Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not sure if this should go in here or not

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if you can transfer money from your own personal bank account into a different persons account, either through the post office or bank. Im with HSBC, the fella is with Allience & Leicester, and i need to transfer money into his account but im not sure how or if i can seeing as we are with different banks etc.

Comments

• Options
    Have you spoke to someone at HSBC? You might be able to find something on their website.
  • Options
    I had a look but there was nothing. I havent spoke to someone at HSBC yet, im popping into my branch at lunch time to sort another issue out, so il ask then.
  • Options
    Money transfers are easy enough, if you've got phone banking just phone up, give them the name, account number and sort code of the other account and say how much. It takes about 4 working days to go through normally.
  • Options
    ta :)

it actually needs to be in by sunday as thats rent day. I now know i can do it through the post office, i just need to take his card and hand in the money, it goes right into the account then without having to wait days
  • Options
    You can do a next day transfer by CHAPS, but you'd get charged for that, and it's probably too late now anyway. So you'll have to just go and pay the money in yourself.
  • Options
    Yeah, steve suggested that. Its easier just to to the post office tomorrow and sort it out then, while getting my euros for greece