Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bikini for a friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Usually, I only shop at target, but I need to get a good friend of mine a really nice bikini or bathingsuit, preferably one that won't completely disintegrate by the end of August. She likes a lot of name brand designers and anything that celebrities wear. Now comes the fun part, what should I buy her?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    justdecent wrote:
    Usually, I only shop at target, but I need to get a good friend of mine a really nice bikini or bathingsuit, preferably one that won't completely disintegrate by the end of August. She likes a lot of name brand designers and anything that celebrities wear. Now comes the fun part, what should I buy her?

hmmm...I dunno look on the topshop website or asos?
    Figleaves have nice ones, depends what your budget is?
    I just checked out ASOS and then googled Jessica Simpson, because she wears the best clothes around- I kept seeing Lisa Curran swimwear and then old, used "Jessica Simpson" stuff on ebay. The stuff I am finding is really cute though.

So far, I like these:

http://www.swimwearboutique.com/shopping/vendor-product.asp?vid=129&pg=2
    (the black bikini on the top row)

and

http://www.lisacurranswim.com/catalog/bikinis_480149_products.htm
    (Bohemian Floral Shirred Halter Top in the middle)

What do you think?
    justdecent wrote:

What do you think?

I wish I had a friend like you when my birthday and christmas came along. $100 presents, all right :cool: :p
    I think: buy the size up in the knickers- they all look really bad on the model... I don't like the whole 'digging in' look...
    I really like the wood halter

or the shimmer gold ring.

I don't like the model's accessories for the swimming suits, though .. :rolleyes:
    I think I am gonna go with the Wood Halter, thanks.... but I am so not buying her accessories! now the countdown begins to my birthday...
    It Got Here soooo Fast!

My friend actually mentioned to me that she saw the new Lisa Curran swimwear collection on Shop Bop, and that everything she does is "soooooo cute" so I was very excited when I got the package in today for her! Immediate delivery, sweet! I was reading up on Lisa Curran, and all of the celebs are wearing her stuff, so now I am thinking I need to get me a few suits as well! ;) Anyway, this is the one that I bought for her- http://www.lisacurranswim.com/catalog/wood_halter_4887277.htm except, I did NOT get her a hat to match! lol I think it is the nicest bathing suit I have ever seen!
    :thumb: Hey- just thoguht that you might like to know, I just popped onto Lisa Curran's website and she is having a 20% off sale today and a few of my friends are in total freak out mode... it's a pretty sweet deal!