Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

NTL - retentions

Phoned up NTL yesterday to have a bit of a moan. My brother-in-law threatened to leave and they kept him sweet by giving him 4mb broadband for £16.99 per month, which I figured was better than the £17.99 I pay for 1mb.

So, I do a bit of research, and phone them up. I've been with them for 3.5 years, and only have broadband. I'm certainly not a large source of income for them. After a little 'discussion', the following deals are offered:-

1mb for £9.99 per month
4mb for £12.49 per month
10mb for £17.49 per month

All these offers were made without me having to sign up to them for another 12 month contract, nor are they only short-term introductory offers. The deals and prices are fixed until you decide you want to come off them, and you're free to chop and change as you see fit.

Well worth a phone call, IMO. I went up to 10mb, and have been downloading at 1.3-1.7mb(megabytes, not megabits) per second from the newsgroups. Sorted :).
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We pay £24.99 for 2mb thats going up to 4mb at some point. Will give them a ring, especially with tiscali giving free broadband for life, too.