to be discussed or even be ashamed of, is the best way to do that. Unfortunately, I think the culture of sex being something to be celebrated and enjoyed has come along, which would be fine in itself, but the openess and matureness to talk about it and ask questions hasn't come along with it. Therefore you have a situation currently where sex is something that everyone is doing, and is the greatest thing in the history of the world, but alongside it, the culture of not talking about it, and not asking questions, which is why you get the problems of people doing it when they aren't ready, being pressured into it, or doing it without taking the correct precautions.
    Exactly. This is further proved by the situation in such countries such as Sweden, Finland, etc where sex education is far more integrated and comprehensive, age of consent often lower, and yet there are far fewer pregancies and STDs amongst youngsters.

Which proves that sex education is part of the solution not part of the problem.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Indeed, there's nothing sick or wrong about not having sex.
    Unless it's with a chicken.
  • Options
    There's something sick and wrong about not having sex with a chicken?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Nothing wrong with sex with a chicken Fiend (as long as your married to it)!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    There's something sick and wrong about not having sex with a chicken?
    In Washington State they'll think you're a prude ;)
  • Options
    They can shut up, america was founded by prudes