Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Caffiene headaches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know you can get headaches and what not from caffiene withdrawl, but how about when you drink it? Its not like I don't drink alot of caffiene, I'll have a pop or two mixed with alcohol at night and once ever couple weeks I'll have a coffee in the mornings, but the last few times I've actually had just a pop, usually a fountian drink, I've gotten this weird lightheaded headache not really a headache feeling. I don't much know how to explain it. Could it be related to the pop, or just some weird coincidence.

Comments

• Options
    it could be a lot of things. Anything your body hasn't had in a while such as caffiene, sugar, etc and u introduce it to your system it has to work hard to break it down which can result in a headache. I stopped eting chesse after a life time of eating it after about 3 weeks when i had it again i was sick for a day and half. I get headaches each time i eat something with loads of sugar like cake. So because your body is not used to it breaks it down differently and you feel the results via a headache
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Bizarrely I never get headaches of Coke or other soft drinks but I get a horrible migrane style headache after strong coffee.

I do sometimes get that lightheaded feeling if I've had too much caffeine and I'm tired. Not sure why it happens.
  • Options
    i used to drink coffee, not a lot, maybe 1 cup a day and then suddenly when i drank it i started to get lightheaded and a funny feeling in my ears (sort of a cross between ringing and feeling like they need to pop). my sinuses would go a bit funny too. now i can't drink coffee :(
  • Options
    I get a headache if I don't get my daily fix of caffiene or if I have too much.
  • Options
    Could it be the alcohol?
  • Options
    My ex used to get withdrawal headaches from caffeine if she didn't have enough tea. Crazy. Cutting down is the best idea!
  • Options
    Have you switched from normal to diet?

Artificial sweeteners are known to cause some people nasty headaches.
  • Options
    My ex used to get withdrawal headaches from caffeine if she didn't have enough tea. Crazy. Cutting down is the best idea!

But I get the headache when I drink the pop, not when I don't :p

And no, not gone to the diet. Thanks though :) Is there something different of fountian drinks vs drinks in a can? Maybe thats it.
  • Options
    you could always just not frink soda ..or pop as some call it. There is always tea and water which you should drink anyway.
  • Options
    Blairx0 wrote:
    you could always just not frink soda ..or pop as some call it. There is always tea and water which you should drink anyway.

Yeah, but they don't serve tea at Taco Bell ;):p
  • Options
    iced tea works too :yeees: